Chuck Lorre: Rob Lowe's An Interesting Replacement!

3/8/2011 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Two and a Half Men" creator Chuck Lorre has had meetings about producing "Two and a Half Men" without Charlie Sheen, and Chuck's people have been talking to Rob Lowe, TMZ has learned.

Rob Lowe Replace Charlie Sheen

Sources connected with Lorre tell us ... the mega-producer has been holding internal meetings about keeping the show going.  Various options have been discussed, and they have a short list of replacements for Charlie's character.

Our sources say ... Lorre's people as well as honchos from Warner Bros. have been in touch with Rob's agent at William Morris-Endeavor, talking about Rob possibly coming onboard.

There are two stumbling blocks for Rob -- he currently stars in "Parks and Recreation," and he grew up with the Sheen family.

No decisions have been made yet, but it looks like there's a real interest in keeping "Men" alive.

UPDATE: Ashton Kutcher.

0308_rob_lowe_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Wishes

I think he would be a perfect replacement!!

kas

Hasn't Hollywood learned that "replacing" a character is instant death for a show?

Screw Charlie Sheen, I want to see THE BERTA SHOW!!!

netluger

Have to admit RL is a pretty good choice. I watched it for Berta's humor anyway.

Made it Past 27

john stamos!

Disbelief...

What a great choice. I was racking my brain trying to figure out who in the hell could possibly take the place of the now insane Chuckles. I hope this happens. This is such a great show, I'd like to see it keep going.

Tracy

Perfect! My love for Rob Lowe knows no bounds. :)

14Lola

I LOVE the Rob Lowe idea!!!! I saw him recently on Cali*********** and he was HOT!!!! Better than Charlie Sheen EVER was!!!!

Amy

Love, love, love me some Rob Lowe. But not in this part. Don't do it, Rob.

Cindy

I would not watch the show without Sheen. Everyone I know says the same thing. Wouldn't be the same at all. He is the show.

Manuela Kay

Great choice, in my opinion! I'll definitely watch it..Robert Lowe is super handsome and talented ;)

Aimee

NFW. I will NEVER EVER watch that show w/o Charlie Sheen. Charlie Sheen is right. Lorre is a troll.

Stiletto

Screw Charlie...take the gig Rob!

siennagold

Yup Robe Lowe and John Stamos are very good choices!

zb

I agree...perfect replacement! Even though I was never a fan of the show..it really was just a bio on Charlie Sheen and would prefer they just kill it...I like it! Go for it.

LMB

Interesting choice. I think it could work. Rob is kind of a bad boy, although he's gotten himself straightened out, I think he could pull it off. Forget Charlie Sheen. I've had enough of him. Why doesn't someone get him into a 72-hour hold??

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments