« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Pete Rose Files for Divorce

3/4/2011 9:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Pete Rose has finally OFFICIALLY pulled the trigger on his 26-year marriage ... by filing divorce papers ... TMZ has learned.

Pete Rose Divorce

The former MLB great filed docs in L.A. County Superior Court asking a judge to end his marriage to Carol Rose .. whom he married in 1984.

Pete cites irreconcilable differences for the split.

According to the docs, Pete is willing to pay for spousal support -- but he doesn't offer up a specific amount.

Pete also lists the date of separation as "TBD" -- which is interesting because he's been dating a model named Kiana Kim since 2009 ... and even brought her on the Howard Stern Show last year to brag about their sex lives.

0709_split_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

BREAKFAST4

What a gamble, har har har...

THIN LIZZY

One of the best players to ever walk on the field. Sucks that he threw it away on gambling.

Rafaelle Zuccaro

The only thing that MATTERS to people like Pete and Howard Stern is and always was SHECKELS!!!!!They would sell their own sisters or Mothers for a BUCK--

cidroc

hallafamer in my book great guy that did so much for baseball now sammy sosa can get into trouble for a cork bat an that was ok! pete your a great hero thanks for all the great memorys i always wanted to be you when i was playing little league

bobby smith

LOL.... look at the hair on his neck!!!

Lori

Another OLD FOOL...he might want to tell the new honey that the EX will get it all...along with his balls...

ahahahahahahahahahaa

kinm

shame, a Korean slut ...

Carrie

Pete Rose is just one more horn dog trading in the old for the younger one. What a jerk.

Lori

Nice GLASSES Grandpa...nothing like an old fool to remind everyone how stupid men get around some strange pootie.

kinm

He's 40 years her senior, sure it's true love.

tomestokes

guess i should have bet on that

joeygirl45

It's unfortunate that men seem to feel the need to try and recapture their youth. Why would you throw away a 20 something year marriage instead of trying to work things out. I'm seeing this happen more and more these days. I lost my husband of 13 years and I would give anything to have him back. He made me feel like a queen even though he was 51 and I was not a "twenty something" and had our kids so obviously I wasn't a bikini model even though I only way 115 lbs. We grew together and accepted each other,faults and all. We "worked" our problems out and never went to be angry with each other, even if it meant putting a disagreement on hold till a later time. Usually by then, it didn't seem so huge anymore. The old men will be old alone when they are of no use anymore to someone that only wants to watch TV and go to bed at 9. It's sad that committment now only means "till the new young thing comes along"... just my opinion but it really makes me sad.

Christy

You would think he has enough money to give up the Flowbee and get a real haircut. Oh, and shave that neck up you old fart.

Dumped Him

Another old fool.

panchang810

Divorce the loyal, loving wife of decades for a younger one. And when he's on his last dollar the younger golddigger will then trade him with a yunger, hunky man with more money. Then he will be left peniless WITHOUT A WOMAN BY HIMSELF.

Good for the loyal, loving wife and I wish her all the best.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments