Pregnant Jewel

Involved in NASTY Two-Car Crash

3/11/2011 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jewel -- who announced she was pregnant two months ago -- was involved in a two-car collision this morning in Texas ... but thankfully, we're told the singer -- and her baby -- are doing fine.

Jewel Car Accident

Sources at the scene tell TMZ ... the accident occurred at around 11 AM CT in Stephenville, Texas. We're told a volunteer fire truck smashed into the passenger side of Jewel's car (see photo below).

According to Jewel's rep, "The singer was taken to the hospital and current medical tests conducted indicate that she and the baby are doing fine."

0311_jewel_crash_asset
Story developing...

0816_crash_footer

Celebrities Suck

I'm glad they did not get hurt, thank god.

I'm sure it's because the Texans don't know how to drive. Have you ever been to Texas? Trust me they don't KNOW how to drive. If it says 60 mph and you're going 60 mph the idiot behind you will tailgate. They are also angry drivers. They don't use there signal lights so you have to assume that the guy in front of you is going to make a left or a right. They drive like maniacs, if it says 60 mph they will drive 70 on the highway and or the road sides if it says 30 they will drive 40 to 50 mph... warning Texas don't know how to fcking drive.

R

After an investigation, whoever is guilty should suffer the consequences. I am sick and tired of stupid drivers.

Heidi

I definitely think there will be more to this story. There seems to be a lot of damage to the front end of the car, considering she was hit on the passenger side. Something doesn't add up.

Rotter

Day-am! I would expect whiplash side effects in about a week.

Tall Blonde

I love you Jewel and you are and your family are in my prayers.

TexasAnn

I have never been anywhere that people know how to drive, and I've driven in every one of the 48 states. In Texas, everyone knows that if the speed limit is 60 mph on the highway, you are spotted 9 mph by the DPS. In fact, you are much more suspicious if you don't speed.

What I wonder is what was she doing in a podunk town like Stephenville? And I live in a different poducnk Texas town.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

bet she was talking on a cell phone ot texting..damn woman drivers....why did we ever decide to let them vote

SweetPea

lol midnight toker
Well she is bare-foot and pregnant.... lmao

supahJ

Dang! Where's the fire?

Wildhorses

TexasAnn ... she and Ty live outside Stephenville, Texas.

FlamingoNut

Was the FD responding to a call? Were the sirens on? Did she simply fail to hear it? Too much missing from this story...

lou

Holy crow, that was one nasty accident! Hope you and the baby are fine, Jewel. Good idea to have gone to the hospital for a quick check up. Be well!

1luv

That looks like a pick up that has been retrofitted to be a fire truck. Did it even have a siren? Anywho…I’m glad everyone is safe.

BTW - I don’t understand the front end damage…I thought the truck ran into the passenger side door. Did they hit something else?

TxGal

According to the news in Stephenville, the truck was responding to a fire on Hwy 67. Looks like the city girl failed to yield to an emergency vehicle.

andy

Thank goodness, that it was a "passenger" side impact, rather than the "driver" side, or this might be a completely different type of posting . . .

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments