Hospitalized 'A.I.' Contestant -- Still in Jeopardy

2/25/2011 3:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Abrams -- who we know is one of the 24 finalists on "American Idol" -- is still in the hospital and could end up dropping out of the competition today ... TMZ has learned.

Casey Abrams Hospitalized Update

TMZ broke the story ... Casey was rushed to the hospital Wednesday, complaining of severe stomach pains.

We've learned he's still in the hospital and will receive a blood transfusion this morning.

For Casey to continue in the competition, he must participate in tonight's taping of the top 12 males.

Sources connected with the show say it's up to Casey to decide, but producers will let him rehearse with the band at 4:30 PM today if he's able ... and then tape the show.

It's so touch and go, we're told they're discussing the possibility of Casey going to the taping and then returning to the hospital.

Stay tuned ...

0225_american_idol_24_footer

pumpiumpiumkin

What the heck is wrong with him? Anyone know? I loved this guy.

anon.

I can't believe AI couldn't be more understanding and accommodating to him for his condition:(

Lkap1481

Crap, he's my favorite of the entire bunch! I hope he can get better and make it!! He's so consistently great and has such talent! Speedy recovery Casey!

Tinalouise

yay... now bring back that little hottie Colton instead!

my2cents

A gazillion prayers go out to Casey! He was OUTSTANDING with that base, and his voice is fantastic. He's already a winner in my book!

Deuce's mom

Stomach pains and a blood transfusion......based on the stress of what he's been going through - my guess is a bleeding ulcer. I hope they can calm it down, I love him too!

denise

He's awesomely talented. Wish him all the luck!

tgrfan42069

this sucks him and the guy from compton are my faves.him talking about going to idol then returning to hospital.if its something serious he doesnt need to risk his life just for his dream.with his talent people will come knocking no matter if he wins idol or leaves early

rae

He has such talent! I haven't watched American Idol in years. He is from one of my favorite towns and the whole reason I was going to watch this season! I hope he somehow pulls it together and go on with the show!

Mikey

F ing Drama Queen...........

Trayphin

OMG, Casey....get better dude. You are one of the best this year. Either way, you are an amazingly talented guy and there's no where but up for you in this business. Take care and hope to buy a CD of yours soon.

scott

sounds like a set up to put back Chris Medina on the show, i bet it happens

LMT

Hate to tell all you AI lovers out there, but Idol did this last year. The season winner, Crystal Bowersox, was "rushed" to the hospital early in the competition. Sounds like me Idol gins up an emergency every year to ensure a ratings increase the following week. And, sadly, fans fall for the drama! What a joke.

LMT

"Crap" is right. The big boy probably is just constipated and needs to take a dump. Give him some Exlax and i am sure he will be fine! Give me a break!

carol

Crystal was a diabetic. This sounds like ulcers or crohns disease/ulcerative colitis.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments