Mel Gibson Sentence -- The Chris Brown Factor

3/11/2011 8:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Although Chris Brown's name was never mentioned in Mel Gibson's hearing today -- Brown's sentence may have been a factor in determining Mel's fate.

0311_oksana_rihanna_TMZ_WM

One of the reasons Mel didn’t get jail time is because the L.A. County District Attorney has to show  some kind of consistency in their plea bargains.  Chris Brown's case is notable because he pled guilty to felony assault -- for beating the crap out of Rihanna -- and was sentenced to 5 years probation ... no time behind bars.

Even if Mel did knock Oksana's veneers out -- something he has not admitted -- it would be impossible to justify sending Mel to jail and Chris to community service.

Do you agree?

Tellthetruth59

@Irish - people smelled something fishy and they dug. Happens every day. Nothing wrong with that. They are to be admired for their tenacity. As Stacy said, the media certainly didn't do their job. That's obvious.

lee

You know what im tired of chris and rihanna being the poster children for dv
They were both very young and what happened should have never happened,and i am making no excuses for chris because he was wrong
but to compare a case against a then 19 year old against a know Grown ass, racist,abusive,******* like mel gibson is ****
Chris was a first time offender gibson just like charlie sheen have a history of that but because they are white they get cut a break #yeahisadit

vexed

I am incredibly saddened that anyone who has heard those tapes would defend Mel Gibson. It is a fact that men who use such violent speech, are the most inclined to commit acts of domestic violence. "At least 101 women died at the hands of husband, boyfriend or ex in 2009." Why would a celeb be thought of as anything other than just another human who is also capable of such things? Stop defending people just because you idolize them.

And I am disgusted that apparently in L.A. it is perfectly ok to beat and even kill a woman (Mel,Chris,OJ,etc.), but do some stupid drugs (which only hurt yourself) and face jail time....so long as you have fame and fortune on your side.

irish35

@Irish - I never did dig up crap on Ox. I tried to stick to the facts of this case. I read most of what was posted and clicked on links when I felt like it. I understand why others did find her past so interesting and most of the stuff they dug up was legit. This woman does have a past. I think the past is more sordid than what was available on the internet. I'll bet those LASD files and what was found on Ox's computer are smoking hot. The people that found her past so interesting should not be discredited. It's an intriguing case and she is a very interesting person. Very intriguing. Very interesting.

Posted at 4:37 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by Tellthetruth59

But what does/did her personal past have to do with the criminal case? You know I don't think she's a good person, but I based that on her present behavior and actions. God forbid anyone go digging up my past when I was in my early 20's and teens. Like George Clooney said, I, well it's better left unsaid, and in the past. You know too, that I believe Mel to be guilty of DV. But I didn't go digging up personal crap on these people for 10 months and posting it to destroy either one.

Tell, I've actually like most of what you've said, even if I don't agree with most of it. But you come off as pretty rational and sane to me. Some team mel do not.

anonym

TMZ get real !! Chris Brown actually punched Rihanna and she reported it immediately. Mel did not punch Oksana, he only slapped her to stop her from shaking a baby.

TMZ knows Oksana's photos are fake but they keep lying anyway !
I guess Mel's attempt to avoid a trial gives the dishonest media more ammunition to lie and lie.

The more TMZ lies the more determined I am to boycott this website and everything involved with Time Warner in the future.

Posted at 4:29 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by Stacy

Stacy, I am with you. But it's not over yet.WE have to post the truth evry artical.I hope FBI is
contuening their investigation

Fidel's niece

Vexed,

OJ had a black jury that found him not guilty
of KILLING 2 white people
(his ex wife Nicole and her male friend)-

how can you compare that case to this one?

***Team Mel***

Tellthetruth59

Posted at 4:44 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by irish35
--------------------------------

Her past has a lot to do with what happened to Mel. She has a history of extorting and using wealthy men. She has filed many lawsuits. She's not a delicate Russian flower that stumbled into Mel's life inadvertently. She's a predator. Her history proves that. Mel has some solid fans. They've been fans for a long time. I can see why they feel pissed and want to get to the bottom of things. I never thought I'd give Mel Gibson this much thought in my entire life lol! But this is a crime and I am a crime buff and I can't keep away because this is a very, very interesting case. It's going to get much more interesting too. JMO.

