'Bachelor' Slap: Womack Says NOT Criminal Battery

1/4/2011 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

ABC is promoting "The Bachelor" with a slap to the face by a contestant, but the victim tells TMZ he  doesn't want her prosecuted.
010411_bachelor_still

You probably saw Brad Womack take a slap to the face, when he was greeted by Chantal O'Brien, who glibly told him she was delivering a violent message on behalf of all the scorned women in America.

So if Amber Portwood gets prosecuted for beating on her boyfriend, what's the difference?

1014_womack_videoBrad tells TMZ, "I think Chantal was just trying to make a statement about my past behavior and make a strong first impression, which she did. "

Brad adds, "I think what Chantal did was a light-hearted gesture which I took as such.  I do not condone violence in any relationship, nor would I keep someone around who I felt truly wished to do me harm."

As Brad left the premiere party last night -- he told us the slap was, "very real and very hard." Brad also told us he didn't want Chantal prosecuted because he "deserved" it.

So what do you think?

0104_bachelor_babes_footer

Kelly

I sure as hell wouldn't let some female slap me, and if she did I would be well within my rights to punch her back in the face, not that I would. Females these days are just too damned uppity.

SantaFeJack

Fake or not, how about some publicity in which Brad DOES file a complaint? Every male celebrity who so much as TOUCHES a female in anger ends up in cuffs and bailing himself out of jail. If a woman ever slapped me, I'd slap her right back.
You want equality, ladies? you got it!

Bobbie

If this was the Bachelorette nd the guy came up and slapped the woman, the National Organization for Women would burn ABC Studios down. There is no difference in violence at this stage of the game regardless of gender. ABC is condoning this and are nothing more than pimps prostituting its viewers by showing this display. I never liked the shows and this adds to my contempt for these kinds of shows. She should have been charged with assault and this just gives women the notion that they can get away with this abuse. If he won't file charges then let the authorities file charges since there is video evidence of the assault.

Larry99999

The slap was playful and Womack did not take offense. We need a little room in our society for playful behaviour. Whether scripted or not, this should not be categorized as a "criminal" battery.

Shanan Li

How come this is ok, but Mel Gibson slapping his baby mama due to her being out of control is ok? It is like the K-state Pinstripe Bowl Game. Rules need to be for all or none.

jo

One word...SCRIPTED. Seriously, is there anyone gullible enough to believe otherwise?! My guess is typical HWood they watched the ratings and headlines generated by the teen mom's episode of her hitting her boyfriend (or ex - who cares) and decided to script their own version of the same formula. Looks like it worked. Really, open your eyes and see that is NO reality in HWood.

jo

Test. Be careful everyone of TMZ site. Even though I put in an anon. name in 'Name' field, it used my real name! They must have set a new cookie or IP tracker. So glad Canada actually enforces it's privacy laws!

jo

Test.

l

she also said to him later in the episode "don't make me hit you again". watch it again, she does say this. i don't care what anyone thinks, keep your hands to yourself and don't slap people. and if scripted they should be ashamed even on mtv programs of competition, they are banned from the house. if he does end up with her - ridiculous.

Pimpcessa

Wow, the guys on this site are certainly out of control about a staged wussy slap. First of all, it was OBVIOUSLY staged. Secondly, if you check with any cop you will find that battery is battery and illegal, men and women get hauled away on a regular basis for laying their hands on the other in a violent manner. Amber Portwood is living proof. After reading all the whining posts on here, it looks pretty clear that many of you have serious female power issues. It wouldn't surprise me that many of these posts are the same guy though as many names here end with "man".

Just to be clear, I do not condone men or women harming one another physically. I was raised with the belief that if I punch a guy in the face I will have put myself in the position of a guy and I should expect the same in return.

But it is pretty amazing how many men are just out of control over what appeared like a totally staged smack across the chops. If you saw a man hit another man with the same power, you would have called it a bitch slap. And alot of you here want her to be arrested immediately.

I think there's a few guys here that just have issues with women, period.

TexaninJersey

Yeah, its funny to think this is who he picks. I bet we hear the producers of the Bachelor come out to say that they staged this when the domestic battery stuff starts to fly thru the other media outlets.

soulofanangel

Welcome to mamsy pamsy jack wagon world of wussie behavior.
Our soldiers must be laughing their bullets off.

chels

one big difference is she didn't slap him in front of there child

Danielle

well being she is the girl he picks, I dont think he would prosecute... Why is everything about suing everyone these days... every thing is about money... can people actually work for a living!!!!!!

CRA

I think it was staged. Did you notice the guy had his mouth open. Actors are told to open their mouths when slaped to avoid injury. She also slapped him along the jaw line also an acting trick. So relax just acting not assault.