Mel to Judge: Strip Oksana of Custody, STAT!

1/8/2011 6:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's lawyer went to court for an emergency hearing Friday, asking the judge to immediately strip Oksana Grigorieva of custody of baby Lucia ... TMZ has learned.

1123_mel_oksana_EX_TMZ_02
Sources connected with the case tell us the trigger for the hearing was TMZ's story the day before ... in which we reported Oksana claimed in her deposition earlier in the week that Mel beat her in order to get aroused during sex.

We're told Mel and his lawyers were outraged and accused Oksana's team of leaking the info. Mel's family lawyer, Stephen Kolodny, asked Judge Scott Gordon on Friday to take custody away from Oksana on grounds she acted maliciously -- not in the best interests of Lucia -- by allegedly leaking the story.

According to our sources, Kolodny also argued many of the allegations Oksana made during her deposition -- including the one reported on TMZ -- have never been made before and is a belated attempt to smear Mel and harm Lucia.

Our sources say Kolodny asked Judge Gordon for an immediate ruling but the judge refused, setting the matter for a full hearing next month.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

fuddyduddy

You go Mel!!!

It's time to fight fire with fire!

little aussie reader

How could the judge refuse? Something is not right.

little aussie reader

Fuddy? how is this possible? Ox is clearly playing dirty pool! That's not healthy for Lucia. Any insights?

fuddyduddy

The judge refused because he wants OG to have a say in this. He is giving her an opportunity to speak and to hear what she has to say. Then he will make a ruling.

Judge Gordon--I hope you make the ruling in favor of Mel. OG is not acting in the best interests of Lucia.

fuddyduddy

Mel and Kolodny--

I am proud of you for taking a stand in this and not rolling over. It's time. Things are just getting out of hand with OG. She is spending a lot of time and effort on trying to take Mel down any way she can. All of that time and effort should be spent on her children.

Hang in there.

will

MEL IS A RACIST HE HATE JEWS AND BLACKS THE BABY IS BETTER OFF BEING PUT UP FOR ADOBTING BOTH PARENTS CRAZY IN MY OPINION

BrAnBa

I trust this will work out in Mel´s favour. She has made far too many mistakes.

Hang in there, Mel. I know this journey is extremely hard and bumpy...but you will come out of it just fine. Sending you strength.

Team Mel, Sweden

little aussie reader

Okay, I see what you mean. But, honestly, the only person who has had a (public) say is Ox. It's not right. As mammy from GWTW would say: "It aint fittin, it just aint fittin"!

fuddyduddy

Little Aussie Reader--not to worry. I think that this latest tactic of OG's just backfired big time. She has snubbed her nose to the court for a long time now. It's time that Judge Gordon let her know that this is not how people co-parent.

little aussie reader

In my opinion, your opinion is as ignorant as all get out. Your opinion is less than worthless.

fuddyduddy

@Little Aussie Reader

I just love GWTW! What a great movie! Mammy was a wonderful character.

Mel is a wonderful father, and he will be a wonderful single dad for Lucia. Just look at Larry Birkhead and what a great job he is doing. There is no law that states a child is better with a mother. In this case, Lucia is better off with Mel. OG is trying to destroy Mel, the father of Lucia. And believe me, if Mel had done half of what OG has done, she would have been all over him in court.

Trish

This russian witch is dangerous. I feel sorry for the kids.

little aussie reader

Sorry, pissed off, forgot to add the post I was replying to. My last post was directed at will.

fuddyduddy

Whew!!! I thought you were blasting me, Little Aussie Reader!
LOL!

little aussie reader

@Little Aussie Reader

I just love GWTW! What a great movie! Mammy was a wonderful character.

Posted at 1:19 AM on Jan 8, 2011 by fuddyduddy

Fuddy, GWTW is my all time favourite! They don't make em like that anymore and mammy was just gorgeous!

I agree with all you said about Lucia being better off with Mel. Ox is toxic to all who surround her. I hope Judge Gordon sees it the same way. How could he not? She is making a mockery of the U.S legal system.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments