Paula Abdul Dials 911 to Escape Boyfriend's Car

3/3/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul made a frantic and tearful 911 call during a Valentine's Day drive with a boyfriend -- repeatedly screaming, "Drop me off!" ... and TMZ has obtained the recording.

0302_paula_911_callDuring the call -- placed at 4:35 PM on Valentine's Day -- Paula cries and sobs hysterically and says, "I wanna go, and he won't let me!"

Seconds later Paula says, "Are you gonna drop me off 'cause I have emergency on the phone" -- and shortly after that she says, "He's dropping me off."

Officers got in touch with Paula about an hour later and she said it was just a verbal dispute.

We're told Paula and the guy were driving near Santa Barbara when the epic argument erupted. Cops went to her house that night and found she was fine. Paula did not want to file a police report.

A spokesperson for Abdul tells TMZ, "Arguments with loved ones are often times heated. After the call was made everything was worked out."

0303_paula_abdul_footer

you know it

Paula? Are you okay? My gosh. I'm glad you did the right thing. This is not an abuse of our 911 system. She used it and she is safe. Imagine if she didn't. How scary. I hope you aren't with this person.

dg

What a dumb idiot. People like that should be shot because they get in the way of daily events for the normal people. Seriously....she called 911 because of an argument with a bf????? I'm sure there were more important calls coming in that the 911 operator could have been handling in stead of that drunk, pill popping ugly midget

FUCK YOU!!

WHAT THE **** IS ALL WRONG WITH YOU??!!

I WONDER WHAT THE **** WOULD YOU HAVE DONE IS THIS HAPPENED THE **** TO YOU TOO!! JUST SO YOU KNOW PAULA HAS BEEN THROUGH A LOT! SHE HAD ALL THE RIGHT TO PANIC! YOU ALL INSENSITIVE PIECE OF ****! YOU KNOW WHAT IS A WASTE?? THIS!!
911 IS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE TO SUPPORT AND HELP, NOT TO PUBLISH YOUR DAMN PROBLEMS OR TRAGEDIES!! AND TMZ IS ALSO RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS CRAP!! HOW COULD YOU!? WHAT IF IT THIS HAPPEN TO YOU?? WOULD YOU BE HAPPY AND ****ING GIDDY WHEN YOU NOTICED THAT YOUR CALL HAS BEEN RECORDED AND ON THE INTERNET!! YOU CAN ALL ROTTEN IN DAMN HELL FOR ALL I CARE!

Matthew

Arrest that bitch for a false 911 call, that is still illegal, right?

AMD

@ Fred Farkel...

Please, shut your misogynisitc ass up. And, if you've have bad luck w/ women in the past, it's more than likely your fault. These nothing worse than dudes bitchin' about women.

Mel

Fights get heated yes but its not normal to call 911 you deranged cow.

Mekalia

Maybe he was like holding her hostage and lied to the press, I want to here her side of the story

fastdriver

ONE MORE nutcase to add to my list of CRAZIES in CA! They're coming out of the wood work left and right! Add Andy **** to the list also!

anne2

Drama Queens like this SICKEN ME!! She makes it bad for all women who are REALLY in trouble and call 9/11 !! Did the crazy bitch decide not to press charges or what??! Stay off of all phones Abdul!! PLEASE!

HarlotO'Hara

@ Fred Farkel...

Posted at 12:31 PM on Mar 3, 2011 by AMD

LOL!!! No matter the subject Freddie's posts are nothing but bytch fests about his ex-wife.

His surgery to have his brain removed from his anus didn't take. It's just too far up there for even the most skilled proctologist to retrieve.

skyler

omg what the **** is your problem guys! obviously something big went down and if u were in a truck and your boyfriend wouldnt let you out you would be in a ****ing panic too! she inst crazy or "wasted" yall are ****ing stupid! and so are you Tmz for realeasing this! she just wants to put it behind her! so forget it! paula is amazing she was terrified and crying yall would have done the same thing so shut the **** up! paula is amazing and you never see her out there doing anything bad! she's a better role model than half the stars today! i support her in everything she does with all my heart! so if yall have a problem take it up with me!!!!!

anne2

I'll take it up w you skylar. According to you Abdula was "terrified,panicked and crying". Why was that skylar???! You tell me!! What happened to make her that way?? And yet, when the police went to her house that night she COVERED UP AND PROTECTED THE IDIOT THAT DID THAT TO HER!!! How often can a person cry wolf skylar?? How do think her actions will affect other women when they REALLY have a reason to call 9/11?? YOU TELL ME!!

You sound like you are 2 sandwiches short of a picnic, like your friend Abdul!

NotAmerican

Hey guys it's not "9/11" ok, it's "911"

Lorelaooo

anne2 - Do you even know what's the difference between 911 and 9/11? Please, tell! You are one of the reasons why people all over the world make fun of Americans! :) You are a MORON!

Julia

Paula pays taxes bigger than all of you, haters, put together and has every right to call 911 wherever she feels her life is in danger! Maybe he got her out of the car only after this call because he got scared of the legal consequences? If yes, good for her to calling the police! Do you even know where he was taking her? Maybe she asked him to drive her home and he refused so she got scared? I would also feel threatened if someone was taking me somewhere I didn't want to go! Think people! Just because it's her boyfriend doesn't mean that he can do anything he wants with her! A heated argument could lead to violent behavior so it can't be ignored! This is what 911 is for!