« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NHL Star Accused of Punching Woman in Nightclub

1/22/2011 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Toronto Maple Leafs all-star Mike Komisarek is on thin ice with the LAPD -- after the hockey player allegedly punched a woman in the face at an L.A. nightclub earlier this month ... TMZ has learned.

0121_Mike-Komisarek-getty

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the 28-year-old defensive powerhouse was named in a police report filed by a woman who claims the whole thing went down after Komisarek decided to lift her up in the air at a Hollywood nightclub.

We're told the woman claims she demanded Komisarek put her down -- but he refused -- so she slapped him in the face.

The woman claims Komisarek immediately set her down ... and then punched her in the face, causing her to bleed.

The woman claims Komisarek left the club ... so she went to the cops. We're told investigators are hoping to speak with the NHL star as soon as they get the chance.

So far, no comment from Komisarek's camp.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

tuckerlover

Uhm, when the league mentioned the black and blue line. I don't think this is what exactly they meant. And exactly how much alcohol was consumed by these idiots? They should both be charged with mutual stupidity!

Andy

He is not a powerhouse defencemen, He plays on one of the worst teams in the NHL

amanda

was it snooki?

Sam

Umm...10 bucks says She slapped him. He turned her down for sex when she found out who he was, she figured PAY DAY!. Bet he didn't hit her. This chick is lying out her ass

inquisitor

what restaurant/club was it?
What street?

Ewwww

To MERC: The leafs are not last in the league. Get your facts straight before you talk ****, idiot.

And I bet that this whore was wasted and annoying as hell, they didn't want her around, so she became aggressive and slapped him. Then knowing that these guys are professional athletes, she made up some bs story about how he punched her so she can try and get money out of him.

DH

Eric Lindros (one of Kate Hudson's friends) was once accused of elbowing a woman to get more space in a bar near Toronto and then pouring beer and spitting beer on her when she refused to move.After appearing in court he was aquitted of any charges.

ilovekimchi

You guys are seriously considering the crap that's put on this site? Since when did TMZ become a reputable news source? Lastly, only in America will you find people so eager to press charges and sue. I could fart and someone will say that I hit them, if I sneeze someone will allegedly say that I raped them.

Seamus Always

This story is obviously a fabrication. Komi can't hit anyone without dislocating his shoulders.

Bubbles The Chimp

40: I love how you did not respond my assumption. I must have been right, tough guy.

Strat

If you slap me, I'll respond in kind. Thinking otherwise is just plain dumb - I know women would like to think that the current generation of men still cry but we're slowly regaining equality.

She was in a public place and in zero danger. Lifting her up might have been a problem but physical violence wasn't the answer. At least, that's how the law sees it outside of Hollywood.

Leafs Fan

playing it a little fast and loose with the "All-Star"....

cwi2009

what a low-life ***-guzzler...

John

Do the Leafs a favour, lock this moron up

Ron Wilson

This story is factually inaccurate. As Mike's coach, I would know. Mike is no all star and certainly not a defensive powerhouse. I also doubt that he hit anyone. Mike hasn't thrown a decent check in weeks.