MJ Producer Dropped From Wrongful Death Suit

2/1/2011 3:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's producer of the "This Is It" tour just got a break in the wrongful death lawsuit filed by Katherine Jackson -- he's been dropped as a defendant ... TMZ has learned.

Michael Jackson Wrongful Death Suit
Kenny Ortega was sued by Katherine, who claimed he was part of AEG's alleged plan to give Michael anything he needed in order for him to perform.

Katherine's lawyer, Kevin Boyle, tells TMZ, "Based on recently discovered information, the Jackson family has determined that Mr. Ortega should not be a defendant," adding, "The Jackson Family apologizes for any discomfort or inconvenience this may have caused Mr. Ortega."

It's always a discomfort to be sued for wrongful death.

1108_remembering_michael_jackson_footer

LC4Michael

Posted at 1:23 PM on Feb 1, 2011 by duilama

Why are you taking posts from other boards and putting them on new ones? Come on. I know you are better than that. There is so much ugliness in the world already, don't add to it.

moni

I take the content of "This is It" with a grain of salt. Any novice can see that this movie was edited very carefully to present Michael's health in the best light. Sometimes surface appearance does not reflect the whole truth. And of course Kenny was producer on the film.

Posted at 1:44 PM on Feb 1, 2011 by Cathy
-----------

I feel somehow torn between two feelings when it comes to TII. On the one hand I don't deny that there were absolute professionals at work, very intent on polishing the surface, as you say.
On the other hand I loved each positive remark about the film, each voice saying "wow, have you seen Michael Jackson in that movie, he really still had it" and each viewer admitting that he saw Michael in a surprisingly better light now.

It is NOT right, I know – but damn, I want the public to think positively about Michael. That's why I like it more that his legacy is preserved by a maybe "polished" movie than to see it dominated and damaged by neverending reports about his last years as a "drug addict". As long as I personally don't lose sight of what has (maybe) really happened I'm fine with it.

Chic

Kenny asked Michael did he really want to do any more concert
tours when Michael asked him to come on board. He is a true
friend of Michael's.

MJ is the Greatest of all

I LOVE YOU MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE THE MOST COOL AND GREATEST PERSON TO EVER WALK THIS PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR LEGACY WILL FOREVER SHINE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ms. Tee

Sooooo true googie!!! I keep wondering why anyone hasn't called them to the carpet for this! He was a drug addict who needed help. You can't make him stop, but they could have taken measures to save him from himself. UNLESS of course it might interfere with the money flow....hummmmm...sad and disgusting behavior this family has!

jc

Love the picture of Michael

moni

But I didn't like the way he went on TV after Michael died and claimed how great Michael looked, how much energy he had, how terrific things were, etc. I just don't believe that is true, and I think Kenny knew better even whilst he was saying these things.

Posted at 2:11 PM on Feb 1, 2011 by Cathy
---------

Do you remember "Comical Ali" (or "Baghdad Bob"), Saddams Minister for Propaganda, who still spun his tales about having defeated the US troops humiliatingly when their tanks were already to be seen in the streets of Baghdad? Some media here compared Kenny to that guy when he promoted TII. Not because of any cruelness or evilness, heaven forbid. But because of his enthusiasm to assert that everything was so wonderful, so perfect – while everybody could clearly see that it was not.

I wished so much for Michael that it had been...

moni

What a Beautiful Photo from Michael !!!Wie schön ich liebe es.

Posted at 1:53 PM on Feb 1, 2011 by Eleonora49
--------------

Du hast Recht. Richtig schön. Was nicht zu häufig vorkommt hier ;-)

rachel

@moni and cathy

there are devout fans, supposedly on Michael's inner-circle, who adamantly express how unwell Michael was during TII and that Kenny would quite literally spoon feed Michael because he appeared to be so frail and unwell. Somehow this has been distorted into their believing his guilt in the matter. I still have seen little evidence of Kenny being in any position to alter consequences that had already been set in motion.

Couldn't it be said, considering Kenny was not the producer of the Tour, that he was not in any position to cancel the tour and perhaps out of his own concern, knowing from past experience that Michael has issues with anxiety and insomnia, etc that... he maybe felt the best he could do was be certain Michael was fed? When did feeding someone who's so fraught with pain (emotional or otherwise) become evidence of not caring or pretending not to see?

I'm not trying to say I know the truth, I just never had reason to include Kenny with Randy Phillips and the like. Who are the witnesses and to what? To Kenny feeding Michael? That's not an act of malice, that's more than anyone else (involved with the tour) did, right?

MJ is the Greatest of all

HOW DARE YOU CALL KATHERINE SUCH A BAD NAME "FFFFFF""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE BROUGHT THE MOST GIFTED MAN INTO THIS WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEAVER MJ'S MOM ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moni

Hi Rachel,

you're talking about the TINI group of fans, right? I've always hoped that they were not right about Michael being so skeletally thin, and I'm still not completely sure that they are.

You wrote a very sensitive post about Kenny Ortega. I feel quite similar. No, he can't have been so blind not to see that Michael had problems and not to suppose that these problems had to do with panic attacks, insomnia and meds. But I don't believe that he had the slightest idea of the Propofol infusions at night. I really think that he wanted TII to be a success, not only for him and for AEG, but also for Michael. When the dream was over, he built up an illusion – at least most likely. But maybe this illusion has been the last labor of love he could do for his artist.

MJ is the Greatest of all

COOL PHOTO OF MJ in 1988 WITH A CIGARETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MJ BACKSTAGE WITH Cigarette Bad TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andrea

Kenny Ortega Loved MJ. it was ssoooo obvious. In this is it, he told them to have a flashlight ready at the side door after thriller so he wouldn't get hurt, and made him hold on to the side of the cherry picker, etc. They had a mutual admiration society. HE WOULD NOT HURT A HAIR ON MJS HEAD!!!!!The Jacksons, aka Katherine should pay ALL KENNY'S LEGAL FEES AND GIVE HIM A WRITTEN APOLOGY!!!!
RIP MICHAEL.WE LOVE AND MISS YOU!!!!!!!

rachel

Yes, moni. I agree with you. The TINI kids (though I'm certain they're all adults) believe his illusions after Michael's death only contribute to his being guilty or involved or whatever. No doubt the propofol was a huge secret, it was obviously kept for decades. So, I just cannot see Kenny being aware of something of that nature and turning a blind eye. My perspective on Kenny's enthusiasm was that of denial. He was part of Michael's tours from the Dangerous on and TII topped HIStory, topped Dangerous and obviously those before. With TII Kenny and Michael were outdoing their bests so a lot of things died besides a body... More things figuratively and deeply rooted in those left behind. I felt sorry for Kenny following June 25. It was evident he did not want to speak in past tense about Michael.

I started a blog after it all, but haven't said much since the new year. 625am.blogspot.com