« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

The RIDICULOUS House That Jeter Built

2/22/2011 4:20 PM PST BY Johnny Lopez

Derek Jeter dropped $7 million just for the land to build a nearly 31,000 square foot waterfront mega-home in Tampa ... and it's unbelievable.

0222_jeter_house_splash_zoom_launch

The recently completed estate features two 3-car garages, a swimming pool, a billiards room, a memorabilia room, 9 bathrooms and 7 bedrooms for Jeter and girlfriend Minka Kelly to use at their discretion.

Welcome to St. Jetersburg!

0222_celebrity_homes_houses_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

M. Brooks

I'm sorry but that is ridiculous! No one needs that big of a house. If I had that kind of money I would use it for charity rather than build something over the top like that. Talk about being out of touch.

noneofyourbusiness

That is fugging insane! OMG. Good for him I guess.

cryan

Don't they know showing off your wealth like that by buying mcmansions just isn't cool anymore, maybe to show off to your douchebag friends. lol Who really needs something so big?

The things this guy could accomplish with his money. It really tells the world this guy's a douche who thinks having grandiose, over the top things make him a better man than you or me.

Yikes, I would never want to trade places with this dude. What a shallow lonely world his must be.

THIN LIZZY

The world is mine Chico, and everything in it.

RD

Well now we know that Minka is only interested in men who have lots of $$$ and big houses

PT

The Pinella County property appraiser and tax collector will be pleased. I guess they will need 9 bathrooms to store all the Valtrex.

mbizzle

This place makes Hogan's house look tiny in comparison!

WCK604

Wow lots of jealous fools on here. How can you call him a douche for wanting to live the high life? He has the money, he earned it, he has the right for some luxury. Since when is it out of style to live the American Dream?

WCK604

Tara

Nice house, but why Tampa? I'm a native central Floridian and we have the worst weather.

stacey

I hope I run into him someday while he's here!! haha. @M. Brooks, so because he has a big house you don't believe he donates to charity? I'm sure he has much more money to give. He didn't spend it all here.

ohreally

what a waste of money... can't wait for a hurricane to demolish that bull****

moso

Very over the top but nice at the same time..
Way to big for a single guy and his girlfriend of the month!
Could have had 1/2 of that and it still would have been a large enough house..
It's all about "LOOK AT WHAT I HAVE"
Can't stand Jeter and the Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marilyn

Obviously the guy got no ****!

He needs that house to be a man.

Stevie B

Derek Jeter has always been rather humble and never faunted his success. This is the first decision he has made that I would question. Where is the yard and gardens or is it all house and then water?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments