Robert Downey Jr. & Mel Gibson:

Double-Double Date

3/21/2011 3:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robert Downey Jr. and Mel Gibson got together for a friendly celebrity power lunch yesterday, but it didn't go down at one of those super-expensive Hollywood joints -- they got burgers at In-N-Out ... TMZ has learned.

Mel Gibson and Robert Downey Jr.
The old friends found themselves out in Irvine, CA when the hunger pangs hit -- so they went to every West Coasters favorite fast food spot.

According to a witness, they each ordered a Double-Double combo meal and dined with a third person, non-celebrity. They were joined by a friend, who did the ordering for them.

BTW -- We know the pic is blurry, but we've confirmed  ... it's definitely them.

No word on why the two were in Irvine together, but we're told it definitely wasn't for a movie.

Fidel's niece

La Times article comments are ripping Cooley and
O$kanky, several people saying she should be deported.

Where is Harvey - playing darts?

TMZ and Harvey are loosing it...

Harvey should post det. Wagner's letter,
so the world can see O$kanky assisted by
Eric George in the extortion =
("bare knuckle legal negotiation").

DA is a corrupt, arrogant bastard.

and incompetent to boot...

1/ Failed to get Polanski extradited from Switzerland

2/ Failed to get a murder conviction against Phil Spector in the first trial, finally got it in the second trial

3/ Failed in getting a conviction against Robert Blake for the murder of his wife Bonnie Lee Blakeley

Cooley filed 4 felony charges, led a team of 8 prosecutors
in prosecuting Winona Ryder for shoplifting $ 5,500 worth of clothing

YET

Cooley DOES NOT think that Ok$ana/Eric George's
"bare knuckle legal negotiating"/extortion
to get 20 mill from Mel Gibson is a crime?

It boggles the mind...

***Team Mel***

Harley

that should be FallOUT shelter

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Sam, I beg you :o _ don't take the bait! lol!
Imagine ... same crap for the NEXT 24hrs! :)))))))))))
Someone ought to spend some time with real people ..
I never though I would say this but 'under the new cir***stances' I am beginning to miss Mo, Yo, Flo - even that would be a relief hahahahaha

Posted at 12:53 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by champix_o

Not to fear: I wasn't. I just wanted to point it out.

Fud: are you trying to distract me? LOL! I went with the Cuisinart Brewing Station. A simple pot for sure--but I like it and because of the funnel shaped filters it is saving coffee. A big plus. I'll know more in a year.....:P

champix_o

Posted at 12:58 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by sugart*ts
=============================================================

One of the comments
--------------------
Lucia, whatever happens, loses. In fact, maybe she's the biggest loser here.
Posted by: Nan | March 22, 2011 at 12:22 PM

How very true. And how very sad.
With a mother like Ox things can only get worst ..

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Posted at 12:53 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by champix_o

I forgot this part: She'll be back to pump that ego up as soon as her hinny doesn't hurt from her reeming in court yesterday :)

pinkpanther

Pinkpanther...I find the timing of this interesting. I don't think there was any deal-making as far as Mel pleading no contest, and then the extortion charges being dropped. I think Mel's attorneys made a strategic move here. I don't think this was simply a matter of Mel protecting his family and Alexander, although I am sure he thought of it. The fact is, once a civil suit is filed, then Mel's family and Alexander will be brought in, and then what? It sure doesn't sound like he is going to be willing to settle now. He offered to settle back in May 2010, and did.

I do find it interesting that supposedly DA Cooley was very, very involved in the case, but then took off for a vacation before making an announcement. I thought an announcement was supposed to come at the same time on both cases from the DA.

I also find it interesting that in one LA Times article that the lead investigator supposedly did not make a recommendation as to extortion, but yet, with the new LA Times article, a recommendation for extortion was made. Someone is not telling the truth here. It can't be both ways. Either a recommendation was made for extortion or it wasn't.

Also, as I pointed out, the LASD brought in legal experts about the difference between negotiation and extortion, so it is obvious that the LASD was very thorough in their investigating.

We have read that the LASD and the DA were in conflict over this and I believe I understand better now. It's all about politics and big money contributions that matter; not justice.

Posted at 11:57 AM on Mar 22, 2011 by fuddyduddy

fuddyduddy

I share your views, nothing about how this has gone down seems right. What is it, the wild west out there? Corruption rampant?
Hopefully Mel and BB have things in the works to get the justice he rightly deserves.

Curious

I was wondering about the statute of limitation regarding extortion. In CA, statutes depend upon length of imprisonment with certain crimes, like murder, having no limitation at all.

Under CA penal code, extortion is -
--Extortion is typically charged as a felony, punishable by up to four years in the California State Prison and by a maximum $10,000 fine.--

So criminal statute of limitation would be 1 year, it starts -
--statutory periods do not begin until offense is or should have been discovered--

The way I'm reading that, it gives a little lee way as to when the statute started. It could be during the May mediation or when Mr. Mel filed formal charges.

TMZgossip

hahahhahah @ "fallout shelter"

ya'll crack me up

sugart*ts

Lucia, whatever happens, loses. In fact, maybe she's the biggest loser here.
Posted by: Nan | March 22, 2011 at 12:22 PM

How very true. And how very sad.
With a mother like Ox things can only get worst ..

Posted at 1:22 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by champix_o

Not really because of severability clause in mediation agreement, Lucia forgoes family trust (originated at estimated $10MM per kid) for approximately same bequest honored for her. Agreement only voided Ox's benefits in case of breach because the kid's not responsible. And if there isn't gross squandering, Lucia will be worth alot more at 30 than Hannah was because of compounding of interest. Ox is decidedly prohibited from management of Lucia's trust so all should fare well unless UBS is trustee deciding what constitutes "prudent investment."

It really was a $20MM settlement if you count $3MM spent on Ox's music.

fuddyduddy

Posted at 1:21 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by Sam
Yes, I was! LOL (a hug to you)

That Cuisinart sounds very nice. Mine is a cone shape filter system also. So, in a year you think you'll know more? If we are still here, I'll try to remember to ask! LOL

fuddyduddy

hahahhahah @ "fallout shelter"

ya'll crack me up

Posted at 1:41 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by TMZgossip
So, crack us up and tell us what the three triangles are?

Confused

Well, all the lies and corruption has been put out there for all to see. Kudos to Harriet Ryan for the guts to write this article. I wonder what the next move will be from the DA.

fuddyduddy

Did anyone here write Harriet Ryan at the LA Times?

I did, and I believe that Confused did?

I don't really know how it happens when there is corruption in the DA's office, but could the LA Times articles from the last 24 hours be a a precursor of an investigation into the DA in LA?

I sure hope so, because from what I know, this really seems like an obstruction of justice, along with corruption.

Justice delayed is justice denied...

TMZgossip

hahahhahah @ "fallout shelter"

ya'll crack me up

Posted at 1:41 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by TMZgossip
So, crack us up and tell us what the three triangles are?

Posted at 1:53 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by fuddyduddy
...

it's more fun seeing what ya'll come up with.

get crackbaby on the case!!

sugart*ts

Just don't buy bean cruncher Capresso S series...great coffee & LT guarantee but I would have to shave my head to keep signs of daily electricution subtle. I hope that explains most of my posts.

Previous 15 Comments | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments