'Big Love' Star Identity Crisis

I'm Changing My Name!

3/18/2011 4:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Big Love" star Ginnifer Goodwin -- whose REAL first name is actually spelled "Jennifer" -- wants to make her stage name official ... and she just filed papers with an L.A. court to make it happen.

0318_ginnifer_doc_launch_EX
The actress filed the docs yesterday in L.A. County Superior Court -- requesting that a judge legally change her name from "Jennifer" to her professional name, stat ... but she'll have to wait a couple more months before it's official.

When it comes down to it, she's a real G.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

seriously who cares

john5oregon

Who cares.

Almost

Slow news day ? Who gives a damn????

messenger69

I would like to hear her say my name.

Messenger! Messenger! Messeger!

writenow

Jeez.....it sure is Friday! Guys...if you don't have news....just leave it alone.

friday friday gettin down on friday

im going to change my name ro Bigdik mcphukz III. wanna laugh go here > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbbuYvDMPAQ <.... when snooki makes a sex tape i will commit suicide!.

Carl

Always a wise move to change your name from the standard spelling to an unusual one. Why make easy on yourself when dealing with the rest of the world when you can instead have to spell your name to everyone and still have half of them get it wrong.

jabby

I wouldn't know who she is regardless of the spelling.

urbusted

I don't know why, but I hate it when people insist on having "unique" spellings of common names. Irritates me. If your parents spelled it like that, fine...but as an adult to change the spelling of your name is arrogant. It's like announcing to the world...I am so special!

metro2176

She has become a bit odd. She also insists on wearing wigs for roles- doesn’t like to style her own hair for a character, says the wigs help her get into the part... Maybe some of Chloe Sevigny's kookiness has rubbed off on her.

But I agree, boring...

Puckett

How stupid. I hope everyone between now and the day she dies misspells her name when they write it down.

So much so that when asked her name she always has to introduce herself as "Jennifer with a G" in order for them to get it right. Would serve her right for making such a silly name change. lol

sauceyjack

This is almost as bad as legally changing your name to Miley.

justsaying

Who is she dating? sam ronson?

Sarafina

What a stupid way of spelling Jennifer. I keep wanting to say Gin-ah-fer...

zzyzx

TMZ, you have finally Jumped the Shark. You realize you just did a story on 2 letters?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments