Oprah Winfrey REVEALS Secret -- I Have a Sister!

1/24/2011 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah Winfrey spilled the beans on her big secret today on her show ... she has a long lost sister!

Oprah's Sister
Turns out The Big O has a half-sister named Patricia -- who was put up for adoption at a young age and bounced around foster homes until she was finally adopted at the age of 7. Oprah said her mother Vernita Lee never told her about Patricia.

Oprah, Patricia and her mother were all reunited on the show.

Vernita Lee

0917_oprah_Launch-Footer

sandy

NO ONE CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dee

I agree with number 35. Oprah is the spinmaster of all spinmasters. Can we say shrink needed over here...

Lissa

I'm a Winfrey, humm I guess I may have to do some research and see if we are related. I just don't understand why she seem so oblivious of the situation. Don't seem logical to me.
It's nice she is excepted.

janicebyrne

This is a very private personal matter and is of no interest to anyone else. I thought "the secret" was going to be something waaaaayyyyyyyy more interesting than this.

haha

I felt bad that they kept comparing her to the dead Patricia. I understand that she looks like her and sounds like her and all that, but she's not her. It was almost like they see her as a replacement (and sorry, a better version of her).

It also made me sad when they sat with the mother and she didn't acknowledge or speak like Patricia was sitting right there, then Oprah made excuses for her behavior by saying, "..she feels the guilt and shame..blah blah." The mother didn't even want to meet her in the first place. But I think Patricia kept her dignity about her, she was probably dying inside.

Barbarascy

Well, I am glad that these two will have the chance to get to know each other before its too late. What is becoming increasingly obvious to me is how much of a sleazy woman Oprah's mother was. The fact that Oprah even speaks to her mother is amazing to me. I have had similar situations with both of my parents, one of whom is deceased. The other parent, my mother, I don't deal with at all. All you ever get is lies on top of lies. I have found out I have siblings that I didn't know about and a sister who was not my father's child. Then my parents tried to act like it was the kid's fault. I totally have been in Oprah's place and she gets serious respect from me for continuing to deal with that woman she calls her mother.

cindy

I don't think Oprah really cares about ratings at this point being this is her last season.. besides that her ratings have always been high, come on now.. 25 years on the air!!

cocoapuff

Oprah's sister looks very much like Denise Williams the African American singer, very very much. It is good that Oprah got it all out in the open or a majority of it, still, there is her half-sister's father now for her to meet. Just think, Oprah's sister may of never found out who her family is,so this is truly a blessing. Oprah has done much for others and now she can do for her own half-sister and family too. This is truly a blessing and sharing this with the world is uplifting. Gives so much hope to others who are adopted and in search of their relatives to never give up.

Elaine5715

How could you not want what Oprah has? At least a little bit? Not to mention, the millions Oprah made on this show alone? More importantly, what was with the bad hair? Oprah, do you deliberately make yourself less attractive when visiting family?

Jessi

Did anyone else pick up on Oprah's constant attempts to be recognized for her fame and fortune during the interview? It seemed to me like she kept asking how it changed her life finding out she was related to Oprah, and the niece and nephew. It seemed that her newfound sister was genuinely grateful to have found family, no matter who it is, and Oprah seemed to be fishing for that "Oh my God, my sister (aunt) is Oprah! All my worries are over." Type response. I was a little put off by it.

INDY

WOW!!! STOP BEING A HATER ON THE BIG ""O' SHE DID IT HER WAY, YOU MIGHT NOT LOVE HER, BUT SHE'S BEEN BLESSED BY THE BEST, AND THERE'S NOTHING NO ONE CAN EVER DO ABOUT THAT!!!! INDY

Sharon Isom

I watched the show. Oprah went into detail how Patricia did not try to sell her story to the tabloids. That is what I think touched Oprah the most. As for her family...they are a hot mess. However, what family isn't.
God Bless you Patricia and Oprah.

Nessa

I don't understand what all the "hoorah" is about. People have half sisters and brothers and step sisters and brothers all over the place. Just look at Maury, people trying to find out who the parents are to these kids.

So what? So the mother gave this child up for adoption. It would have been news had Lady O had a baby and never told. What's the big deal here. And why is it such a secret?

kelly

Like OMG WHY DID THEY JUST MEET NOW I WISH THEM ALL THE BEST AND I HOPE OPRAH HAS NO MORE SECRETS SO YYYYYIIIIIIKKKKKEEEEESSSSS :];]

Kirsten

Some of you are beyond ignorant... Wish Oprah and her family all the best. Whatever she chooses to do with her hard earned money is her business, just like what you do with your money is your business.