« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NHL Star Accused of Punching Woman in Nightclub

1/22/2011 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Toronto Maple Leafs all-star Mike Komisarek is on thin ice with the LAPD -- after the hockey player allegedly punched a woman in the face at an L.A. nightclub earlier this month ... TMZ has learned.

0121_Mike-Komisarek-getty

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the 28-year-old defensive powerhouse was named in a police report filed by a woman who claims the whole thing went down after Komisarek decided to lift her up in the air at a Hollywood nightclub.

We're told the woman claims she demanded Komisarek put her down -- but he refused -- so she slapped him in the face.

The woman claims Komisarek immediately set her down ... and then punched her in the face, causing her to bleed.

The woman claims Komisarek left the club ... so she went to the cops. We're told investigators are hoping to speak with the NHL star as soon as they get the chance.

So far, no comment from Komisarek's camp.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Stan

Shelley…you do realize that we have only heard from ONE of the two parties here?!!!?

Reminds me of the Amber thing on MTV's "Teen Mom". The MTV libs showed the female hitting and screaming at the man all the time and in front of the young child in the uncut videos.

Yet they thought the man was the abuser. Showed PSAs oriented toward helping "other" women victims etc.

Suddenly…after all the uproar…it dawned on MTV and others that it was the man being abused by the female.

To some of us it was quite apparent earlier than that.

I'm sure there is more to what happened in this present TMZ story…but we may or may not ever hear about it.

kris

stan lets say she hit him for no reason, and shes lying about him lifting her up, instead of him punching her in the face back he could of just had her removed from the club or even gotten her arrested for hitting him first. if i ever hit a guy first, he would do more damage to me by pressing charges over hitting me.

Shannon

If you know anything about hockey this guy is the ultimate TOOL. No one who follows hockey will be surprised this guy is a GOON for the Leafs.

Stan

Kris…I just don't know. There is little information here, and only from one of the parties. Who may have an ulterior motive.

If only the many had talked about the matter the views of some here might be different.

I've learned over the years that you need to get many views on these things. Including from the others in that public setting. I find it hard to believe that all of the people there would just kick back and let a man hurt a woman as they suck down there drinks. If the man really was harming her in some way others would have seen this.

But…we have not heard from anyone here except the alleged female "victim". Who might be trying to get publicity, get money, innoculate herself from claims that she assaulted him, etc, etc.

What do you think?

BTW there are pushing on 300 quality studies showing that physical violence between the genders is about 50 / 50. If anything it is slightly more female on male. This is not PC to discuss and is not what is shown on TV, in the movies, in government programs or whatever. But it's what is happening out there.

Ten years ago it was harder to conceive of violent females. Today it is occasionally conceivable. It takes time for folks to realize these things. Remember that there are no programs for men more or less…and when attacked by a female they tend to just take it and tell no one and not call the cops. This depresses police data of course.

Remember that due to VAWA many men get thrown out of their own house if SHE attacks him. It's the first Federal law preferring a race, creed, gender etc and is largely oriented towards PC views. Women will vote for it, men will not complain, as usual. Pity the poor guy who gets falsely accused of DV yet all there was was a verbal argument. Then he has an arrest record for DV (good luck with employment background checks).

Jeepers

I blame hockey and their gladiator-like encouragement of violence. It's probably second nature to a mouth breather like that to just hit whatever makes him mad. He probably has brain damage to his frontal lobe from getting into all those hockey fights.

kris

I know there are women who hit men. but its going to stay hush hush if men dont step up and report it. but if men want to be taken seriously and be looked at as a victim they have to stay a victim. if a woman hits you, walk away then make a police report. because the second a man turns around and fights back with all his strengh he looks like the bad guy because hes larger and stronger.

ak

Mike Komisarek? A star?? when did he become an allstar? ive seen minor leaguers play 10 times better

Daniel Mountain

she hit him, what did she expect. She will think twice before doing that to anyone next time.
Posted at 4:10 AM on Jan 22, 2011 by bob

***

He picked her up without her consent you DUMBASS!

Don

@ Michelle ,

I suppose it's ok that the whore was hanging around a bunch of married men trying to get picked up in the first place ?

Get a grip on reality, If any of this story is true, she's just as much to blame for these events than the accused is.

April

**************************
READ THE STORY
He picked her up--what person has the right to approach a stranger and lift them into the air ? She told him to stop and he wouldnt. A slap is self defense. She should have been carrying mace in her little evening clutch like I do. If some huge man threw me up over shoulders and in the air I would be freaked out. The men agreeing she should be hit are cowards. This is a guy getting body checked by 250 lb men, how much could that slap hurt? She reacted to his behavior. SOme girls are actually prepared to deal with an aggressive man--My dad is a cop, I would have left him bawling and crying in the fetal position after showering him in mace. Girls get a can and carry it EVERYWHEREE
**********************
Yes good advice--Every girl should carry mace. My boyfriend bought be some an insists that I carry it when Im not with him--This hockey thug has no right to put his hands on someone else and hoist them up in the air! WTF? Not every woman in a club is a whore looking to be picked up-LOSERS
I have a bf and go dancing with my girlfriends--Maybe this girl is in a relationship and this random comes up to her and gets all familiar and inappropriate. WHAT RIGHT DOES HE HAVE TO TOUCH HER? PICK HER UP? WHAT THE EFF IS WRONG WITH YOU MORONS?
Its not like she walked up to him out of the clear blue and slapped him. He approached her and got PHYSICAL with her. There are lots of men like this in clubs they will just grab you without your consent---He had it coming---Now If I know someone has already done the wrong thing and touched me and picked me up its safe to assume he has no tact and will cause more wrong-doing-- Now I know why my BF insists that I carry the mace--Ladies, there are a lot of creeps out there (look at all the comments of the creeps overlooking the fact that this ape accosted her) Some guys will never win a fight with an equal so they bully who ever they can--The same types that will kick a defenseless dog. If this guy was so offended why not get security to toss her and press charges--Also if we are talking about eye for an eye a punch is not the same as a slap- He is an animal and should be locked up in a cage.
I would never touch anyone---I guess no one here can imagine what it would feel like to be in a club and have some random guy throw them in the air--Girl was prob in a dress with her ass and panties hanging out-- What girl would enjoy that --even if it was someone she KNEW SHE WAS RIGHT TO RETALIATE--She even asked him to stop first so she WAS trying to end the situation without violence she slapped him as a last resort--Where was security at this club? I think any security staff with a brain should have been there the minute this chick's feet left the floor

April

I disagree totally, it depends on the circustances. I don't know this guys situation with this chick, maybe he shouldn't have pick her up if she didn't want to be picked up for starters, but I once had a woman try to hit me with a glass in a nightclub, missing my face by inches, because I like her friend better than her. As a result, I beat the sh%t out of this craze b5tch and the dum f4ck who came to her rescue. This idiot ended up in the ER, trying to help a chick who actually started the situation.
My, policy is simple, If I don't hit you, don't hit me for any reason, man or woman, I make no distinction. I'm tearing your f4cking head off. A man is not a gentleman by default, he becomes one based off the type of women, ladies, he is dealing with it. And since most women have no clue as to how to conduct themselves like a lady, don't expect us to treat you like a gentleman because you are a woman. You hit a man because your pissed, he should knock you the f4ck out. Next time, you will keep you dam hands to yourself and walk away from a situation you know you won't win.

Posted at 8:56 AM on Jan 22, 2011 by I'dtagthat
*******************************************************

Read what this p*u*s*s*y wrote=

So he was never hit--the glass never made contact---

No one touched him

You are a P*u*s*s*y the same P*u*s*sy who was yelling at a girl for paying $400 bucks for shoes

Im sure the girl you did like was very impressed after you beat the s*h*i(t out of her friend--Women love that!

If she threw a glass and didnt even hit you, what damage did she do to you? You are a P*U*S*S*Y I bet you have a super absorbancy tampon in your vagina as I write this--Scary bastard is right---People like you eventually pick on the wrong one Im sure you will end up spitting up blood one day--Go douche

Habfan

Too bad for Komisarek. He finally wins his first fight and he might end up in jail for it

Sarah

I don't think he did it. He looks like a big tough mother.....; but come on, this dude's into yoga, for crying out loud! I think she's lying to get attention.

Chris

If he grabbed her first and picked her up, that's an assault -- especially if he didn't put her down when she asked. If someone grabs you, you have the right to try to defend yourself. That's not a double standard.

nORRis8

This is the funniest thing I ever heard...."the 28-year-old defensive powerhouse".
Mike Komisarek? A powerhouse? Try Outhouse.