Keith Olbermann --

Fired By MSNBC

1/22/2011 9:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Keith Olbermann was fired by MSNBC sources tell TMZ, and we're told it had everything to do with Comcast's acquisition of NBC.

Keith Olbermann Fired
Sources connected with the network tell us ... Comcast honchos did not like Keith's defiance and the way he played in the sandbox.

Our sources say Keith has around two years left on his contract, and he'll be paid his salary -- around $7 million a year.

We don't know if Comcast will let Keith make a deal with another network as part of an exit agreement, but it's a good bet he'll be benched for a minimum of 6 months, and probably longer.

More Keith Olbermann

Previous 15 Comments | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

Ali Godwin

Oh,forgot,Jim.... the alledged claim was that I did hear Huckabee say that Obama grew up in Kenya, blah, blah, blah. He went on and on saying that because he grew up in Kenya he wasn't like you and me, blah, blah. That one got all kinds of reaction to it. Even some Republicans said he 'misspoke.' Shortly after that, he went on TV and apologized and said he meant another place, which did not even fit with the other stuff he said. What is wrong with these 'birthers?' I heard, yesterday, that 51 percent of Republicans don't think he was born here. They just keep saying that crap until people with no ability to think fall for it. When Fox brought this up a long time ago, Chris Matthews had a copy of his Birth Certificate on his show. This is what I mean, they will say anything to get their audience. Like Ailes said, "I had to dumb down my programming to get the audience I have." Please tell me you think Obama is a citizen.

Jim Henderson

Ali,
I am not part of the birther movement. I have however seen YouTube clips of both Obama and Michelle where they say he was born in Kenya and I have no explanation for that. Bill O'Reilley, who is not a birther, once featured the hospital birth notice from a Hawaiian newspaper on his show. If Hukabee said BO was raised in Kenya is one thing. I don't know that he said he was born and raised in Kenya. Big difference.

As far as taking unfair jabs at BO... Sean Hannity is very partisan, but I think O'Reilly is very fair. The left continually took jabs at Bush, some fair and many unfair. Don't think for a second that I supported everything Bush did. I usually watch O'Reilly but am not a big fan of Hannity. I've watched some of Beck's own show but don't like him as a guest on The Factor because of all the mugging he does to the camera.

We apparently disagree on many issues, but it doesn't mean we should be disagreeable.

Ali Godwin

Jim,
Yes, you are right about your last comment and it seems we have both calmed down a bit. It is good that you pick and choose who you listen to. I cannot take Glenn Beck. I really think he is a little crazy. O'Reilly is a little more reasonable. What Huckabee said was just a way to get the crazies back on board about Obama's citizenship. It's all BS. Politics is BS. They all have to put their electibility before any sane judgements or decisions.

Ron Verce

Olberman's new show features Michael Moore and Richard Lewis.
I guess that's how the 3 stooges were formed.

gerry galla

I am so sick what you media do to good people. Remember judge ye and you will not be judge. I am glad to see so many people that don't have any sins. This must be a perfect world where is god.

Tim

It seems in media that the fist is closing on how many companies own our major news outlets. What is it four or five? To control information is to control the masses. I leave my satellite box on the channel just so he gets the ratings and stays in there.

JIM

It Couldn't have happened to a better person. I wi***** would have happened sooner. Anybody who used his show to campaign for Obama should be fired. What a jerk.

concerned

Truthfully, the only one I can watch on MSNBC is Anderson Cooper. Chris Mathews makes my skin crawl. Everyone but Anderson seems so biased.

Carl Natalina

Never watched MSNBC anyway but I am so glad to get thsi ******* off of sunday nite footbal. I just hope he is gone for ever on the air waves. Dispise that guy. Funny thing is I didn't like him when he was on ESPN. Then we had to endure this guy on Sunday night football. Now I can watch

John Doe

What’s all the fuss about Herman McCain and Libya. First, what WAS the QUESTION. Do you agree or disagree with Obama’s position on Libya? How can anyone answer that question? Obama has NO position on Libya. He won’t call it a war because that would bring accountability to the steps of the Whitehouse. Won’t say it’s not a war since he can’t ignore it. Deniability is the FIRST course of action. So how do you answer a question that has no answer? Another loaded question just like Couric asking Palin what she reads!! Whatever Palin’s response it would have been twisted to a negative. Home and Garden she’s a homemaker not interest in events of the day. Wall Street Journal, she’s only interested in capitalism and Wall Street. Oh, congrats on being fired Keith. You are truly the biggest hack on the planet!

LMAO

I

L. Gilley

Couldn't have happened to a more rotten fellow than Keith Olberman; what a jerk!

Angry Old Man Podcast

He should also been given a dose of clap! Harvey Levin has three testicles!

Previous 15 Comments | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61