Lindsay Lohan: I Ain't Pleading to Nothin'

3/9/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is steadfast .... she's not plea bargaining her felony grand theft case.

Lindsay Lohan Case
We got Lindsay Tuesday night going to her agent's office and asked if she'd accept a plea deal -- which the judge has already said would involve jail time.  Lindsay appears to nod in the negative.

It's an interesting situation ... we've learned Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Holley and prosecutor Danette Meyers are meeting with Judge Keith Schwartz Wednesday to discuss a plea bargain.  Judge Schwartz has made it clear -- any plea deal will put Lindsay behind bars ... the only question is for how long.

Lindsay must appear in court on Thursday.  If she doesn't accept a plea deal, the case will be assigned to Judge Stephanie Sautner for trial, and the stakes for Lindsay then go up dramatically.

Vorlon

Dina's Infamous July 6 recap- poor Lilo is SOOOO hard done by:

Lindsay Lohan was sentenced to 90 days in jail and 90 days in a drug rehab center on Tuesday (July 6) for violating probation.

Before the sentencing, Lindsay Lohan stood in the court and became emotional. "As far as I knew," the tearful 24-year-old actress said, "I was in compliance with my programs."

She continued, telling Judge Marsha N. Revel: "I wasn't trying to get special treatment. I have to provide for myself. I have to work. Having said that, I did everything to balance my jobs and showing up. I'm not taking this as a joke. It's my life. It's my career. ... I take responsibility for my actions. I've tried to do the best I can. It's been such a long haul. I don't want you to think that I don't respect you."

It wasn't enough. The Beverly Hills judge ruled that Lohan violated the terms of her probation, which stem from a 2007 drunk-driving case. The actress failed to attend alcohol-education classes. Revel also cited several instances from over the past few years, saying the actress lied about drinking and taking drugs.

"It's like someone who cheats but doesn't think it's cheating if they don't get caught," the judge said in court.

Lohan's legal trouble date back to 2007, when she had her first drunk-driving arrest. The judge said she continually deceived officials. Revel said Lohan lied by pretending she wasn't the driver in that case. Two months later, the actress was arrested for drunk driving.

The judge also cited an instance when Lohan lied about being in possession of what ultimately tested positive for cocaine. Revel also was critical of the operator of the weekly alcohol-education classes that were mandatory for her, of which Lohan was said to have nine absences. She said Cheryl Marshall, who testified, failed to report Lohan's absences to the court before she had her bail revoked when the alarm on her alcohol-monitoring ankle bracelet was triggered June 6.

Marshall told the prosecutor that Lohan didn't attend classes on days that she said she had, and she also told the court that Lohan never attended group meetings but instead chose one-on-one sessions because of privacy concerns.

Lohan must surrender on July 20 in Judge Revel's court.

Judge Marsha Revel today sentenced troubled actress Lindsay Lohan to 90 days in jail for violating the terms of her probation. Prosecutor Danette Meyers called witnesses from the Right On Drug & Alcohol Rehab to show that Lohan was not in compliance when she failed to attend 9 alcohol education classes in direct violation of Judge Revel’s orders.

Lohan was also ordered to wear a SCRAM alcohol monitoring ankle bracelet. The monitoring agency reported a violation to the court during the MTV awards last month. A subsequent blood test was negative for alcohol.

Lohan was ordered to enroll in alcohol education classes in 2007 after being charged with a DUI. The judge pointed out that it took Lohan 3 years to complete a 1½-year program. Lohan’s attorney, Shawn Chapman Holley, argued that while Lohan was not in compliance by missing 9 education classes, she would have completed the program on time this month.

A tearful Lohan addressed the judge, saying she didn’t realize she was out of compliance and she did everything she was supposed to do. “I’m not taking this as a joke. It’s my life and my career. I thought it was OK that I missed those classes.”

The judge was not moved by her tears.

In making her decision, Judge Revel pointed out that Lohan had not been in compliance with a previous drug treatment program. The judge said at that time, Lohan used the paparazzi as an excuse to miss prior education education classes.

“I couldn’t have been more clear,” said Judge Revel. “Nowhere did I say that she could attend classes whenever she felt like it.”

ernie

bla, bla, bla. Yes, the drama continues but is getting extremely boring and worthless.

All of the efforts everyone has displayed in trying to help Lohan has just about been used up.

