D.A. On Verge Of Charging Mel Gibson

2/28/2011 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with the Mel Gibson criminal investigation tell TMZ ... Gibson is about to be charged with domestic violence, but Oksana Grigorieva will not be charged with extortion.

Mel Gibson Charged
Multiple sources say the die is not officially cast, but the powers that be think there's enough evidence to prosecute Mel, however not enough to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Oksana extorted him -- notwithstanding that she demanded $15 million from him in return for keeping the tapes secret.

All of our sources say ... the turning point for prosecutors was the fact that prior to Oksana going to the Sheriff's Department and accusing Gibson of domestic violence, Mel's family law attorneys filed a declaration in the family law case, in which Mel admits to slapping Oksana -- he says because she was shaking baby Lucia wildly and feared Shaken Baby Syndrome.
0227_mel_doc_rip_2
We're told the likely charge against Mel will be misdemeanor domestic violence -- he will not be charged with a felony.  Misdemeanor domestic violence carries a maximum penalty of six months in jail.

Sources say the extortion investigation has become a bone of contention between the D.A. and the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.  We're told Sheriff's investigators believe there is sufficient evidence -- much of which has not been made public -- to prosecute Oksana, but the D.A. doesn't agree.

As for a timetable ... we're told the decision is expected in the next two weeks, and very possibly this week.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

emerald

Night Belinda have a good one hugs

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Floaters: sure. Over flowed toilets, leaking water heaters, left for months in vacation houses. Fod in fridges that got turned off and the food left behind for MONTHS. Then the owner wonders WHY it's going to cost so much to repair the damages..lol...so much nastiness.

Do NOT let leaks go on. Fix them fast and SAVE your money, your goods, your houses.

Celtic

Sam, that's gross. I could not imaginge going into a crawl space with that sludge. Sound like a cholera outbreak waiting to happen.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Celtic: I think it'd be quite a few steps up to deal with the things you described! lol! It wasn't a bad job really==pay was good. I made several hundred a job easy--each job lasted about on average 3 hours? counting travel time to and from. If scheduled right we could do two or three jobs a day. Most of the time things were easy and clean. BUT things COULD be very awful too. Those days it was very bad and I DIDN'T make enough money!! lol.

Celtic

Good night everyone. May we all wake up to good news in the morning.

emerald

Night Celtic have a good one hugs

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

7K!!
Posted at 8:16 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Celtic

:) exactly. I HATED that part. But I had a son in college so I did it--money makes the world go round. I did it with another guy for a bit until he owed me 7K! Then I opened my own business and worked it with my son until I retired.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

I'm off. Hugs everyone!

emerald

Night Sam have a really good one, thanks for the brownies, wink wink hugs

emerald

Posted at 8:24 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Sam

Money and dirt, where there's dirt there's money and money makes the world go around lol!

angelika466

You can just call me Miss Nit Wit. Nothing works for me! I even had this vault with the same combination code for 20 yrs. Thank God I can remember how to turn on the laptop!

Posted at 5:02 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by M. Gabriel

Nooo, i am the computer illiterate. Don't take that title away from me. I get a new laptop tomorrow. Oh fun you bet. I may never be able to post on any board again. Sigh.
Hi all, Nite all, your posts have been a real joy. Gotta love the Bones discovery. I think Mr. Hellnurse was only off by a day don't worry be happy. Ox WILL get hers! LOL

emerald

The Embalmed One has a story on ROL. They describe her as--are you ready?--a "civil rights attorney." Yeah. Like we will be confusing her with Morris Dees. Unpleasant as it is to give ROL the clicks, you all really should take a look at the photo. She is wearing the tackiest wig you will ever seen.

Posted at 7:44 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Midwesterner

Midwesterner Lol!! GA (the embalmed one) has to reassure a Judge her claim for a protective order is legit lol?! I know, everyone has to, I know still it's funny to think she had to say "Of course I'm telling the truth, it's a real threat!" lol! What was amazing about the picture was that her embalmed face managed to crack wide enough to smile - I thought it had been frozen in place for all eternity lol!
Perhaps she's going shark fishing later lol!

emerald

Night guys it's been fun have a good one all Team Mel/Truth hugs

azlee

I heard from KH today and he sent me this about his book, so I am sharing.

hope it gets you there ok.

azlee

oh that is the front and back covers of the book he said.

Previous 15 Comments | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments