Pete Wentz: Ashlee and I Just Grew Apart

2/9/2011 3:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with Pete Wentz tell TMZ ... Ashlee Simpson's claim that Pete was just too erratic is BS -- and they simply grew apart.

Pete Wentz

We're told Pete agrees with Ashlee -- no third parties were involved.  According to one connected source, "After Bronx was born Ashlee made a conscious decision to get out of the business, but Pete's heart was in music so he kept touring and that became a big issue in their relationship."

A conflict has already emerged, because sources tell TMZ Pete wants joint legal and physical custody of Bronx.  In Ashlee's divorce papers, she's asking for primary physical custody.

0709_split_footer

Angel

6one9/ #1 comment

pretty much sums it up perfectly for me:)

niles

I think they both just woke up one day and took a good look at each other. Neither is a prize, for sure.

Tammy

Oh yes, the story of a chick.

Marry a musician and then expect him to somehow change his DNA to suit what's best for her.

I'm not gay, but seriously with the idiot females out there, it's no wonder I haven't changed teams yet.

Posted at 10:44 AM on Feb 9, 2011 by Davey Boy

I'm in the same boat with you in regards to the idiot men out there.

Posted at 10:46 AM on Feb 9, 2011 by Tammy
_______________________________________________________

What are you doing this weekend? Wanna see a movie? Oh sorry, the next Twilight movie isn't scheduled until next year. You're going to have to hold off on your so-called life until then.

Posted at 10:49 AM on Feb 9, 2011 by Davey Boy

This response was very mean and completely uncalled for.

Laker

"Ashlee made a conscious decision to get out of the business"...that's because she knew she was a talentless hack

wil

WAIT! LET ME GET THIS CORRECT.....SHE SAY HER ROCK-STAR HUSBAND HAS ERATIC BEHAVIOR. DUH! THINK IT'S PART OF BEING A ROCK-STAR!

Joe

I talked to the dude and he told me that he wanted the divorce because he realized he was married to Ashlee Simpson.

kickaboo

This guy does seem like a good daddy from the pics that we have seen, he is carrying the child and tending to him more then mom does...let's hope we don't have another Halle/Kate G/Oksana lie fest starting up bashing the father. Divorce/split-ups is very hard, but mothers and fathers tend to forget the most important victims, the children. Stop using and exploiting the children for attention, money, power and revenge. Women as of late, have been making it hard(for all women) by lies, drama, PR schemes. They do a dis-service to children, fathers, mothers and the courts everywhere.

anony

They both didn't choose "to get out of the business" -- THEY BOTH HAVE NO TALENT.
This is like two lower-middle class types--say a busboy and a cashier--divorcing.

JoyceS

I thought Pete and Ashlee made a great couple. I never saw a picture of them when they weren't smiling.
God forbid, Ashlee, that Pete has to go on tour to make a living for his family. She's more childish than I thought.

SuzyCreamCheese

Bhahahaha quit the business lololol. There was never a huge call for crappy lip syncers. Both Simpson spawn were in such a hurry to shake loose of their Dad, the youngest would marry a gay guy! Jew Fro to boot. Ass want's herself a football player too.

Amy

The time has finally come for me and Pete to be together. Ashlee could never measure up to me. We are in love.

JJ

BOO HOO for the rich Jerk Offs.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Grew apart?!? How many MONTHS were they married? All these vapid, twenty-something creampuffs get married & play house, then they think they're grown up & mature just because they share houses & bank accounts? After that, they brag about having made it THAT FAR! Wow! One whole year honey! Ten whole years honey! Twenty whole years honey! That's a record in our industry, isn't it? I'm so proud of us for having brought the sacred bond of marriage that far. Idiots.

TheUltraworld

And these two dopes had to reproduce.

Fallange

Pete is no cheater. He is not "erratic." He has bipolar disorder. He is one of the most talented bass players and songwriters out there. If anyone is at fault, it's his stupid bitch of a wife. Her nose and chin are fake. So are her career and personality. I feel sorry for Bronx. He should get to live with his grandparents instead of his lousy excuse for a mother.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments