'Smallville' Star -- Court-Ordered Champagne Shower

3/13/2011 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

He's out on bail facing 20 years in prison -- but ex-"Smallville" actor Sam Jones still needs to work ... which is why an LA court granted him permission to party in Mexico this week with his Playmate GF.

0311_samjones_EX

Sources close to the actor tell TMZ, Sam was paid to appear at Dady'O Nightclub in Cancun Thursday night -- alongside his GF Karissa Shannon and her twin sis Kristina -- and in Hollywood ... that counts as a real job.

But Sam couldn't just hop a plane and fly south of the border ... the guy is awaiting sentencing for his massive drug trafficking case -- scheduled for June -- and technically isn't allowed to leave the country.

So he did what any other actor in his position would do -- he filed papers with the federal court in L.A. asking for a special dispensation ... on the grounds that he needed the money ... and the court actually GRANTED it.

FYI -- the photo above is from the actual event. Celebrity justice at its finest.

Cartman

It's a shame that bimbo Karissa got hooked up with a dope-dealing wanna be.

Who ever said you had to have any brains to be a playmate?

Truth

AT LEAST HE DINT SHOPLIFT LIKE LINDSAY... TRUTH!!

mija

Oh great, the twins found another way of inking money out of someone. It's bad enough they killed the ratings for Girls Next Door. Can't they just go away?

Bubbajk

OK, I see no issue with letting him work and make money, but letting him out of the country? Hello - he has already been convicted - when he returns, no maybe, he is going to jail. What are the odds of his returning? Guess it depends on whether he been sampling his own product.

mondo

He's enjoying a Pre-Gang Rape Party before he goes to his new home!!!

kp

If that was me I don't know if I would return so I could go to jail for 20 years, being some one's bitch or being passed around since he will be a novelity in prison. I KNOW I WOULD NOT BE BACK FOR THAT KIND OF LIFE IN DA BIG HOUSE.

Lori

ALL three are waste of skin...

Superman

Yeah, and would any regular, blue-collar working stiff be granted permission to leave the country for a money-making opportunity if he was facing 20 years in prison for drug-trafficking! Absolutely, not!!!! Which tells me that his criminal case is already being swept under the rug somewhere by some weak, hypocritical, unjust judge!

Nostradamus

If I was facing 10yrs in prison, I'd do the same damn thing.
Except I wouldn't come back.
And I wouldn't stay in Mexico.

KC

he's making a run for it!

jase

Damn son twins can I have one of them. Maybe both will you upstate.

Tim

So the moron get areseted on a drug bust & has to do crap like this when he could of come back for the Smalville finally. IDIOT !!