Mike

Mel should have received probation on the merits of his case alone...not because Chris Brown caught a break. How many brothers got probation because Lindsey or Charley Sheen caught a break? You best believe it wasn't many...if any.

Stacy

Mel should knock the whores head clean off. The world wound not miss one less Russia whore. Her teeth fold back automatically to allow better access to the dic** going down her throat.

Posted at 4:51 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by ??
------------------------------------------------

Oh my goodness, you sound like someone from Oksana's team.

Team Mel is much nicer than that. We don't talk like that.

Fidel's niece

Irish35,

what planet you live on?

Ok$ana is a public figure,
anybody, anywhere can post
everything about her...

Get real! if she did not want
publicity, she should have married a plumber,
not get involved with famous men.
(Gibson, Dalton, David Foster...)

She is a fame whore who can't stay away
from the cameras...
Jason (from TMZ) said today he was shocked
not to see her in the courthouse today,
since she likes to"insert herself in every shot"
with Mel...Jason's words.

***Team Mel***

irish35

@Tell;
addressing her history; Maybe it's all true about her. But maybe it's 50% gossip and only half true. Maybe this has taught her that this isn't the way to go in life to get security. She looks like she has suffered as much if not more than Mel in this, and her looks are showing it, as are his. I do not like either one. I think they both are really messed up. She should be in court ordered therapy as well for that babies sake. But if you are going to judge someone on their history, then you have to judge Mel too. Just because Robyn claims he never struck her, well, who really knows the truth. Do you think she would tell that. They are the same age as my sister, a generation of women who were stay at home mom's who didn't air their business or marriages to anyone. Read all these novels coming out about marriages in the 60's/70's and the secretes these families had, that they kept in the family.
As I said, I don't care about he domestic stuff, just the domestic violence. And I believe Mel belted her good, I believe he chased her ass all over that house, foaming at the mouth, cause he admitted in a statement that he was on HGH at the time, and you know how that stuff is.

irish35

Anyway, I am glad this is over, at least for me it is. The team mel folks can keep those fires burning if they want, and God help that poor ol horse who's been beat to death to the point he's now dog food. As for me, I am getting ready for Spring/Summer, my favorite shows on Showtime and HBO, long walks with the doggy, and sipping on my strawberry Daiquiri's. For those truly obsessed fans, who are going to go through withdraw, step away from the computer, go outside, eat some chocolate and chill.

Charlie Sheen's Watch

Go team Mel!

Rhianna and her buddy boyfriend are both losers - vile degenerates.

Anyone think Oksana looks like a retarded pig?

Diane

It is a sad commentary on the world when others are so quick to judge Oksana, especially after hearing the vile language and abusive behavior Mel showed in his tapes. Does someone have to be bloodied to constitute abuse? No. Abuse comes in many and varied forms. I have lived through it. The unfortunate fact is that so many people still condone the abuse of a woman, depending on who the woman is; if you don't like her or her lifestyle is less than desirable, she deserves to be hit. What rot. All I can say is, to those of you on 'team mel', I hope it's never your daughter that's the victim. I guarantee you would be singing a different tune.

Tellthetruth59

@Irish - that's your perception of how things went down and you are entitled to your opinion. We all are. I don't think it is fair that those that aren't buying Ox's tales of terror are made to feel foolish. Gibson's wife is a tough cookie. You don't stay married to a movie star for 28+ years and raise 7 children (6 BOYS) because you are a wuss. She wouldn't put up with physical abuse, IMO. I think she got tired of the fishbowl of Hollywood, Mel's temperament and the DUI was the last straw before their daughter's wedding. I would bet they would have found their way back to one another eventually since Mel has been on the wagon for the past 4 years. Now... I don't know. It's a shame but I do believe and from what I've heard they are still very friendly. You don't stay friends with a crazed abuser. The only crazed abuser in this pic is Ox, IMO.