Pharrell

Nazi Goosestepping During Live Concert

2/16/2011 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

N.E.R.D. frontman Pharrell Williams broke into a full-on goosestepping Nazi salute during a concert in Vegas this week ... and TMZ has obtained the footage.

021511_pharrell_video3
Pharrell's people say to us, "You can't see it because his hand isn't in the picture, but Pharrell is throwing up the Star Trek sign, which is also the sign for his record label, Star Trak. To suggest that he is doing anything else is wrong and downright silly."

So we ask ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

JLS

Wow, this is really having a wild imagination, TMZ.

Sophie

If he was white, people would be furious.

Christy

Wow! I am at a loss for words on this one. Stupid and amusing all at the same time. Guess I don't see the point.

Dana

I think that they are telling the truth, especially after seeing the hand of the guy standing behind Pharell in the second pic who appears to do the same gesture.

anonymous

TMZ trying to get another celeb in hot water. LOL@"Nazi Goosestepping".

tine

its crazy. if a white person would have done it then hell would have broken loose.
me as a german i feel really offended by it.
not right so not right

LAWRENCE

He's black so he's allowed to be a racist and we can't be offended. I believe that's how the double standard works...right?

Soiled Midget Panties

I don't see why white people get upset. Is the this "Nazi Goosestepping" a part of Anglo-Saxon heritage?

He can get away with it because he's not white, if a white were to do it it'd be wrong, and THAT is right.

renae

This looks bad but the Star Trek sign ( the Dr. Spock sign)is i guess kinda similar, so the only thing seperating them is the spreading between the middle and the ring finger. I couldn't see his hand but I would bet it was the Star Trek sign, he does it all the time.

I didn't even know that there was a such thing as nazi goosestepping. Learn something new everyday.

vellocet

Where's the reaction from the Jewish Anti-Defamation League? Has anyone reported this to them yet? I'd have expected TMZ to contact them and get a response before they posted this story. Getting sloppy, y'all.

wow ew

i wouldnt consider him racist and he were doing exact same thing and he were white. i was just like "lol wtf".

moving on...
get over it
TMZ!!!

they blow EVERYTHING OUT OF Proportion!!!!

Fuck Celebrities

Who???

anonymous

moving on...
get over it
TMZ!!!

they blow EVERYTHING OUT OF Proportion!!!!

Posted at 1:45 AM on Feb 16, 2011 by wow ew
_____________________________________________

Exactly.

baby

if it was a WHITE person doing that, omg it would be all over the news, that they were racist! jesse james wore a nazi hat and look at the backlash!

limpbobross

in my country of germany you go straight to jail if you goosestep or salute.a man here even trained his dog named adolf to give a hail hitler salute and the owner went to jail for 30 days.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments