Oksana Grigorieva

Gets New Lawyer

... and the Flu

1/3/2011 3:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva has a new lawyer -- #42 by our count -- but she also has a sick feeling in her stomach.

0103_oksana_marty_EX_GETTY_TMZ
New York attorney Marty Garbus just got approval by an L.A. County Superior Court judge to appear on Oksana's behalf.  He joins attorney Dan Horowitz.

Now for the sick feeling ... Oksana is on her way to a law office for part 4 of her ongoing deposition in the Mel Gibson custody war.  But we're told she feels like crap and may have to pull the plug on the depo.

If she goes home sick, she can get a few pointers from "The People's Court."

Muppet

Of course she'll need more time off to get her story straight with Garbus. What a corrupt justice system!!

fuddyduddy

Hi there, Curious!

I just read your post on the other thread. I agree that all of this seems more about the criminal matters and not family law. I don't know how Garbus can help OG in family court other than him trying to make an argument that OG is speaking for other DV victims and it's her right according to free speech, and she should not have lost time with Lucia, and that Mel as the perpetrator does not deserve more time, and so forth.

And like I mentioned previously, the ROL article mentions interrogations and depositions and those are two different things. With the LADA giving the dentist immunity for his cooperation with the DV case, then all of his does seem to be about the crimial cases. You can read my other post on the other thread about it. I still think Horowitz and Garbus want the mediated agreement set aside though, and I am sure they are still working on that.

middleagedcrazy

Greetings my incandescent Queen Curious * + * + * + *

Of course, only the piano player could make a constitutional question out of custody of her meal ticket.

Tee hee

Midwesterner

I think TMZ is doing a pathetic job of reporting the saga at this point, and I am VERY curious as to why. Have their sources dried up? Are the deliberately trying to curtail knowledge of what's happening for some reason?

Curious

Muppet :)
Happy New Year and good to see you again!

Fuddybuddy -
LOL, as usual, you answered my question before I could finish typing it. I'm also reading over a couple of
shyone "lessons", specifically about depositions and hearsay.

garnet

They seem so tight, Oksana, Garbagus, and Horrowitz probably will infect each other and get sick.
When Oksana gets to hell, she'll be setting up a room her Lower Chamber - for her lowers.

kelly

#12 Hi Curious

I'll give her about four hrs.

kelly80

fuddyduddy

shyone "lessons", specifically about depositions and hearsay
Posted at 12:07 PM on Jan 3, 2011 by Curious
I wonder if a different judge approved this. It sure doesn't state that Judge Scott Gordon approved it, even though he is under the LA Superiour Court system.

When you look over deposition/hearsay stuff, you'll need to remember that Shyone posted as how they pertain to civil procedure, and not criminal procedure. There will be differences.

Curious

Kelly -

LOL, I'm going with ten seconds after Mr. Mel's lawyer asks the first question.

Belinda

Posted at 12:06 PM on Jan 3, 2011 by Midwesterner
________________________________________________________

We know that Harvey has been friends with Horowitz for a few years and maybe that was TMZ's source of information. Don't know how this will work out with Garbus taking the lead. Will Horowitz now take a back seat?

Midwesterner

Posted at 12:13 PM on Jan 3, 2011 by Belinda

I don't think this necessarily means the lead is changing.

Muppet

Hello Curious
Happy New Year to you as well!

I hope they televise the trial, I so want to watch her squirm on the stand. I suspect by the time they ever get to it though she'll have her lines down pat. What's taking so long??? Seeing how long they can put a drain on Mel's finances?
I wonder if she realizes if she bleeds him dry she'll also have nothing? What a stupid cow!

Curious

Fuddy -
If I recall correctly, the article from NY said ACLU would be filing with Judge Steinberg. Not sure if there's more than one Judge Steinberg in LA Superior.

Thank you for the reminder about criminal vs civil. Since this is being held in family court, I'm figuring we're still at the civil stage. Though there's absolutely nothing "civil" about Miss Oksana and company.

Fidel's niece

Liar, Liar,
your pink panties
on fire
AGAIN!

The world is sick of
this ugly,manipulating,
bitch and her bullsh*t!

Happy New Year
to all Mel's supporters!

***Team Mel***

Anonymous

don't understand what they are still fighting for right now - the custody case seems to have already been ruled last year, is she trying to get more money, or defending her numerous lies for her criminal charges