George Clooney -- I Caught Malaria in Sudan

1/20/2011 4:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

George Clooney had a rough start to 2011 -- the actor says he caught Malaria during a trip to Sudan earlier this month.

George Clooney Malaria

Clooney made the revelation to Piers Morgan ... and has since fully recovered from the mosquito-borne infectious disease.

George tells TMZ, "This illustrates how with proper medication, the most lethal condition in Africa can be reduced to a bad ten days instead of a death sentence."

George Clooney Malaria

Chincho

Yeah! you tell them George Clooney!

Bob

This is a continet that can not even feed itself yet he wants more prople? Without natural selection they will soon outstrip the world's ability (or willingness) to provide for them. Then millions more will die.

zima

stay out of there! duh!!!

Bubbles The Chimp

Clooney is Looney. The guy is still pretending he is straight.

nicenovenxx

Thank you for a common sense story!.
I am a 37 years old doctor, mature and beautiful.and now I am
seeking a good man who can give me real love , so i got a username Andromeda2002 on
-----Rich'Friends.org------ .it is the first and best club for
wealthy people and their admirers. e…you don’t have to be rich ,but you can meet one there ,maybe you wanna check it out or tell your friends !The guy is still pretending he is straight.

gerry

that's what you get for going to the sudan, dumbass

Cheekee

George, why didn't you call me? I would have nursed you back to health :)I give grea tsponge baths!

TXluvsMJ2

Yeah, nothing like good old antibiotics to take care of those STDs, uh, I mean "malaria."

anony

He didn't take the pills before he got there?

ItzAmi

Believe he is in remission .. my late boss had it when he served in Marine Corp at Guadalcanal .. was told he would die . he did NOT . .had bouts of it all his life . died a few years ago (was in/out of hospital many times with it) when he was about 82 .. Drugs are much better today though.

Wishes

George is so old now --- he's a has-been!! Nobody cares about him anymore!!

Raymond Lopez

Dear Mr. Clooney

I am terribly sorry that you picked up a case of malaria during your trip to the Sudan. I don't know if you consulted with a doctor prior to your trip. In my well spent youth I spent a lot of time in jungles and swamps and I learned something from one of my mentors. The insect repellent that the military issues doesn't work too well against mosquitoes. It's really bad when you see 30 or 40 mosquitoes trying to rip off bottles of this military insect repellent so that they can get high from it.

To protect yourself from those sorts of problems take 1000 units of vitamin B. complex orally every day. When you sweat it will secrete a smell on your skin that will keep them away I guarantee you it really works I have been using it for over 45 years.

I also know exactly what malaria feels like it's really unpleasant and I hope you didn't suffer too much. I have found that a little tonic (read Quinine water) each day will make you feel better.

Wishes

Hey George - quit pretending to be a great humanitarian. You are irrelevant nowadays.

shad

You have to get your medicine shots are take pills before you go to a backward country like that.
USA is the best country in the world. Being in Africa myself once I am sooo glad I live in USA. The most free country in the world.....WHY else would the Obamas move themselves and their young kenyan born son Barrack to Hawaii in the 60's???

james