Jackson Estate 'Pleased' Discovery Pulled Doc

12/31/2010 6:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The co-executors of Michael Jackson's estate think Discovery Channel did the right thing when they yanked a documentary from their UK schedule that was to feature a reenactment of MJ's autopsy.

1104_mj_BN_Getty_01
A rep for John Branca and John McClain tells TMZ, "The co-executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson are pleased that Discovery Channel made the correct decision in choosing to cancel this exploitative program."

The co-executors went on to say they feel Michael's fans played a large role in Discovery's decision, saying, "While Discovery cited legal proceedings and our request as the reasons for its decision, none of this would have happened had it not been for the incredible passion displayed by countless Michael Jackson fans worldwide who knew they stood as one and that their voices could not be ignored."

As for any future plans to air the show, Branca and McClain said, "We are hopeful that this show will never run in any market in the future."

Hugh Jass

did anyone notice the Discovery poster ad for the program depicted tumescence under the sheet? (Look up tumescence...)

Alex

Damn straight! Only the Jackson family is allowed to profit from Michael's death! How DARE Discovery try to cut in on their action!

CrabbyPatty

I'm "pleased" too; that is ridiculous!

MiMi

WTF Deb

You decide to come back just to be a PITA?

FYI

Just because Michael did not record a whole album of songs from another genre, does not mean he did not perform or write any.

Let's see.

Michael performed with the Cleveland Orchestra.

Michael wrote songs for movies

Michael performed with Slash and Freddie Mercury (hard rock)

Michael did have Christmas albums (J5)

Hold My Hand (Raggae)

Santana (rock, salsa, jazz)

Blood On The Dance Floor (pop, salsa)

I think I'll stop for now.

nan

Happy New year to those of you who haven't hit 2011 yet. This is the First win for Michael and his family.....May the Justice continue .

Posted at 3:44 PM on Dec 31, 2010 by Lee lee
Hi Lee Lee
Happy New Year..
I really think the cd will grow on people..the songs are beautiful but more important are the words because they express what he felt and reacted to a lot of the crap he went through,,..
I am looking forward to more to come..
Taking off for a bit ..Hope you all have a wonderful time tonight..:))

Deb

Mimi - I did not come back to be a PITA as you say. I was merely pointing out that there are several genres of music that Michael did not write. Nothing is all black and white, the statement ALL was incorrect. That is all I meant. If anyone takes offense to that, I'm sorry, but the statement itself was incorrect and I was merely pointing that out. I did not attack Human Nature herself - only what was said. And I don't feel I even "attacked" that...I was asking legitimate questions, and then made a qualitative statement based on the answers to those questions.

See...that's part of the problem here. If one does not tow the official Michael Jackson is a God line, they are ostracized, criticized and made to look like fools. It's too bad we can't have differing opinions without making it a free for all.

MiMi

Michael probably did more genres of music than anyone. And if HumanNature, myself and anyone else on the planet want to consider Michael "The King of All Music" then that is our perogative.

And so what if we do? Is that hurting you in some manner?

HumanNature

HEY CRAZY Deb

MJ HAS THE "TOP" SELLING ALBUM WORLDWIDE BEATING OUT CLASSICAL, COUNTRY, OPERA, HEAVY METAL, ROCK & ROLL, BLUES, R&B, RAP, NEW AGE AND EVEN ELVIS, BEATLES, MADONNA AND ETC.

NO OTHER ARTIST OR GROUP, PAST OR PRESENT CAN EVER MATCH THE "GREATEST" OF THE "KING OF ALL MUSIC"!!!

ANOTHER THING, MJ BROKE DOWN RACIAL BARRIER AND BROUGHT "ALL" PEOPLE TOGETHER!!!

MUSICALLY, MJ IS IN A LEAGUE ALL BY HIMSELF!!!!

LIKE I SAID

LONG LIVE THE KING OF "ALL" MUSIC, MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON

Susanne

Though official protests were catalytic, it was the collective effort of fans and those with a heart over the past month or so that was the real force behind the removal of this do***entary. Thank you to the estate for their honesty in this regard.

Gsharon 710

MJJ's estate are well aware of the doubts people have about MJJ's legal papers and someone is just giving them credit so they can look good to the public.
In truth, it was more likely the fans posting all over the internet and sending letters that made them decide to forget about the horrible scene they were going to show.

Estate.....Our eyes remain open. kiss kiss

HumanNature

You Forgot Bluegrass...
Michael Jackson
The Queen Of Flop!

Posted at 4:42 PM on Dec 31, 2010 by OhWell

MJ ALBUM "THRILLER" IS AT THE TOP OF BEST SELLING ALBUM WORLDWIDE!!!

SORRY BUT BLUEGRASS IS STILL HANGING OUT IN THE BARN YARD!!!

HumanNature

OhWell

STILL ROLLING AROUND IN THE BARN YARD WITH THAT JACKASS!!!

CAN YOU SAY HEE HAW???

Chico

Happy New Year to all of the MJ Fam here at TMZ!!!!!!