Jackson Estate 'Pleased' Discovery Pulled Doc

12/31/2010 6:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The co-executors of Michael Jackson's estate think Discovery Channel did the right thing when they yanked a documentary from their UK schedule that was to feature a reenactment of MJ's autopsy.

1104_mj_BN_Getty_01
A rep for John Branca and John McClain tells TMZ, "The co-executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson are pleased that Discovery Channel made the correct decision in choosing to cancel this exploitative program."

The co-executors went on to say they feel Michael's fans played a large role in Discovery's decision, saying, "While Discovery cited legal proceedings and our request as the reasons for its decision, none of this would have happened had it not been for the incredible passion displayed by countless Michael Jackson fans worldwide who knew they stood as one and that their voices could not be ignored."

As for any future plans to air the show, Branca and McClain said, "We are hopeful that this show will never run in any market in the future."

Pegasus

To Human Nature, Cherwood, Siggisis, Big MiMi, Little Mimi, Yelena, Lee Lee, Flower, Alice, Phantom, Andie, and Everyone Else:

Here is wishing and praying that Each of You will have a Very Safe and Happy New Year! I pray that 2011 will bring Each of You Blessing's from Heaven and wondereous things. Love To All Of You!

marcia

On a more positive note,after being unsure If I was going to buy the CD ( I had so many mixed emotions ) I am so glad I did. I love Michael singing his ballads ,I get goose bumps everytime. As someone else mentioned on one of these boards awhile ago.....I only wish that they had put the timeframe Michael recorded each song, and maybe which album he was considering putting each song on. I love it

Posted at 3:44 PM on Dec 31, 2010 by Lee lee
______________________________________________________________

I know, they were so hasty in putting this album out, I too wish they had of put a little more thought into doing something like what you said and the packaging. I'm one of those people that like to read everything inside the cd jackets. I like that they had a caption underneath some of the songs as to what MJ was thinking at the time or what was going on during the time of the songs. I also like the personal notes by Michael written on the note pads and such. Wish there were more real pics of him in addition to the painting by the artist who did the album cover. Even though I don't really like the huge pic of MJ, I love the way the artist has included a montage of Michael's history from his family to his music to the woman that were in his life. It's very detailed. I think I even saw Charlie Chaplin in there with the Motown artists.

good

I am not a fan of Michael Jackson, yes he was emmensly (sp) talented, but I was not a huge fan, but even I thought this program was in very poor taste and I am very glad it has been pulled temporalily, I hope they pull it for good.

HumanNature

MiMi, Pegasus, Chico, Cherwood, Siggisis, Phantom, Lee Lee, Flower and ALL OF MJ FANS WORLDWIDE!!!!

HAVE A HAPPY AND BLESSED NEW YEAR, ALL YEAR LONG!!!!

"WE ARE THE WORLD"

A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.
- John Lennon

PEACE

Phantom of the Opera

kim

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL OF THE MJ FANS HERE ON TMZ!!!!!

I am glad Discovery channel came to their senses and pulled this show. The fans and the estate worked as a team to get the message out there about how wrong this was. No matter what you think of MJ personally, you know this show should not be aired and advertised the way it was.
The love for this man from his fans is just amazing. They will continue to fight for MJ when something like this comes out and is just so morbid.
Thank you to the estate for the letter, and thank you to all of the mj fans (like me) who sent in letters/emails/phonecalls and signed the petition against the airing of this show.

"Their is nothing that can't be done, if we raise our voice as one".

So true.

rip mj

HumanNature

OhWell

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU, ALSO!!!!

JANUARY 4, 2011 IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORONER!!!!

WHEN DR DEATH STAND TRIAL AND BE CONVICTED FOR THE DEATH OF THE "KING"!!!

I WILL BE RIGHT HERE TO CONSOLE YOU AND WIPE AWAY THOSE CROCODILE TEARS!!!!

SMOOCHES

Che

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!

Well done MJ Estate & Well done fans!! I know thousands of you made phone calls, wrote emails, wrote letters, signed petitions.. to people at Discovery, the sponsors of the show, the Dr who performed the mock autopsy, etc. etc.. and you even called your cable providers to ask them to remove the Discovery Channel from your televisions telling them the reason was because of this show!!

YOUR VOICE WAS HEARD! WELL DONE TO YOU! MICHAEL WOULD BE SO PROUD! THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN'T BE DONE IF WE RAISE OF VOICES AS ONE!

Haters, sorry you can't take away my happiness :D :D :D

Che

''Though official protests were catalytic, it was the collective effort of fans and those with a heart over the past month or so that was the real force behind the removal of this do***entary. Thank you to the estate for their honesty in this regard. ''

I agree, and the Estate acknowledges the fans fantastic response to this scheduled 'do***entary'.

MiMi

Happy New Year to all the wonderful people I have met here on TMZ!

May 2011 be a great one for you all.

Scott

Actually you got the name wrong shouldn't it be Deb?

LOLOLOLOL

Deb

Michael probably did more genres of music than anyone. And if HumanNature, myself and anyone else on the planet want to consider Michael "The King of All Music" then that is our perogative.

And so what if we do? Is that hurting you in some manner?

Posted at 4:52 PM on Dec 31, 2010 by MiMi

It doesn't bother me in the least, and I don't mean that to be snotty. I can't understand why you are being so catty with me, MiMi, I am allowed to have an opinion too. I did not attack anyone, merely pointed out the obvious. I have seen you be nicer to haters who say the most vile things about you than you are being toward me right now.

BTW, with regard to recording with Slash - if you look it up, Slash said Michael came in with a bare-bones outline of the song "Give in to Me" and told Slash he had free rein. So, I think that song should be credited more to Slash and not Michael. Slash also said that Michael did that with many musicians - he chose from the cream of the crop, so to speak, and asked them to "fill out" the songs they recorded with him. It stands to reason because Michael did not play all of the instruments and so may have desired someone who was a "specialist", shall we say, to write certain parts. So if we are going to be fair about it we should give credit where credit is due.