'Graduate' Star -- My Daughter Tried to Kill Me

3/11/2011 6:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Katharine Ross -- who starred as the young Miss Robinson in "The Graduate" -- is living in fear of a person who stabbed her with scissors ... and according to Katharine, the alleged culprit is her own daughter.

0310_katherine_ross_getty_husband_ex

Katharine -- who's married to actor Sam Elliott -- filed court documents saying her 26-year-old daughter Cleo threatened to kill her during a violent outburst last week.

According to the docs, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Katharine and Cleo were at the family home in Malibu on March 2, when Cleo "suddenly lost her temper and began to threaten me. She said, 'I want to kill you.'"

Katharine says she tried to call the police, but Cleo took a pair of scissors and cut the phone line -- and then "jabbed" Katharine in the arm at least 6 times ... drawing blood.

Katharine claims her daughter has been physically violent and verbally abusive since she was 12 or 13 years old.

A judge granted a restraining order against Cleo -- ordering her to move out of the family home and stay at least 100 yards away from her mother.

A formal hearing is set for March 30.

treyc

They are such a private couple, this must be torture for them. She had her daughter late in life. I wonder if a child's mental issues have anything to do with how old your parent's were when
you have kids. They say, the older the man is, the likely his child will have bipolar or other issues.
Sam must have been 40 when his daughter was born, so who knows?

Clinical

I'd bet a million Cleo was diagnosed as Bipolar two but is really a Borderline or cluster B personality disorder.
Who still lives at home at 26 when your parents can pay your rent while you work and live as independently as you can? I'm just thinking the economy is horrible so they would likely be willing to help her with rent, but make her work doing something. This anger/personality issue has been going on from age 12? Yikes- that’s personality disorder. Bipolars do well on medication- really well.
Sheen has the underlying Narcissism that's the problem- not so much the Bipolar. Narcissists get to do drugs- they have a "disease".

treyc

Clinical, I don't think she is bipolar. Must be something worse if she actually tried to kill her mother. Why wasn't Cleo put in a 5150 hold? Why is Katherine just doing something now? If she detected this behaivor since childhood, they should have done something then.

HellNJoy

Okay, Katharine's 70, the daughter's 26. If the daughter were trying to kill her, she'd be dead. What am I missing her?

Evangeline

Truly sad to note that Katherine Ross's one and only daughter will attack her....Cleo needs a psychiatrist assessment and treatment.A spoil brat needs to be chemically restraint Hope Katherine and Sam will help her to seek psychiatric treatment. I truly adore this couple,though I haven't met them in person. I am an avid fan since I was in the Philippines in the 70's. I am permanently residing in Victoria,Australia. I still collect and gather some old movies of Katherine and Sam.

Evangeline

Definitely,this young lady needs help,pschiatric referral. Who would want to kill your own mother? It's truly sad.I just hope Katherine Ross will find something to help her to resolve this emotional crisis in her life.

Joanne

I wanted to be Katherine Ross after watching her role in the Graduate.. she was so beautiful and very talented actress.... I'm sad to hear her only daughter is mentally unstable and did in fact harm her mother.. God help this family... (in real life believed that I too would have a baby in my 40's.. never happened) maybe it's a blessing in disguise...

Evangeline

I have always adored Katherine Ross and happy too that she was eventually blessed with good husband. When she had her child in her forties,I have truly believed what such a blessing in life.I hope Katherine and Sam will help their one and only daughter to seek psychiatric help.

Vickie

Just goes to show, no family is perfect.............

bonnie

When I first saw Katherine in the movies, I wanted to grow up to be like her-then she married Sam-I wanted to BE her. Seriously-I hope this girl gets the help she needs, before it is too late for all of them.

Paul Smith

Remember her in Colo so long ago reminded me much of one of my daughters. Sorry it came to this thoughts and prayers with you always PHS

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3