Britney Spears Scores Six-Figures Off Music Video

2/22/2011 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

If Britney Spears made half a million dollars from product placements in her new music video ... would you hold it against her?

0221_britneys_hiam_plenty_of_fish_EX

Sources connected to Britney's video tell TMZ ... Spears netted a cool $500,000 for various product placements in her "Hold It Against Me" video.

We're told the dating site Plentyoffish.com, one of several companies featured in the vid, forked over six figures to feature their site on Brit's computer during the vid and saw immediate results ... a 20% spike in traffic the day after the video premiered.

DANA

She got proly 6 figures from Sony as well.

Jim in Cali

wow, that's some cool cash although I wonder if it helped pay for the music video since record companies aren't putting much into music video budgets anymore.

BEE

Cool beans for Plentyoffish.com! That's were i met my hubby three years ago...and we are still going strong! love it! :) oh yeah Congrats Brit!! hahaa

Jim in Cali

@5 I don't know, I thought the video was kind of cool. Told her public life story and her fight with personal Brit and public Brit image. The two pupils in her eye and the joker smile were kind of spooky though.

mija

With alllllll those product placements in that video, they only made $500,000?

Isn't it funny, Plenty of Fish was also in Gaga's telephone video. It's like Gaga and Spears have the same agent.

Ray

who watches musics videos these days

Robert

She is still a mental health nut case and needs to hook up with lady gaga:)

Bob

Good for her. The more she makes the more taxes she pays and the less the government wants from me.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

I would be willing to place a product in her...all natural

will

that same site plenty of fish was in lady gaga video for telephone go look

NickSunset

I feel sorry for her she is really crazy.

mannequin

And don't she make the trailer park proud?

FAsh10nPr1nc3ss

Fashion was awesome! I am so glad Britney is back in the media's eye. I will be watching her every move on TMZ in HD with my employee DISH Network subscription. You can get your FREE HD for LIFE at dish.com.

your not all that

LOL her fans are sooo STUPID..........the blind leading the blind.........

Lucky_130

Dating websites are such a joke. TMZ should have some kind of dating set up on here, like how that lunkhead Sean Hannity has one on his website. People would do better dating wise I think and have something to talk about other than themselves.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments