Oksana Grigorieva Secretly Met With Sheriff

2/4/2011 10:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva secretly met with L.A. County Sheriff's investigators last week, who grilled her about allegations that she tried to extort millions of dollars from Mel Gibson ... TMZ has learned.

0126_oksana_EX_TMZ_01

Sources tell us ... Oksana met the two investigators on January 26, and the investigators fired off a barrage of questions for an hour-and-a-half.

We're told the investigators were particularly interested in why Oksana decided to hire a civil lawyer rather than a family law attorney when she tried negotiating a settlement with Mel.  The upshot -- the investigators want to know if Oksana was gunning for a payout in return for keeping the explosive tapes secret.

As TMZ first reported ... the L.A. County Sheriff's Department will turn the extortion case over to the L.A. County District Attorney next week.  The D.A. is expected to make a fairly quick decision on whether to charge Oksana with extortion.  The D.A. will also decide whether to charge Mel with domestic violence.

M. Gabriel

Hi Antbabs! ... your "take" sounds right!

Curious

Phone call from Ox to MG when "The Beaver" is finalized and MG begins promotion and premieres.
Ox: "hey King...I know we fighting right now, but can I go with you on red carpet?"
"hello? Hello? Meel, are yew there? Hello?"

Posted at 5:48 PM on Feb 13, 2011 by twilightmom

------------------------------------
LOL!
Hiya Twimom!

Midwesterner

I still want to know if Mel could somehow own the copyright to the tapes under this provision of the cohabitation agreement:

"In the event of any unauthorized publication of confidential material, the injured party shall automatically own the copyright of such publication" (from page 18, section 34, par. E).

Anybody want to try to get Harvey to take this up next Lawyer Friday?

antbabs

Did anyone keep a copy of the declaration from Mel's agent/publist/friend (cannot remember his name) who had layed out a good timeline about Ox begging to go on the January tour and to hopefully "rev" up her career as well. It had a lot of revealing stuff in it but I wouldn't even know where to look.

emerald

The placenta bit is hooey. Mr. Mel didn't own that house when his older kids were born, so how could there be placentas of those kids planted there?

In retelling of the story later, Miss Oksana drops the placenta bit and goes on about Mr. Mel going into a jealous rage because she smiled too much at the gardner.

Trying to unravel Miss Oksana's various lines of ka-ka is not conducive to serenity.

Posted at 5:17 PM on Feb 13, 2011 by Curious

Curious lol! I'd forgotten about the placenta burying ceremony as such until there was an ad for a tv do***entary type program in which the parents have it seems kept the placenta frozen until the child was old enough to enjoy the ceremony with them lol! I couldn't believe it, mum was asking dad to defrost the placenta so they could go bury it with a plant/tree or something in pot lol!! It was listed as some of these new age ceremonies lol!! Either that or the whole thing is a spoof ad, but yuk did they have to show the defrosted placenta in the ad lol!!

emerald

"hello? Hello? Meel, are yew there? Hello?"

Posted at 5:48 PM on Feb 13, 2011 by twilightmom

Hiya twilightmom Roflmao!!

Curious

Why would Mr. Mel be ranting about bad publicity on the night of 2-18? Wouldn't that be more likely to occur after he knew of the tapes' existence?

I gotta stop, I'm starting to yell at the screen.

shirleyholmes

Posted at 6:07 PM on Feb 13, 2011 by antbabs

----------------------

paragraph 10 + 11 = January 2010

gibbs

Alan Nierob,

shirleyholmes

Alan Nierob,

Posted at 6:16 PM on Feb 13, 2011 by Jayne

----------------------

Paragraph 13

"On or around the beginning of January ............etc"

emerald

shirleyholmes Well done for the link I just went looking myself, glad you found it lol!!

shirleyholmes

Posted at 6:22 PM on Feb 13, 2011 by emerald

--------------

Your welcome

Curious

emerald -
Hiya :)
Tree planting I can see. But the placenta? Nope. Especially not after she tried to claim that all his other kids had placentas buried at the house. The placenta thing got dropped real quick in subsequent stories.

antbabs -
LOL, the ladies beat me to it, but I can give you a quasi-timeline -

1-17 - Golden Globes award
1-26 - premiere EOD, MG made audience stay to hear her song during credits
1-27 - Jimmy Kimmel taping
1-30 - European promotional tour - OG insisted on going

2-1 - EOD promotion in Spain http://www.accesshollywood.com/oksana-grigorieva
2-3 - Paris
2-5 -return from Europe

Mr. Alan goes on to say Miss Oksana had asked her publicist, Ms. O'Connor, to arrange news conferences in Moscow, but it couldn't be arranged due to lack of interest. Miss Oksana did manage to arrange two press/news interviews. 4-19 when she announced the break-up and 4-26 when she gave an interview about the very small benefit concert she gave 4-20.

shirleyholmes

Your welcome

Posted at 6:24 PM on Feb 13, 2011 by shirleyholmes

---

sorry, I meant: you are welcome

(Right, back to bed, I am having a bad cold and can not sleep

because of it)

Curious

My dear Holmes -
Hot toddy! Have two. Won't make ya better, but will make you not mind being sick. =D

Get better quick!

Previous 15 Comments | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments