Rock Legend Arrested for OD'ing in Front of Son

3/14/2011 3:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Social Distortion" drummer Casey Royer was arrested in Orange County last week -- after the 52-year-old punk legend allegedly OD'd on heroin in front of his 12-year-old son.

Casey Royer
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Casey was watching TV with his son when he experienced an overdose ... at which point his son ran next door for help ... and the neighbors called cops.

According to law enforcement, his house was littered with garbage and drug paraphernalia -- including needles -- when police arrived.

Casey -- who currently sings for the punk band D.I. -- was immediately hospitalized nearby and survived. He was arrested soon after.

Casey was officially charged today -- with one count of child endangerment, and one count of being under the influence of heroin. He's currently being held on $120,000 bail.

0311_celebrity_mug_shots_mel_footer

Doug

I know this guy and he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Too bad all you idiots choose to slam him because I am sure you are all perfect, aren't you? Y

I hope Casey is able to get the help he needs, as he was sober last time I saw him 2 weeks ago.

Ray

long live rock, be it dead or alive

The Situation

NOW THATS PUNK ROCK!!!

messenger69

I nominate Casey Royer for President 2014!!

spam

He was in Social D. for only a short time. He was in The Adolescents longer and left that band to form D.I.

Glory Bee

We still glorifying drugged out musicians? Really?

LBjim

What an a#$hole!..plus ROCK LEGEND!!??........ I know my music really well and I have never heard of this fool! TMZ, he is no Rock Legend, just a rock head!!

Darla

Why drag Social D's name into this. Obviously the guy is a has been. And he hasn't been in SxDx in over 30 years! Mike Ness would never put up with these kinds of antics nowadays. He'd be fired from the band.

Karen Larsen

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Did CPS step in yet????

tlynn

65. Conservatives Are Cowards is it? Dude, the only loser here is the loser in the picture! Of course if they put your picture next to his, then we'd have two losers!! What kind of idiot shoots heroin in front of his kid? This kid will never be the same again, because of what he saw and went through! Did this child deserve this? His father is a "Loser Legend", a selfish bastard for jeopardizing his 11 year old son!!

TXLady

Rock LEGEND? I've never heard of him or his band so calling this worthless piece of trash a legend is a huge stretch don't ya think??

janie

This wasn't a relapse. Your house isn't full of trash and needles because you relapsed. This is a hard core addict who cares more about heroin than his son. Nice going, *******. Poor kid-Alanon, little dude. Alanon. Quick as you can.

Cujeaux

Eww, the guy looks like one of those sad circus clowns. Hope his kid is placed in a good home.

BozoGottaProblem

For the record: Casey is a PUNK ROCK legend. He was in the original Adolescents, Social Distortion & formed D.I. and is one of those that started the OC punk rock sound that is still imitated everywhere today.

This is real unfortunate, he is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.

As for the 'clown' references, yes he also sings w/ the Yeastie Boys.

kim

I CAN RELATE to this story 100% !! My ex-husband died of a cocaine overdose in front our son, while driving a car & ALMOST ran over his next-door neighbor. After I tried so hard to convince the Courts he was a crack-head, the courts STILL gave him visitation. SO DON'T BLAME the mom, she might have tried to no avail. God Bless his son & guide him to have strength to overcome such tragedy. AND then get the child out of the drug den & let the father die... MY ADVISE, JUST SAYING