David Arquette in Head-On Car Accident

3/4/2011 7:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David Arquette was just involved in a head-on collision and he's injured ... TMZ has learned.

David Arquette Car Accident

David was driving in West Hollywood just a few minutes ago ... when his car veered into oncoming traffic.

David is lying on the ground right now -- bleeding --  as fire trucks are racing to the scene.

David Arquette Car Accident Video
A witness tells TMZ ... David was behind a car that stopped suddenly.  David then swerved to the left to avoid hitting the car and went into oncoming traffic.  David slammed into a car going in the opposite direction.

David was driving a silver Cadillac.

David Arquette Car Crash Pics
We're told David was on his way to Burbank airport to board a private jet which was going to Las Vegas, for the grand opening of Sugar Factory -- a candy store at the Paris Hotel.  He was supposed to attend a party hosted by Kim Kardashian.

UPDATE: He's being taken away by ambulance right now.

UPDATE 3:13 PM PT: Authorities now say the drivers of both vehicles suffered minor to moderate injuries.

Story developing ...

sPaNkDeNALgAs

TMZ:

Thanks for reporting the condition of the people in the vehicle David hit!!! *sarcasm*

LostGurl66

These things can happen at the quickest moment when you're full attention isn't to what's in front of you. I've been there on the freeway, sudden stop in front of me but luckily I had my seatbelt on or I would have been dead on the pavement. My prayers are to David and his family.

rach

120 they r not celebs so who cares

chick

Uh-oh..he's not dead.

travcm

Wow, a lot of morons here. Let me break this down for you, since most of you are incapable of logical though:

1. There is no indication that he was drinking. Maybe tailgating, but not drinking. Just because someone has a past history with alcohol does not mean ALL subsequent accidents they get into for the rest of their life is a result of alcohol.

2. "Photographer should have been helping him!" Uhh, how? If he's actually injured, then it's likely a concussion, bone, or back injury. Probably best to leave him there until paramedics arrive instead of trying to move him.

3. "I pray for your safety David" "Stay with us" Give me a break. These injuries are obviously not life-threatening. He's not going to die. And he's certainly not reading TMZ, so quit acting like you're talking to him.

AreUCrazy

Would be nice to know how the other person is doing also!

Nexus946

For those of you speculating as to his sobriety, death wish, or other pure conjecture, you've apparently never driven in Hollywood. People drive like maniacs on crack. Having someone brake suddenly in front of you is the LEAST dangerous maneuver you will encounter.

MannysGrammy

Geesh people. Ok, suicide attempt?! W/E! He could've SLAMMED into car in front of him! I avoid rear end accidents on highway swinging onto shoulder, but if he was in town, where do you go? Up a curb/sidewalk/house? Just asking as I don't know that area at all.
No time to think to react more properly anyway. Besides, I thought they were working things out/hanging out together all the time anyway?

pj

totalled recall?

tacky66

well it sounds like he tried avoid an accident but went into ongoing traffic. in any case,he is not wrapped too tight. he should have taken a limo. on oprah, he was off, just not right.

groovypet2

wow m y preyers r with him very scary.

Just me

I hope he will be ok , but I don't see any blood. He must have been conscious to be able to get out of the car and on to the ground.

Janet

Being transported to St. Joe's in Burbank is way worse than being hit head on! You'll die there!

Tammy

Posted at 3:05 PM on Mar 4, 2011 by Nexus946

AMEN!! I live in Vany Nuys and work Downtown and they are maniacs!! They make NY and DC drivers look great and I've lived in both those places too.

MannysGrammy

NM, now that I saw area, he would've ended up in someones house! wow! Possibly running over kids sitting in LR OR BR..I mean look at area, what would you have done????
I don't think there's any way in that area for it not to have been bad?! Who know's how close the car in front of him, had a car in front of them, or kids crossing?? Like i said, i'm going by pics, no idea of the area lights or crossings.