D.A. On Verge Of Charging Mel Gibson

2/28/2011 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with the Mel Gibson criminal investigation tell TMZ ... Gibson is about to be charged with domestic violence, but Oksana Grigorieva will not be charged with extortion.

Mel Gibson Charged
Multiple sources say the die is not officially cast, but the powers that be think there's enough evidence to prosecute Mel, however not enough to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Oksana extorted him -- notwithstanding that she demanded $15 million from him in return for keeping the tapes secret.

All of our sources say ... the turning point for prosecutors was the fact that prior to Oksana going to the Sheriff's Department and accusing Gibson of domestic violence, Mel's family law attorneys filed a declaration in the family law case, in which Mel admits to slapping Oksana -- he says because she was shaking baby Lucia wildly and feared Shaken Baby Syndrome.
0227_mel_doc_rip_2
We're told the likely charge against Mel will be misdemeanor domestic violence -- he will not be charged with a felony.  Misdemeanor domestic violence carries a maximum penalty of six months in jail.

Sources say the extortion investigation has become a bone of contention between the D.A. and the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.  We're told Sheriff's investigators believe there is sufficient evidence -- much of which has not been made public -- to prosecute Oksana, but the D.A. doesn't agree.

As for a timetable ... we're told the decision is expected in the next two weeks, and very possibly this week.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

Queen of the World

So he slapped the stupid bitch, does anybody really care? She totally deserved it, because she is an irritating and unattractive hag.
What is REALLY important here, is who is the idiot that wrote this article? Who is 'casting' around dye? What if it hits someone? You dumb ass! Dye is a coloring agent!
FIRE THE MORON AND HIRE SOMEBODY THAT ACTUALLY HAS A GRASP OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE!
Oh, wait...OxyMoron didn't write this, did she?

anonymous

"the dye is not officially cast."

TMZ, are you people half asleep?

DYE? Really? LMAO.

LA me

Hiya Lil'!!! How goes it in The Land of FTFA??

angelwolf333

he is getting charged with stuff. but she can shake a baby until the kid is retarded the kid is retarded because she shook it

little aussie reader

Hi lar! Well, I'm convinced there's enough evidence to charge her and I haven't even seen all the evidence.

I DO believe that Oksana, not Mel, will ultimately be the social outcast of Hollywood.

Posted at 1:26 AM on Feb 28, 2011 by Cthrew

Cthrew, I am also convinced but Oz has a very different justice system to the U.S. I hope you are right, for Mel and Lucia's sake. I agree that Ox will be the pariah in all this. No man in his right mind would take the risk.

ohreally

Now is the time to pressure the DA to do the RIGHT THING! Is he afraid of something.. or someBODY???
If the Sheriff's dept believe there is more than enough evidence, then there is!
PRAYERS, everybody, PRAYERS that Cooley WILL DO THE RIGHT THING.
CHARGE OKSANA!
I can't begin to imagine the firestorm of upset, and the legal ramifications, if this beotch gets away with it.

LA me

LOL about casting "dye" ....wonder what color it is?

twilightmom

@me
Which JLS are you agreeing with? The "lower", or the Chanel makeup artist. Important to know. Well, actually....doesn't make a difference either way. Neither know sh.it from apple butter. {o:

@LA me
Hey girl, wow! You're off EARLY? Or just waiting for everyone to finish partying?

Lori

Yikes...It's about to get crazy up in here...don't lose your sh*t people...just remember...you still have CHUCKLES to take your mind off of this :)

Besides, do you really think old Mel will do time? Not a chance.

northern gypsy

man-o-man you know M.G. must be wishing he could re-do this relationship...he will never be free of the high maintenance baby maker...
next time keep it in your pants !!!

LA me

Lil' ..Before you ask....I didn't "officially" do the Oscars. Took a client to the viewing party at The Beverly Hills Hotel. Had them home by 10:00pm. Gotta love those regular clients....don't have to do the "Hoopla" and the parties after.

twilightmom

@LAR
Of course its political.
Does anyone have that list of contacts for the DA that Sam keeps posting? Can't find mine, thought I saved it. :o

fromwayacrosstheoceanami

Posted at 1:31 AM on Feb 28, 2011 by little aussie reader

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

how you going little aussie from another west aussie :) Just wanted to say, i dont know many men who are in their right mind when a seductress is around, they are more likely to be in their "pe*nis" minds..... scuse the language :)

dont get me wrong, to me she is a used up ugly piece of trash, but men, phfffft, there will be another wealthy man for her to fleece

toryjhons

good process to access the policy ...and good checkout and evidence..for the demonstrator ..log in and get more...

motorola cliq xt