Steven Tyler -- The 'Idol' Audition

That Made Him Cry

1/18/2011 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Tyler had an extremely emotional moment during an "American Idol" audition, when a contestant brought his disabled fiancee to watch him compete.

Chris Medina American Idol
Sources connected with the show tell TMZ, the "Idol" judges were in Milwaukee when 27-year-old Chris Medina walked into the room, accompanied by his disabled fiancee, Juliana Ramos.

We're told Chris told the judges he proposed to Juliana two years ago ... and the couple was making wedding plans when tragedy struck.  Juliana got into a horrible car accident on her way home from work in October, 2009, and was left nearly paralyzed with significant brain damage.

The video below was shot one year into Juliana's recovery.

011810_chris_median_video

Chris' singing was great, but Steven was so moved by Chris' story ... he got up out of his chair, teary-eyed, walked over to Juliana, and hugged and kissed her.

Tyler, we're told, is becoming the star of the show, with big emotions ranging from snark to Paula-style sincerity.

Chris, who will appear on next week's show, made the top 40.

As for Chris' wedding, it's been placed on hold.  The medical expenses are so great, a website was launched to help cover the costs.

0118_chris_juliana_GALLERY_LAUNCH

TheLady

To mary: Actually, I DO know them, and I know that Julianna was drinking and texting when she got into that accident. I also know that she cheated on Chris before her accident with half of Chicago's music scene. I'm not saying that she deserved what she got--no one deserves that--but I am saying that she is not the saint everyone makes her out to be. And Chris is no better exploiting her to get on the show. The only good thing that may come of this is her family will receive financial help. If Chris gets a record deal out of it, he ought to be ashamed of himself.

Amers

How come nobody is saying that she was wasted when she left work that night? Dont drink and drive. Duh..

lucy

how do any of you know if she was drinking and driving? or driving and texting?

are you all saints who have never engaged in those activities?

also, she NEVER cheated on chris.

the man

To the "lady"
From your posts we can gather that:
You are psychic because you "know" Chris is leaving his fiancé when he goes to Hollywood and never going back to her. You actually "know" the future.
You must have been in the car because you "know" Juliana was texting and drinking. Really?
You personally "know" half of Chicago's music scene and they share their intimate relationships with you.
You don't KNOW anything,except how to throw stones at an already injured person.
I don't believe I have read anywhere that anyone ever said Juliana was a saint. That's just another thing that you are making up as you go along. The anonymity of a message board makes you a wealth of knowledge. If you are sure you "know" so much why don't you tell us who you are.
I do KNOW that you won't do that.
I also KNOW that you don't get a record deal because your fiancé is injured. You get a record deal if you have talent. There is no shame in that. Shame on you. You bitter, bitter, lady.

lucy

haters gunna hate!

I've known Juliana for 5 years and she is the most fun-loving, eccentric, and gorgeous person ever... inside and out! I feel the need to defend her bc she cant defend herself at this time. Chris is her man... they were always together. i doubt, whoever you are, that you know more about her than her friends do. it seems like you were not her friend at all.

friend

To the haters: Chris brought juliana on the set because Juliana wanted to be there. If any of you who claim to "know" her so well actually did, then you would know because of the situation shes in, its hard for her to want to do anything. Its hard for her to find hapiness. She probably wants to die. He takes her out to resturaunts, movies, peoples houses,etc., because he wants her to feel normal; to find happiness. Whats the difference if 200 people at a resturaunt see her than if millions of people all over the world see her. Shes injured and is disabled. There is no hiding that. Whats the suggestion here, hide her from everyone?! So, if she wanted to go and was excited about it, why would that time be the time he says "no...you can't come with." Hes proud of her. I see it in his eyes when hes talking to me about something she did at tharapy. He tried out only one time before and it was because she wanted him too. Hell! She wanted him to this time! He didn't audition 3 times. He audition 1 time. Chris does not care what people think of him. He has been questioned on why he's still with her from the start; when the doctors were telling him she would never be the same. He told me "They call medicine practice for a reason, those mother****ers don't have it perfect yet." Don't think hes a fool either. He knows people are going to think horrible **** about him for bringing her or telling the world about his story. That people are going to say he did it just to get ahead. But, he also knows that for every one person that thinks hes a ****head for doing it, There will be hundreds if not thousands of people that will pray for her recovery. The more people who know, the more of a possiblity there is of someone out there seeing her and saying "I know a doctor that can help her or a person whose family member went through the same thing and can give some valuble advice." Can you imagine millions of people praying for this girl. Not everyone with a "sob" story gets a record contract. You think the record companies want someone who will offer them no long term monetary profit or gain? I guess you're going to think and say what you want. I know that and he knows that. So, this was not to convince you to stop. It was just information for those who might actually start believing the bull**** you're typing.
To the Lovers: Your positive thoughts and prayer help juliana in her recovery more than you know. I believe this because Chris believes it. I am his friend; close friend, and others like me will confirm this. There is a way about Chris. Its as if he can make things happen just by believing in it. Like if he wants it bad enough, hell get it. The oppuratunity seems to just fall from the sky onto his lap. So, keep believing. Keep praying. And, keep watching cause you might just witness a miracle!

Joe

It's a great story....Too bad she got into that accident driving drunk...

friend

Yeah I have been hearing a bunch of rumors about these guys. I frequent the bar that Juliana worked at. She was so extremely beautiful. I was their the night of her accident. I remember the weather being really bad, like, more than usual. It was pouring. Anyway, it didn't seem like she was drunk. Maybe she had a few drinks. I tried to buy her one but she said no. Although, I do remember the waitresses there passin around shots to each other. In a perfect world I would like to think she didn't drink but as we all know, this is a perfect world and the people in it are equally imperfect. I know she used to share shots with the waitresses. But, yeah, thinking about how beautiful she looked that night and how she was alway happy makes me cringe. One of the rumors I heard said a witness sharing the road with her said she hit a huge puddle of water and spun out of control. Apparently she wasn't speeding or anything. If thats true, then who knows, maybe she would have gotten into that accident regardless of texting or drinking. I also, just being honest here, that if she was drunk driving and that was the reason, it does maybe cheapen the inccident but the tragedy of it and how sad it is, doesn't change in my eyes.

:-)

I didn't know her personally. But, I do know the people that worked with her pretty well and to my understanding, they started the rumors about her getting drunk. One of the bartenders there works with Chris' mother as a paramedic and according to him, she wasn't drunk. It's easy to **** up while driving. If you go to change a radio station, or even look in your rear view mirror, you're running the risk of missing something in front of you. Poor girl. I agree with #105, She was stunning hott. I truly wish her and her family nothing but the best.

Mr.187

Wow the lady is a dumb bitch. I don't know these guys at all but I think its safe to say that "the lady" if she does know this poor girl, that she hates her. I mean, she felt the urge to come on here and gossip about her. My guess is "the lady" is a girl who was jealous of her in someway. Who is a saint and why would calling her one, which no one did, be bad? I'm willing to bet that "the lady" likes the controversy, along with the other morons on here who first thing in the morning come on here and try to stir peoples emotions because their own life isnt worth living.

To that girl, Juliana Ramos, get better! You have a tough boyfriend.

mary

To The Lady, once again,

Yes, you indeed are very jealous of Juli, but I gotta tell ya, you DON'T "know" her. You don't know her well enough to know that she was NOT texting while driving, and just because she works at a bar doesn't mean anything. Her phone was even checked to make sure she wasn't texting. There was horrible rain that night. I remember staying up late to find out if we [Chicago] were going to get the olympics, and there was a bad rain storm. To top it off, Juli's car had tire problems. So, so far you are trying to get everyone to think Chris tried out 3 times, Juli was drunk & she was texting, and she cheated on Chris. No one said she is a saint, but a lot of people were jealous of Juli. Sure, maybe she had a few enemies, who doesn't ? But she has a LOT of friends, but the people that don't like her are jealous immature girls, because they want to be her. I know that sounds dumb, but Juli really is the gorgeous, outgoing girl everyone is saying she is. You seem very jealous of the attention she is getting, and you are a horrible person for writing the things you are. Who cares about what she may have done to Chris long ago ??? She never did cheat on him, but go on and believe that. I have friends that have been together years that cheated on each other but are happy now, and I'm sure YOU do too. So, I suggest you stop being so jealous, and say a prayer for Juli tonight. If not, then shut the piss up.

lucy

No matter what happened in the pre-accident past, I dont know how anyone could possibly bad-mouth someone who has to deal with all that Juli now has to overcome. Can you imagine missing your wedding? Not being able to walk by yourself? Having a hard time talking? Not enjoying the things that you used to because you are not yet independent? Having to move out of the home that you shared with your fiancee? Going from doctor to doctor and hearing negative remarks? Having your lack of capabilities known to all?

Juli will get past this tragedy in one way or another and her family is doing all they can to get her the treatment that she needs. The situation is nothing short of heroic. If you need any clarification, you should read the "For Juliana" page on Facebook. Her parents, Chris, and many friends give their all day in and day out to catch even a quick smile on Juli's face. She might still be years from a full recovery. So if you ever start feeling any hate towards her, just imagine being in her position for a mere 24hrs. Imagine all the assistance you would need and the negative thoughts you may think.

Let us all allow Juli and Chris to enjoy this awesome time on American Idol... I guarantee they would give up American Idol any day to have their past life back. I will be cheering for them all the way and I can't wait for Wednesday's show!

ANnie

I was skeptical about the new panel of judges,UNTIL , I watched two episodes,now I am a fan again! I love the mix and the new judges are fun! It's a more lighthearted show now,and fun to watch again. I love the changes!!

Kim C

Its real sad that there are so many mean things said on here. You people saying the mean and negative things must have a real boring life. I believe in Karma, and what goes around comes around, so you better be prepared, and you deserve the worse. I wish this couple the best, and wish him the best in American Idol.

Juan

I went to high school with Chris and I know he is a very sincere person who has done so very much for Juliana over the years even before they were set to be married.

I dont really care about American Idol but this is a chance of a lifetime that I know Juliana would have wanted. What I plea for is that anyone that can, please donate to the Laurus Foundation to help cover Juliana's medical care.

I am truly honored to be Chris's friend because he helped save me many years ago. Its time I pay him back. Juliana is a rare, beautiful gem and I hope some fans will help her out. This is for her. For Juliana.