Jewelry Shop Owners 'Sad' About Lohan Prosecution

2/9/2011 4:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The jewelry store owners who blew the whistle on Lindsay Lohan now say they feel bad Lindsay has been charged with a crime for which she could go to prison.

Kamofie & Company

Geoff Kaman, owner of Kamofie & Company -- the jewelry store where Lindsay allegedly pilfered the $2,500 necklace -- tells TMZ he and his wife "are extremely sad on how all of this has turned out."

Nonetheless, Geoff and his wife have cooperated with authorities, which led to the criminal case.

whatever

So the store that I have never heard of is now in the news, and on TMZ all day everyday. I'm sure they are very sorry!

Sherms

I'm sure they DO feel badly now. I'm sure this will mean no more business for them!!

Will she ever smarten up and realize she is not invincible?

michele

why do they feel bad? because she's lindsay lohan? or because they know you can get the exact same necklace at walmart for fourteen dollars.

Ray

maybe sad that they lost a sale but should be happy they got the goods returned.

Pius

They mean "delighted".

Cynthian

Sorry - they were the ones that brought this to the attention of the cops. They were the ones that made a big deal out of the theft. They got their 15 minutes of fame. Now all of a sudden they are sorry? I say BULLS**T

jim

TMZ is sure liking this!! Lindsey, you are a fool and really a sad case.

I honestly hope you go to jail. You, Charlie and all the other "special people" need to see what us "regular folk" have to go through. You money protects you.

Be sure to lick nice in your cell. Seems that and stealing are your only true talents anyway.

Tammy

It IS a sad situaion that her life reached this point, but it's HER doing.

R

Even though I think LaLohan and her mother and father are evil psychos (redundant? So what!) I would not shop in this store after this attempt - in my opinion - by the owners to get publicity and revenge (for what hasn't been proven) by going after Lindsay.

shelby

don't feel so bad for lindsay
this is just another chapter in her so-called life
prison won't come from this
she get's another headline, you get a little publicity
tmz get's another hit
i get another lohan story shoved down my throat
it all work's itself out in the long run

themare

Dear Mr. Kaman,

You have nothing to feel bad about. You did the right thing. Maybe if her parents taught her some morals when she was young, this would never have happened.I'm glad it finally took someone who wasn't intimidated by the Lohan's bullying tactics to put a stop to all of the stealing.

Home Skillet

I'll paraphrase what I think the owner really meant: "I'm sorry for the way that this has turned out, but bitch had better thank her lucky stars that **** didn't go down in Iran because they'll kill a muther****er over there." Or, something like that.

missbella

This girl wreaks havoc everywhere she goes! They are sorry that they had to be the ones to bring her down but it had to somebody eventually.

Manimal

They didn't say "sorry"...they're just sad.

flora68

Yeah, it's sad. But getting ripped off feels worse, doesn't it?