Charlie Sheen

Checks into Rehab

1/28/2011 7:54 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen voluntarily checked himself in to an undisclosed rehab facility earlier today ... and his show "Two and a Half Men" has been placed on indefinite "hiatus" while he undergoes treatment.

0111-charlie-sheen-bn-4-credit
"Two and a Half Men" producers released a statement saying, "Due to Charlie Sheen’s decision to enter a rehabilitation center, CBS, Warner Bros. Television and executive producer Chuck Lorre are placing “Two and a Half Men” on production hiatus."

The statement continues, "We are profoundly concerned for his health and well-being, and support his decision."

Sheen's publicist tells us, "He is most grateful to all who have expressed their concern."

As TMZ previously reported, Sheen had a briefcase of cocaine delivered to his mansion during a 36-hour bender earlier this week ... and was hospitalized early Thursday morning for a hiatal hernia.

BDK

I know rehab is hard to experience, but he will come out of it knowing he's wasted over 10 years on a show that's not funny to anyone I know.

The actors that have experience rock bottom are the one that get Golden Globes - Johnny Depp, Jeff Bridges, Drew Barrymore, etc.

cdnbgirl

Voluntary,?! yeah right, I bet it was the network thinking that their investment was about to self-destruct....he'll be back to his usual self after leaving rehab in two weeks....

nora

It is about time that CBS did something to stop this soon to be tragic situation - - which is played out on their sitcom. I've stopped watching & supporting their sponsors months ago - -Sheen needs help --best way to do it --hit the dollars to both CBS & Sheen.

jay

white trash

jetfanglo

godspeed,charlie.....why are they putting the show on "hiatus"?..why put all the people out of work?..mr.lorre why don't you go on with the show wihout charlie...put him in rehab...go on with the show,with the fan base you will be sending out a life lesson,don't you think?....i think it will fly without him....the writing is fantastic.....and then when he "gets clean" you will have a bargaining chip to keep him on the straight and narrow...i think he needs this...without it he is gonna be another anna nicole.....he cannot stay straight ,i feel without it,to be in the same world (so to speak)and expect to be "cured" is futile....he needs a kick in the a$$...that is how he can "straighten up"......bottom line...charlie was playing charlie...so continue it...

carlotta

Why isn't this man in jail? THAT's where his sorry azz belongs.

ohreally

what a ****ing sociopath

carlotta

C - Cartel's
B - Best
S - Supporter

Shame on you, CBS. You've enabled this fiasco for years and silently condoned his behavior. I have as little respect for your station as Sheen has for women. Your hiatus will probably be a long one. Your 'star' is never going to change his ways. He'll be another member of the stupid club. (Celebrities who indulge themselves to death.)

weird al yankovich

hey charlie don't listen to these fools, You keep partying like a rock start son, Life sucks and this world sucks , might as well go out partying.. You gonna sober up and your fans don't like you sober they only act like it for now. Wait till you get sober and you'll see that fools will lose interest. Unfortunately that's this terrible world we live in which I actually think is hell. Might as well go all out fam ... I wish I was in that house with you lol. I want to party till I die too :) Oh sh-t wait you got kids my bad maybe you should chill ? I think I got my own issues I gotza to go !

Where's KOOKY?

Well, well, well...Charlie Sheen finally mans up! Glad to hear that...just too bad that so many co-workers will have to suffer financially because of his ongoing stupidity. Perhaps he could reimburse them out of his own pocket now that they don't have regular paychecks while he cleans up his act. Have never understood the popularity of this loser. Can't act whatsoever...always looks like he's pissed off with that stupid scowl on his face. And the fact that he makes $2 mil an episode for his crappy show is simply mind-boggling. It airs where we live right before Letterman, and I don't switch over to the "Late Show" until the last possible second so I don't have to watch a minute of that stupidly un-funny show.

Grow up, Charlie. You have four young kids who are waiting to have a real father at some point!

Alta & Tyler

We have followed Two&1/2 Men for years !!! We think Charley Sheen is one of the funniest comedians ever. We are proud of his decision to go into re-hab. Having family who have done the same and came out different people, we know first hand the commitment it takes. We support you Charley !!!

getta grip

Hire a replacement and keep the show on the air, Charlie Sheen is done!!!

Itoldu

I'm sure,given his history, rehab is mandatory, by the people who underwrote his "show up for work" insurance policy.
I'm sure it's ALL been spelled out in his multi-million dollar contract.
This way other employees on the show are probably still getting paid.

kim

really still sticking to the hiatal hernia story?

Tommy

Hey???? What am I suppose to do with this briefcase full of coke???? Anybody want to party???