MJ Soundalike -- I Sang Songs on New 'Michael' Album

1/16/2011 12:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A guy who once fooled the public into thinking a song of his was really sung by Michael Jackson is claiming he sang a few of the songs on the new "Michael" album  ... and not MJ.

0116_jason_malachi_2_ex

Back in 2007, a song called "Mamacita" made the rounds ... with people thinking it was a new MJ track. Turned out it was done by a guy named Jason Malachi, who sounded just like the King of Pop.

Today, Malachi took to his Facebook page and made this claim:

"Sheesh guys, I guess it's time to confess. I've lied to many people, including someone today, but.... It was me. It was me who sang Breaking News, Keep Your Head Up, Monster and Stay.

"I had a agreement with the record company, but now the cat is out of the bag. Sorry to all my fans, and fellow Michael Jackson fans."

Check out Jason's most recent work below ... gotta admit, kinda MJ-esque.

Calls to Sony have not yet been returned.

mymjj5

TMZ can't defend Murray, so change the subject to a guy with no fans and a cd that no one is going to buy....why of course attach it somehow/someway to MJ. This is one of the very reasons why I will not purchase anything remotely related to MJ since the release of TII. To much ongoing BS, fraud and blood money for me.

btw: Murray still does NOT have a defense.

mymjj5

This person is not in MJ's league. He sounds more like Lloyd or Mario. He does not have any fans and Murray still does not have a defense!!!

Kayla

Well i live by ''the truth shall set you free''
atleast he confessed. i knew it was him all along. Fck $ony!1 and their filthy ways

Daphne

No, he does not sound like MJ. I listened to the above & its only, kinda MJ-esque.

Kayla

I just cant believe this!! I knew it all this time. This lil sap sucker is gonna say sorry to the fans!!

He doesnt know what sorry is!! omg this is dissapointing

lap123

I have no clue why this is a surprise a lot of Michael's fans pin pointed this man as the singer of these every songs right after the cd came out. We knew those songs didn't sound right. They did not have Michael's voice quality. I went ahead and bought the cd for the other songs. I would like to have a cd with Hold My Hand, Work that body (my favorite unreleased MJ song), and other real MJ unreleased songs. Also they could re-release One More Chance. This just proves Sony is still the a greedy devil of a company. I hope the estate does something now that the truth is out Michael did not sing those songs.

Daphne

Posted at 5:33 PM on Jan 16, 2011 by mymjj5

Totally agree with u.

kim

I for one do not think sony would put their company on the line for this. but lesser things have not surpised me especially when it comes to Michael Jackson. too many strange things have happened beginning with the cir***stances of his death.

ohreally

why is he trying to get publicity by using MJS name

should be sued.

Kapital

check this audio/comparison:

Brandon

This guy is such a fake. "Stay" isn't even a song on the Michael album, he is justing trying to get into Michael Jackson's spotlight.

Candy

Bull...I never believed "mamacita" was MJ...but I do believe that all the songs on the album are Michael. Nobody can sound as unique as Michael. Sorry Jason or whatever his name is, quit trying to increase sales on your album with this crazy story.

MiMi

This was going around on Twitter hours ago. It was also stated that no one knew if this was taken from the real Jason Malachi's Facebook page.

Seems as though there is more than one saying they are Jason Malachi on Facebook.

Desh

WHy am I not surprised? Its what I thought the first time I heard that crap. F U Sony and F U JM .

Daphne

1). if it was really Michael on the cd Jason will be sued by the estate for saying this.
2). if it was really jason on the cd Jason will still be sued for breach of contract.

Posted at 5:22 PM on Jan 16, 2011 by kim

I agree. Hope he's got legal advice before talking to TMZ. I still like the Michael album a lot. Breaking News is a pretty nice track, along with all the other tracks. Michael Jackson, I Love You.
Waves to Kim.