« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NASCAR Prodigy Trevor Bayne -- On the Right Track

2/25/2011 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

20-year-old Daytona 500 winner Trevor Bayne is more than a man who makes awesome left turns -- he's also the kind of guy who helps out orphans! Someone get Trev a cold beer ... oh wait.
022411_TV_bayne_still

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Charles

this guy only won because half the field was taking out in a huge crash that took out all the GOOD DRIVERS!!!!! you are not going to see him in the winner circle again for a long time!!! tmz, stick to what charlie and lilo are doing and stay out of something you don't know a lick about: nascar!!! baaahaaa!!!!

greg

2 Carl Edwards 18 wins 119 top tens 7 poles
3 David Gilliland 5 top tens
4 Bobby Labonte 21 wins 200 top tens 26 poles
5 Kurt Busch 22 wins 153 top tens 12 poles
6 Juan Montoya 2 wins 42 top tens 5 poles
7 Regan Smith 1 top ten
8 Kyle Busch 19 wins 104 toptens 7 poles
9 Paul Menard 8 top tens 1 pole
10 Mark Martin 48 wins 148 top tens 30 poles
11 A.J. Allmendinger
12 Bill Elliott 44 wins 320 top tens 55 poles
13 Tony Stewart 39 wins 247 top tens 12 poles

i would say that a lot of good drivers were left

Kelly

I love, love, love me some Tony Stewart! I've followed his career since his days as a dirt track driver.I never have cared for Indy but went to watch him race.

IMO he's the best driver / owner out there.
He's not a crybaby like Jr or Gordon or Johnson.
Jimmy Johnson's luck should be running out, little cheater that he is!

radicalred

Please. Trevor Bayne won because of the stupid "pushme-pullyou" racing that NASCAR encouraged at Daytona. That wasn't a race, I don't know what the hell that was.

And I hope Jimmie Johnson and his crew cheat Knaus have a miserable season. Sandbagging cheaters that they are.

John

I don't know why they keep putting these hick accents on little videos like this, I guess it is because they don't realize that the 5 time and current champion is from CALIFORNIA! Also Jeff Gordon, Robby Gordon, Kyle and Kurt Busch, AJ Almendinger, Kasey Kahne, JJ Yeley, and others are all from the WEST COAST!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

that race was instense..kind of like driving I-95 during rush hour in maryland,,,,,he won so thats makes him damn good

MIDNIGHT TOKER

I turned it on with 60 laps to go and then kept it on with about 5 laps..thats about all I can handle..but then again..I was high

cciusdbnc8h343b_SHEEN

IT WAS RIGGED LIKE PAUL BRIGGS VS DANNY . ... ..

cheryl

Most of the people leaving comments probably only watch the Daytona 500. Watch a full season or two of NASCAR Sprint Cup Racing and Nationwide Racing and then leave a comment when you actually know something about the sport. There so much more to NASCAR racing than just turning left, and right, on road tracks. So watch and learn before you comment...

Jim

I love these people who diss NASCAR, i wonder if any of them watch baseball, now thats boring. Perhaps they are so involved in their careers they don`t have time for anything else. There`s so much more to it than driving around in circles. However taking my kids to a race will never happen again. 100,000 Americans there, 20,000 of them drunkin idiots, spilling beer on my kid, foul language, falling down drunk, fighting. No you didn`t attack my country and bomb my children. I visit your country and they get scarred from going to a NASCAR race. I`ll never visit the US again, there`s so many better places to visit. Your country sucks, it`s going downhill and someday you all will be yellow and speaking chinese.

JAN

TMZ, please don't start reporting on NASCAR.. that's just the bottom of the barrel!

Paul Gozzo

This kid is great! I am excited to see what he will do this year in Nationwide. I hope he runs in Nationwide for a couple or few years to get some experience then eases into Cup. Joey Logano went right in and is doing remarkably well given just how tough it is at the top level.
Trevor is a great person too and an emerging leader who is great for yunger fans to like. I highly suggest getting on Twitter and reading his tweets.

steven

Trevor Bayne is awesome and people who hate him suck

Paul Gozzo

I'm looking forward to this weekends races to see if Trevor can turn his season back around. It started so well with the big Cup win at Daytona.but then the health issues were so unfortunate. I hope he is well, healthy, and back to his form that won himk the Daytona 500 earlier this year. Go Trevor!