Steven Tyler: Just Say No

... to Singing Aerosmith

3/12/2011 9:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

You might think Steven Tyler would consider it a compliment if an "American Idol" contestant performed one of his classic Aeromsmith songs on the show.  Think again ...

0312_steven_tyler_video_ex_tmz

efnsteve

He's right, don't even try. You will fail miserably.

youtheman

Oh let them sing Steven. Your show could use the ratings. Maybe you afraid that your song will sound better than you are doing.

Lisa

How can a man that age still be SOOOOO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn!

stereogirl

Seriously? Need the ratings? Idol's doing great! Wouldn't be surprised if they sounded better. I love Tyler and Aerosmith, but he really can't sing.

Ana712

There's no chance of them doing a better job. even professional singers who have tried to cover suck at singing aerosmith, the only one who can nail those songs is steven tyler himself.

Ana712

also, "can't sing" really? because last time i heard, when Paul Mccartney was being honored at the white house, out of all singers who pewrformed his songs, steven tyler was the only one who got a standing ovation from paul and the audience.

smb

I LOVE HIM!!!!! So cool that the young chicks do, too!

Hey Now

I love him too. & yes he can sing

Ben from Baltimore

They would probably screw it up. I have yet to see a remake of a song that sounded as good or better than the original. The Black Eyed Peas butchered (I've Had) The Time Of My Life off of the Dirty Dancing soundtrack, and I am surprised that the Peas didn't get an award for Worst Remake Of The Year. My friend Krystal tried to do I Don't Want To Miss A Thing off of the Armageddon movie soundtrack on a karaoke machine that was connected to her TV and stereo system and she was good, but not Steven Tyler good.

HH

Not only can Steven Tyler sing, but he's the hottest rock and roll guy out there. I love me some Steven

CriticAl

James Durbin and Lauren Alaina both have already done "Don't Want To Miss A Thing". Tyler's brain is shot from all the drugs.

ELIJAH JOON - Author

Dude looks like a lady.

Luckydog

I thought he sounded good when he sang with Lauren Alaina.
Have you seen the website where she is trying to raise money for her family?
It looks like they have some good stuff.

Justice

I HATE THIS POSER! HE'S A POSER AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN.
HATE HIM. HATE HIM. HATE HIM. HATE HIS HAIR, HATE HIS VOICE. HATE THE WAY HE DRESSES. HATE HIS WHOLE PERSONA. HE DOES NOT REPRESENT ROCK AND ROLL AND NEITHER DOES HIS BAND.
AEROSMITH HAS ALWAYS BEEN A ROLLING STONES WANNA BE BAND AND THEY ARE A POOR IMITATION. TYLER HAS ALWAYS BEEN A MICK JAGGER WANNA BE.
WITNESS MICK JAGGER SINGING AT THE GRAMMIES AND EVEN THOUGH IMHO HE WASN'T THAT GREAT, HE STILL HAD THE WHOLE CROWD MESMERIZED. HE OWNED THE STAGE. TYLER COULD NEVER EVER EVER EVER PULL THAT OFF BY HIMSELF ON STAGE. LETS SEE TYLER GET UP ON THE AMERICAN IDOL STAGE AND TEST HIS CHOPS. THE DUDE HAS NOTHING. HE REPRESENTS NOTHING. Give it up tyler and go back to whatever rock you crawled out from under.

mr attitude

@ #12, CriticAl... I believe Steven is referring to songs that were written by Aerosmith. "Don't Want To Miss A Thing" was written by Diane Warren.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments