Regis Philbin -- I'm Retiring from the Talk Show

1/18/2011 11:14 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Regis Philbin says he's finally ready to give up his talk show gig ... after 28 years on the morning shift.

0910_media_removed_Spencer_Pratt
79-year-old Philbin made the announcement this morning on "Live with Regis and Kelly."

Regis said he'll tape his last show towards the end of the summer -- but he didn't give a specific date.

During his announcement, Regis joked, "There is a time that everything must come to an end for certain people on camera, especially certain old people."

0118_regis_through_the_years_footer

ericj

check out this fruity loops beat i made

Marilyn

I liked watching you on your morning show. Have a great retirement. Now who will keep me posted on Notre Dame football.

Rico

Darlene

Just wanna say I love Regis and he should not retire! Too many people retire and get depressed! He should semi-retire and do Live 2 x's a week with vacations in between! I am saddened to hear this news. I think Kelly is nice but this show belongs to Regis and no one can fill his shoes!

Linda

there is more than one channel in this world folks, get the remote!
No Mark, but but AC360... would be great!

Songmartin

Regis me old duck Sorry to hear you go, your unique tone of voice will sure be missed, here's hoping you a Happy retirment all the best for the future. Songmartin
cOM2meino8 + = U

Politico Pablo

He's been around forever. I remember seeing him on an ABC episode of "That Girl" with Marlo Thomas back in the 1960...'s.

Jan

#18 Why do you watch the show?

Cassie

I think John Stamos would be a perfect replacement for Regis

Jessica Caldwell

I love the show and watch it everyday of the week.I certainly will miss Regis and I hope he will enjoy his retirement.Regis made the show for many a year and I am sure Kelly and the crew will miss him also. If it counts for anything, keep Kelly on the show, and hire her husband Mark to take Regis's place! Love Kelly and Mark.

joyce winecoff

wishin g you the best,regis

Mj

this little boy on Youtube Rocks! go an see his dance!!

Lyn

I have loved the Regis & Kelly show for years. It has been very apparent that Regis has been forgetful, I have been worried about Alzheimers where he is concerned. Kelly was an excellent actress on All My Children as was her husband Mark. It is time for Regis to finally enjoy life with Joy, his Daughter's and Grandchildren. I enjoyed all their stories and their banter. I do feel it is time for the Regis & Kelly Show Era to end. Kelly is very versatile in her life and can go on and do almost anything on TV. Those of us who really enjoyed the show have fond memories. The show related to all ages. Even their Christmas Shows with their Children were worth tuning in for. I seriously think it is time to end the show and let us all have the Great Memories that we have.

Zustigusrfaz

It only paralyzes a mans will to succeed when their mommy or daddy bails them out every time. What do you think the men did back then? they made it on their own.

Acai Lipo Review

Melissa

OH NO! Regis this is your show.
I watch to enjoy you and Kelly.
I wish you would change your mind.
It just won't be the same without you.