Lindsay's Lawyer Has Chitchat With Prosecutors

2/7/2011 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Shawn Chapman Holley just made her pitch to the L.A. County District Attorney's Office as to why Lindsay Lohan should not be prosecuted for allegedly stealing a necklace from an L.A. jewelry store ... sources tell TMZ.

We're told Holley met with prosecutors Danette Meyers and John Lynch.  As TMZ first reported, Lindsay will be charged with felony grand theft.

On her way into the meeting, Holley was coy.

marc

the lawyer is not good...

learnmachine

I also learned that Jessica Alba will only have one minute dialog. So I guess that means that she'll be killed in the opening scene.

Posted at 12:52 PM on Feb 7, 2011 by learnmachine

Um, did he show it to "big heads" before or after Lindsay shoplifted?

Posted at 1:02 PM on Feb 7, 2011 by themare

Who gives a shiz if it was before or after? My friend you don't know Hollywood. If it was decided like that, than Jennifer Aniston wouldn't make new romantic comedies every year, but worked at Wallmart.

John

"Nicole" is one of the aliases the Lohan's use in here.

Manimal

Why can't we have caning as punishmeny in the US? I would PAY to see Hohan caned!

6one9

The day isn't over ``` yet````` LiLo lovers!! I hope they `` throw the book at her.

jeff

#8- they don't need her lawyers permission to file charges. If its obvious they would find her and arrest her.

lou

Go Shawn!!! Lindsay has far too much money and dica status to get charged for this false accusation. There is no reason she should have to be in the same building as dirty black and mexican people. Lindsay, we believe in you! You have never done anything wrong!! Muah!

Posted at 12:09 PM on Feb 7, 2011 by susan
---

WTF, did I really just read what I thought I read?

Susan, I will LMAO!!! when all of those "dirty black and Mexican
people" walk out scott free and wave goodbye at LL as she is charged with a grand thef FELONY.

themare

#98 learnmachine

Yeah, I DO know Hollywood, and "sources" say that Lindsay is kaput in Hollywood. That clicking you hear all around the studios are the sounds of phones being hung up on Dina. Quentin may have big ideas, but unless he is personally going to finance Lindsay in a movie, the film will not star Lohan. She is uninsurable, unbankable, unlikeable and unhireable.

Delmar

@roo the thing is, the public doesn't know what the family is trying to do behind the scenes. Lindsay is an adult, and if the family knows she has some sort of mental condition, they may have tried to get her into several places or to see people and she refused. I think questioning her mental status is legit, I'm tired of the she's an addict mantra, it doesn't add up. I stated on this forum before, don't expect her to get sober and then her behavior will suddenly become normal. I don't understand the reluctance of the public to consider mental illness with Lindsay. It doesn't have to be as dramatic or drastic as what happened with Britney. If you look at Lindsay over the years she displays like someone with possible mental issues. Some other aspects to her behavior can fit under categories of clinical depression and or personality disorder. The fact that two court-appointed psychiatrists back in July of 2010 recommended she go to UCLA, a DUAL-DIAGNOSIS psych center should have clued people in that there's possibly more going on with Lindsay than substance addiction.

Paul

@78

Yes she does need help.I know those defending her,and those telling her is how life works posting at TMZ is not the solution to Lindsay's problems.

I think a good deal of how Lindsay learned this behavior is those who enable her.Her parents most importantly.

Those defending her should be apologizing for her behavior,not here slandering the jewelry store,and blaming others,and in some cases they just down right ignore the crazy things Lindsay has done,like it's acceptable behavior.

I honestly think those that bash her here at TMZ actually don NOT hate her.I think the most part of it,is they look at all of this like.."What if it was me who got pulled over drunk driving with cokecaine?".."What would happen the second time if I did that?"..."What would have happened to me if I didn't finish my classes?"..What would have happened to me,if it was I who stole that necklace" etc..etc...I'm sorry to say,but Lindsay's behavior sure does draw attention to herself.

It's not normal in the sense that she denies everything.It starts right from the arresting officers,and then her parents join in on the twisting of the truth.

Can you imagine if we all had parents like the Lohan's?..We'd have the same exact behavior as Lindsay does.

Lindsay is smart enough,and old enough,and can learn that the people in her life have been "enablers"..It's like Lindsay can do wrong,and if she's caught it's the person's fault who points it out.

As I mentioned earlier,I feel what's worse than this theft of the necklace,is the slander this family is putting out here at TMZ today.

Blaming everyone,and blaming the jewelry store with the worst of slander.

From making an issue about the actual cost of the necklace,to Lindsay don't need to steal a necklace,to it's the jewlers,and fisrt started with her hair stylist...The excuses keep comming.

To support Lindsay's behavior,and ignore the reality of this theft charge...goes to show that people like Nicole,and many others here really don't care about the well being of Lindsay.They only care about her career.

That's pretty sad,because there is a real person inside Lindsay dying to come out,and her innerself won't be ably to come out until you people actually start helping this girl,and not enabling,or encouring this type of behavier that's she's been showing for some time now.Since 2007 actually.

Those that bash her here really have no effect on her life.

All she has to do is take some time off..and get away from this lifestyle for awhile.

Surround herself with people that tell her like it is,not cover for her when she falls.Teach her how to stand back up again.Get her to realize she is very talented.

I honestly don't think she has that serious of a drug problem that she can't kick...I think she could also drink responsibly,and I don't think she's an alcoholic.

I think she has some serious issues,and for all of you that post here supporting her behavior and deny any wrong doing from this young woman..are a big part of Lindsay's problem.

Think about that Nicole.

Joe Dabb Babbalucci

LiLo's only jewelry should be handcuffs. She needs jail time. She deserves it. Let her think about her transgressions. Perhaps she'll learn not to make them? Just a matter of time before she's toe-tagged. Can't wait!

sst0026@yahoo.com

As other comments stated, Loony's lawyer started meeting with D.A. today. She still can be charged with a crime. Law Enforcement needs to stop this tactic of treating famous people...they should treat them as they would treat other criminals.

kb

The jewelry store did this for publicity, why would any customer be allowed to try on this necklace and then leave with it on, it is the Salesman's fault who gave it to her and did not supervise!

dawn

i am not a fan of hers but i smell something. these people obviously knew she had that necklace. so why now, cry wolf?

Bruno

Posted at 1:11 PM on Feb 7, 2011 by learnmachine
-------------------------------------------------------------

The difference between Lohan and Aniston is that producers and the insurance companies don't have to worry that Aniston is going to go on a bender or end up in jail before their projects are complete.