God will use the courts to decide her fate... the rest is between Him and her.

I continue to pray He will do "whatever it takes" to save this woman. In Jesus name .... amen.

ernie

I don't know why any of you continue to waste your time making comments on this situation.

This is like listening to a broken record. It never seems to get out of that one track... and continues to skip ... skip... skip...

Icey

LMFAO @ db (#85) "Hey Lindsay, did you buy that coat?"

Oh I woke up my daughter I laughed so hard. I like how you roll db.

Nikki

What did I miss? I kind of overslept - but I'm wide awake now!!! I just had a bowl of Lindsay Lohan-brand breakfast cereal (it comes with it's own spoon, but for unknown reasons, that spoon is WAY too small), and boy do I feel energized!!!! I don't know what's in it, but this stuff is like 5 Redbulls!!!!

Posted at 7:25 AM on Mar 9, 2011 by FUTMZ
===============================================================

LOVES IT!!!!

lou

LMFAO @ db (#85) "Hey Lindsay, did you buy that coat?"

Oh I woke up my daughter I laughed so hard. I like how you roll db.

Posted at 7:59 AM on Mar 9, 2011 by Icey'

----

Me too! Sure wish you WERE a pap and could ask her that.

Lindsay: Uh, well, I got it from a friend. No, actually, a fan just gave it to me. But I had it for years and years, ignore the price tag. But Dina actually picked it out and has it on layaway even though I'm wearing it. It's Ali's. What coat?

---------

"Meyers was ruthless when grilling Rehab co-owner Cheryl Marshall, who confirmed that she did not report any of Lohan’s absences to the court. Meyers testified that she did not believe it was her responsibility to report Lohan’s absences. Meyers said she worried that she would be held liable for violating Lohan’s rights."

I believe the use of Meyers SHOULD be "Marshall" in the second and third usage of the name. Interesting that Marshall was "worried that she'd be held liable (sued by Dina? threatened by her? smeared by her?) for violating Lindsay's rights." That family has fear and intimidation tactics down pat.

And finally, it says a LOT when the most religious person on the site washes his hands of you.

lou

G'day, FUTMZ! That last posting was a laugh! Sadly, pretty accurate summation of a lot of our judicial system too, it would seem.

Interesting note: "Susan" turns up in tons and tons of media comments, braying about how innocent Lindsay is. Seems a bit unlikely that even Dina can juggle that many different sites. Are the other Lohan kids also posting Dina's "Susan" comments, or is she paying people to post as Susan?

Davey Boy

Lou,

I agree Susan seems eerily like a Lohan to me.

Shea

If she goes to trial, she stands a chance of being aquitted if only 1 juror caves.
Plus, she will get world wide free publicity for many months.

~db~

OK, I was riding the crest of creative juices from FUTMZ and Lou and put the finishing touches on this. Might have to rent it this weekend for a few laughes.

---

Remember that -great- movie "Weekend at Bernie's" where that man falls over dead and the rest of the movie the two guys prop him up in various situations to provide the appearance that he's alive, but in reality...deceased.

THAT'S what Dina has been doing with Lindsay's "career" for the past three years! Dina's been driving that stiff old thing around LA with the top down, propping it up against the cold, cold walls of an indifferent Tinsletown, sprinkling some makeup on the failing facade, but...

The curtain has closed. The patrons have gone home and there are no shouts of an encore past the echoing stage.

Dina can try and resuscitate the corpse of Lindsay's career with irrelevant sound bites of supposed roles in Superman, but the rigor mortis or Lindsay's self-absorbed criminal behavior has set in.

What's dead is dead.

Katz

How much more do we have to hear about this pig? Please stop, she's a nobody now! Send her to jail where she belongs and lets move on!

Lou

I'm just going to watch today, If there are some comments from "the rock" that sound like me, I wanted to tell you that it's not me. I don't feel the need to leave a hundred comments today, and just going to watch and not say anything.

Kathy

Fantastic! There is not a jury on earth (let alone a single person unless they have been living in a cave for the past 5 years), who won't find her GUILTY!! This way she will get more jail time, and in a State facility as opposed to a local county jail!! She is not OJ, she has no fan base!

William

Nod in the negative? WTF. Do you know what nod means?

bootsy

#108 - Love that one FUTMZ!