Lindsay Shows Up At Her First Lawyer's Office

2/24/2011 6:48 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan just showed up at the law office of Blair Berk --- Lindsay's first lawyer --  to noodle over her felony grand theft case ... TMZ has learned.

0224_lindsay_blair_EX

Sources tell us Shawn Holley and Lindsay decided to call Berk and ask her to review the evidence in the case and strategize with Lindsay.  Sources tell TMZ ... Holley met with Lindsay and Dina for hours yesterday at Holley's office.  That meeting was followed by a lengthy conversation between Holley and Berk, and the two decided Lindsay should continue the discussion with Berk today.

Holley is and will continue to be Lindsay's lawyer, but in this kind of a pickle, two heads are better than one.

Berk, by the way, is the lawyer who repped Lindsay when she got her 2 DUI's ... and managed to get her off with a legal slap on the wrist.  One of the main reasons Berk is meeting with Lindsay -- she was the lawyer in the case the has now led to the probation violation.

It's likely Berk and Lindsay will discuss the D.A.'s plea offer, which would require her to accept 6 months in jail.

HairbySapphire

2 heads are better than one sometimes

Al

[snip]

Posted at 2:58 PM on Feb 24, 2011 by john smith

John, in order for your legal advice to be worth something, you need to have

a) knowledge of the law and
b) knowledge of the evidence.

In other words, your advice is worth exactly what Lindsay is paying for it.

Lucky_130

Susan- I have to tell you like Nicole sound like nice girls. I think it shows real loyalty in your character, but Lindsay is a bad girl. I thought at first she was one of the good ones, but I do that "All" the time. Yes the good girl charm always gets me in the beginning, only to later find out I have one hell of a bad girl on my hands.
My point is if someone like me who "Always" likes bad girls, and who also is attracted to Lindsay for that reason, I just have to say she doesnt make a good role model in my opinion for nice girls.

janet

Lohan is a thief, she just didn't expect to get caught let alone charged.

john smith

I really don't think that the judge is going to allow hearsay testimony about rumors of other items that went missing when Lindsay was around. The only witness that the ADA has is the person working at the store. The employee/owner when asked by Lindsay's attorney is going to say that she does not believe that Lindsay had intent to steal the necklace and that the owner did'nt want to press charges against Lindsay. I think that most of the jury will look at ADA Duh Netta and see what her motivation for going after Lindsay is.

jen newman

someone please inform me how a person who may be found guilty of go for a plea deal regarding a FELONY will only serve 6 months???

Jen Newman

dreamon

@johnsmith
"At least half of the Jury is going to think that Lindsay accidentally walked out with the item."

Gee, but will the same half of the jury think she accidently KEPT the item? LOL. Not.

I thought her defense was her stylist loaned it out, anyway?

mousetrap

Berk didn't "manage to get her off" with a "legal slap on the wrist". Lindsay basically got what almost anyone else with no prior record would have for the dui's. Now the probation violations may be a different story. You have to watch TMZ. They will slide in these little lines here and there that really do exaggerate things and stir up the pot. I've been seeing it more and more.

Phil

to #76:

The DA has no "motivation" for going after Lindsay. You've got it backwards. Lindsay keeps breaking the LAW. It's an old trick to blame the DA, or the cops, or the lawyers or 'the system' or bad luck or the Tooth Fairy for your legal problems (which happen again and again and again and again... and again...). But Lindsay's problems are rather simple and it's staring her right back in the mirror.

lou

Lindsay SHOULD take the deal. But, oh, how I would LOVE to see that trial. Part of me just hopes Lindsay takes it to trial so we can see the entire thing unfold. The tape, witnesses telling the world how she lies, Lindsay taking the stand! It would be nonstop entertainment.

Posted at 2:28 PM on Feb 24, 2011 by suza271

---

Well, aside from wasting taxpayers' time, yeah, it would be entertaining to watch. Lindsay doesn't realize how ridiculously campy she is when she tosses her hair and rolls her eyes at court.

lou

LOL, FUTMZ! Beekeeper! Is that why she has the grossly swollen bee-stung lips?

kate

@56 Susan for once i agree with somebody on the gossip site.
Its a shame some people on here have such hatred .bless you
you sound like a smart person

spongeboob

what if blair blerk thinks she is guilty? lol

george clooney

I guess she is really worried now about that jury trial huh? Guess it will not be so easy to find one jurist to not convict this thief...especially since she claims she is NOT a thief. WHAT A THIEF!

lou

I think the way the Lohan's can make money is to take a dunking tank on the road, stop at big cities and the public can line up and throw baseballs at the target and dunk all of them (and Ali,too). What fun!

Posted at 2:40 PM on Feb 24, 2011 by themare

Themare, between that and hawking tee shirts that say "Jail the Linnocent," the money raised could pay off the national debt.