Oprah Winfrey REVEALS Secret -- I Have a Sister!

1/24/2011 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah Winfrey spilled the beans on her big secret today on her show ... she has a long lost sister!

Oprah's Sister
Turns out The Big O has a half-sister named Patricia -- who was put up for adoption at a young age and bounced around foster homes until she was finally adopted at the age of 7. Oprah said her mother Vernita Lee never told her about Patricia.

Oprah, Patricia and her mother were all reunited on the show.

Vernita Lee

0917_oprah_Launch-Footer

acorn

Next on Oprah: Shocking inside details about my long-held secret: I have three boobs!

I Was About To Say

So what!

I AGREE with #10

(except of course, if I realized I was a relation to a rich celeb)
Woo Hoo

TXluvsMJ2

I wonder how her BFF Gayle is taking the news? Also, why, after all these years, hadn't her mother told her she had a sister somewhere. I could understand if Mom were dead, but nope.

Selebraties Suck

Here's a secret the media won't cover:

500,000 in Washington DC in the annual March for Life.

TXluvsMJ2

Oh well, it could be worse. They could be twins.

debbie

O.k. Oprah if you say she's your long lost sister that you banished from your life!Because she revealed just a little to much information. So be it, my guess is the networks are ready to see you sign off but had to put a carrot in front of you. signed Respectively Bunny!

Carl

Whoop de doo. I have a half brother and half sister I've never met. I'm sure they are perfectly nice people but I couldn't care less if I ever meet them or not.

Helena

I don't understand why if she was afraid of media storm in 2007 when she found out about the sister, that she would choose to bring it to light now? It couldn't be for ratings, because I don't think this will be what people are expecting as a "surprise secret". I think this will create huge backlash for the show. People will gradually stop watching before this show comes to an end.

ts

thank you for telling me ....i really didn't want to watch it today. NOT! thanks a lot

anony

Is she a l_sbian too?

ELISE

Oprah says she found out about her sister last November? Then why are there articles (with true or not true info in them) dating back to 2003, saying that Oprahs half sister Patricia died of an overdose?

Snow White

This only goes to show Oprah runs the show - the world and the universe. Everyone stops and listens and gasps of what in the world could be so important. Meanwhile, they are children starving with no food every minute of the day right before Oprah big face.

ray

I have a sister also.

Lynda

Why do so many people feel they have to make rude, uncalled for comments about anyone famous. Stop and think about how you would feel if people said these things about you, or someone you care about.

Grow up.

My two cents ;)

I am really impressed with her sister. She seems like a really good lady for rising from a sad situation. I hope Oprah stays close to her