Lindsay

Upset With 'SNL' Over Miley's Insults

3/7/2011 5:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan has fired off a letter to "Saturday Night Live" honcho Lorne Michaels -- explaining she was disappointed with him for allowing Miley Cyrus to take digs at her on the show ... TMZ has learned.

Miley Cyrus SNL Skit

Sources close to Lindsay tell us ... she had considered Lorne a mentor and a father figure -- and felt betrayed that he would let Miley mock her on TV -- so LiLo sent an email to let him know she was upset.

In case you missed the show -- Miley finished her opening monologue with a musical number which included the lyric, "I never stole a necklace or got a DUI .. never cheated on wife like that golfer guy ... so what if you can see a little boob from the side ... I'm sorry if I'm not perfect."

We're told Lindsay hasn't received an email back yet.

Fulifu

TRUTH hurts! Yes Lindsay that's what people think of you!

Schuyler

Lindsay was NOT the youngest person to host SNL. Drew Barrymore holds that record, she was only 7 when she hosted in 1982.

Miley made fun of herself and her own "scandals" too.

anyjoe

Well I think it was all in fun, Lindsey should take a chill pill, I guess its a ok for her to make fun of the situation on Kimal but if someone else does it then she gets mad.

ilovegossip

C'mon TMZ you're slipping! The best part was the skit with "Charlie Sheen" and "Lindsay" where she says "my new movie Herbie opened 68 months ago, and Los Angeles court house just gave me my own parking spot. Winning! Duh!"

Then when "Charlie" introduces their new sponsor, Baby Urine, "Lindsay" grabs it and says "can I have that" and leaves with it!!!

It was hilarious!

always

Cry me a river...you are the laughing stock of the country right now, every time you fall down we all laugh louder. Your mother and you will go on tv for $$ to air your dirty laundry and yet you want us not to talk about it. Get used to it honey it's just started.

Evelyn

Lighten up blondie its a joke!!! just be thankful ur still being talked about...

Obiwan

Host the show 1 time, ONE time, and Lorne becomes a mentor? That puts her on a scale with Betty White

christy

Boo freaking hoo. Thats what the show does. I do not like MIley by a long shot but she also made fun of herself so get over yourself. If you do not like the truth then stop doing things to be made fun of.

dreamon

For an interesting summary of LL's one note career as party girl. Year after year ...same story. Pary, drink,steal, get caught, rehab, say you're misunderstood, repeat.

john smith

Lindsay hosted SNL on May 1st 2004 at the age of 17 and she did a great job, she will host the show again....

Grim Reaper

Poor dear, boo hoo hoo!

Everybody is like, so mean.

What an entitled loser.

H.T

Whats the matter Lindsey, don't have a sense of humor. You have made fun of yourself before on T.V, or are you upset that you did not receive any money.Get a life girl and grow up, your supposed to be in the entertainment business or have you finally realized that your career is over!!!

R

I don't like both Lindsay or Miley much but I loved Miley as Lindsay so I think Miley should always "be" Lindsay and Lindsay, well, you're outta luck.

bootsy

# 55 Agreed ilovegossip! The best part was the skit with "Charlie Sheen" and "Lindsay" where she says "my new movie Herbie opened 68 months ago, and Los Angeles court house just gave me my own parking spot. Winning! Duh!"

The Herbie line is hilarious and TRUE!

janet

Lohan, you still sure about that trial?