'Celeb Rehab' Rocker -- Busted with Prescription Pills

2/18/2011 1:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Former Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr was carrying an unmarked bottle of prescription drugs when cops arrested him in Utah last night ... this according to police documents obtained by TMZ.

0218_mike_starr_Getty_EX

Cops say Starr -- who appeared on "Celebrity Rehab" in 2009 -- was in possession of 6 pills of a painkiller called Opana and 6 pills of Xanax ... an anti-anxiety drug.

According to the documents, Starr didn't have a prescription for either drug -- and was arrested on 2 felony counts of possession of a controlled substance.

Starr was taken to a nearby police station ... where he is still being held on $20,000 bail.

UPDATE: According to the police report, Mike tried to pull the whole "Do you know who I am?" card -- saying"

"[Mike] stated 'Hey officer, have you heard of Alice in Chains? I used to be the base [sic] guitarist for them. We are down here in Utah. Me and Travis are putting together a new band.'"

Joe

Wow, they some pricy pills! Hope they were worth it Mike.

PinkButterflyzz

Aww poor Mike. He looked so good when he was on "Celebrity Rehab". After being clean for awhile. I hate seeing anyone get back on drugs. Especially in his case. He was very addicted. Don't give up Mike. You can still do it.

Jackie

Charlie gets away with Cocaine, but this one gets in jail. wow!!...

cindy

Say it isn't so! I was rooting for you, Mike. Keep trying, don't give up. Do it for Layne.

lili

Few of those who appear on Celebrity Rehab heal. It's just another way for the famewhores to make some quick dough to buy more pills.

Dr Drew ought to be ashamed of himself.

Home Skillet

That's too bad. He seems like a good guy, and I was happy to see him clean up. Hang in there, Mike! You can kick it to the curb!

Ozzie X

He's got crazy eyes.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

stupid is as stupid does.....youll be singing in the showers when bubba and his pack gets ahold of you

Dan

makes sense. those two in combo have a heroine effect.

Ronald RayGun

Starr gets two felony changes for possession, but Lohan gets a pass for possession of cocaine. Go figure!

Elsa

So was this at an airport? ...or what was he doing to get stopped and searched?
I kinda feel bad for him, but you can just tell he likes to get messed up and that's the lifestyle as an adult he chooses to make, so...

Tommy

HA HA HA HA.... I knew he would screw up after he left my rehab program. Maybe I should just write the scripts for him and call it a day.... Or maybe just pick up some heroin from one of my in-house patients and get him straightened out.... Poor guy needs a fix!!! HA HA HA HA...

bitingontinfoil

This guy has suffered MAJOR brain damage from the amount of drugs. I feel for him - but even sober during CR, he had that zombie look to him. A**holes like Charlie Douche-een get away with crap like this 'cause he makes $2mil+ an episode.

lynn

To bad such a good guy..Thought he had the demon's beat keep your chin up mike better days ahead.

Canadasux

Who is this nobody with the shower cap on his head?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments