Ashley Parker-Angel -- Why I Won't Rejoin O-Town ...

1/19/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ashley Parker-Angel tells us he was "intrigued" at the idea of reuniting with his old boy-band O-Town -- but ultimately decided he couldn't live in the past ... this according to the singer's rep.

0118_ashley_parker_angel_EX_getty3

In a statement to TMZ, Ashley explains, "O-Town was one of the greatest chapters of my life, so when the idea of a reunion was brought to me, of course I was intrigued."

He continues, "However I have made the decision not to be a part of an O-Town reunion. It was a difficult decision, but ultimately necessary to move on with the next chapter of my career."

The rest of the band has already gotten back together -- and is planning an upcoming concert tour sans Parker-Angel.

As for Ashley, dude just finished a stint in "Hairspray" on Broadway and his rep tells us he has a feature film coming out later this year.

0117_otown_footer_v2

cmueller

"I won't rejoin O Town because my hair is so stupid.

Carl

TMZ, is someone on your staff a big O-Town fan? Normally you make fun of washed up bands that were much bigger in their day than these guys were. At best they were a second string (maybe even third string) boy band. Even the big 3 boy bands (New Kids, Backstreet, and N'Sync) are something of a joke which has to make these guys an even bigger joke.

andrea

seriously
who cares about these has-beens anyway. In the first place they were barely "stars" 10 years ago when they were together. second, wow it must be a really slow news day if TMZ is reporting on old boybands

lalaland

Uh, isn't it about time for a new haircut?

Kickster

Dude needs a serious haircut. He looks WAYYYYYYY too old to be sporting the "Justin Beiber" or whatever that hideous mess is on top of his head.

Ozzie X

I didn't know he did the voice of Alex in Lunar: Silver Star Story. That alone makes him aces in my book.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

A feature film that will go straight to dvd and will be in every Walmart for 5.00

CCC

People of earth, please don't bring boy bands back by buying into their "music". They are trying to make a comeback, and need to be squashed like bugs. Their time has passed and no music group should be called a band if none of them play a musical instrument. Long live Rock and Roll!!

Doyers

I love O-Town, BBMak, 3LW, and Dream!!!!

Jeanne

Ikaika.....they need to bring back Ikaika Kahoano who quit to replace Assly Angel.

Hey Now

Somebody likes a flat iron...

niles

Good luck with the next chapter of your career, whoever you are.

angeline

who cares!! he looks like a huge bird anyways can he even sing? i use to love the song liquid dream and the show but Ashley seem to get to full of himself and now look at him he's nothing what the hell does have better to do anyways a breath mint commercial???

Sin D

These are respected talented artists at the prime of their creative artistic life preparing music to be performed that stands up right with Bach and The Beatles. Thats what Kayne and Ke$ha think.

Heather

I also saw him in Hairspray and loved him - loved the Broadway version much more than the movie version. He was fantastic!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments