Lindsay Internet Picture Triggered Search Warrant

2/2/2011 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A photo on the Internet triggered the search warrant that targeted  Lindsay Lohan ... TMZ has learned.

0202_lilo_necklace_EX_x17online

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the owner of the jewelry store who filed the complaint against Lindsay saw an Internet photo of Lindsay wearing what the owner claims is a "one-of-a-kind necklace."   We have confirmed the photo (above) shows Lindsay wearing the necklace in question.

The store owner went to cops with the photo and the surveillance video -- shot January 22 --  which we've learned shows Lindsay wearing the necklace in the store.

The store owner told cops Lindsay frequented her store.

Icey

I wish TMZ wouldn't do close ups of her. Eeeewwwww

My two cents ;)

well shoot I went to the store and put on a necklace and left but the cop was mad when he nabbed me but he let me go when I said I was just borrowing it...see easy peasey! Lindsay u are such a contorted little witch who does not deserve another freaking chance.

Peoplearejustdumb

exclusive_photo_lindsay_lohans_stolen_neckla.php

CelebJustice

lol... junkie thief.

some things dont change, crackwhore breaks the law and then is shocked when shes accused.
oh well, not like the law is going to do anything about it.

ssdd

Inouno Nyx

I think the stolen necklace is the choker, not the long eyesore!

Bruno

THAT necklace is 2500? I would say that someone overvalues their merchandise a tad.

AM

TMZ is so getting on my nerves. There's the stupid Halle Berry story from this morning. Now they can't even get the right photo of the necklace. Credibility is important.

Peter Sc

My 11 year old daughter bought a piece similar down at the supermarket for just 99 cents. I didn't know that it would cost so much over in the states.

Gregg

Anyone NOT believe you stole it now?!!!?!?!?!?? there is a PICTURE of her wearing the necklace AND a video tape from security AND her assistant took it back the store!!!!!

Areader

As much as the haters want to jump on the "Lindsay stole it" bandwagon...this clearly a case of misunderstanding. What employee handed the necklace to Lindsay? How would Lindsay have gotten out of the store without the alarms going off?

There's a lot more to this story and I'm sure when the whole story comes out it prove Lindsay didn't steal the necklace.

dimes

2008: Owner sues Lohan to recover fur coat stolen from 1Oak.

2009: $50,000 in jewelry goes missing after Lohan Elle photo shoot.

2010: $35,000 Rolex watch goes missing at Lohan's home.

2011: $2500 necklace stolen from jewelry store shows up on Lohan's neck.

I'm sensing a theme here.

Amy

Yes. This is all just a big misunderstanding...none of us understand how this junky keeps getting away with breaking the law. Oh...wait...I know...maybe it's because of people like you who keep helping her lie in order to save herself from jail?

kathe593

Photo shop, please! Leave this poor, sick girl alone.

LA me

It is not the larger necklace that she's wearing...It's the smaller delicate necklace higher up on her neck!! Look at the second picture close up!!

Superman

That necklace looks rather petit to cost $2,500. I wouldn't buy it! It would be broken within a week.