Robert Downey Jr. & Mel Gibson:

Double-Double Date

3/21/2011 3:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robert Downey Jr. and Mel Gibson got together for a friendly celebrity power lunch yesterday, but it didn't go down at one of those super-expensive Hollywood joints -- they got burgers at In-N-Out ... TMZ has learned.

Mel Gibson and Robert Downey Jr.
The old friends found themselves out in Irvine, CA when the hunger pangs hit -- so they went to every West Coasters favorite fast food spot.

According to a witness, they each ordered a Double-Double combo meal and dined with a third person, non-celebrity. They were joined by a friend, who did the ordering for them.

BTW -- We know the pic is blurry, but we've confirmed  ... it's definitely them.

No word on why the two were in Irvine together, but we're told it definitely wasn't for a movie.

fuddyduddy

Just had an idea...

I have been focused on the reason being for the mediated agreement to be set aside is because of that confidentiality clause.

BUT...light bulb moment...if OG can get the mediated agreement set asided, which contains reference to the demand letter sent by EG, if the mediated agreement is set aside, would that mean that the demand letter is null and void, too? If mediation is null and void, then it seems the demand letter attached would be null and void, and if there is a hint of extortion, then perhaps all of that would be null and void.

I don't know if that makes sense...I am so tired right now...

Curious

Fuddy -
What about illegal wire tapping and false police report that included child endangerment and assault with a dedly weapon?

Both of those are felonies and neither involve Attorney George at all.

This is very frustrating :(

Whywhywhy

During Mel's sentencing, it was stated she could tape him; I guess that throws out Fed. charges.

Posted at 3:01 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by Confused

Hi Confused.... That is only from the date of the current order forward. It does not give her a "pass" for previously taping him illegally.

Whywhywhy

Just had an idea...

I don't know if that makes sense...I am so tired right now...

Posted at 3:08 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by fuddyduddy

Hi Fuddy... I don't believe that extortion could be considered null and void if the mediated agreement is set aside. The letter represents the definition of extortion and the crime appears to have been committed whether or not the mediated agreement is in place.

What do you think from this perspective?

Confused

fuddy--I understand what you are saying.

fuddyduddy

Curious...I don't know if the illegal wiretapping is going to amount to anything. I know that Realist has stated that a protective order needed to be in place, but I don't recall reading the law that way. OG can record legally NOW, but before, it's my understanding that if you feel that your life is in danger then you can record. Does that mean that you have to go before the judge to get an 'OK' to do that? I dont' think so. What if you don't have time to do that? So, there was the slap, OG reported DV (how many months later?), the DA accepted a West Plea, but the slap was stated in Mel's declaration, so that right there would clear OG of doing anything illegal as far as recording.

False report of a weapon. It's hearsay. Can't do anything on that.

Child endagerment...again, hearsay.

fuddyduddy

Whywhywhy...well, if the mediated agreement were set aside and considered null and void, then I would think anything attached to the mediation would be null. The demand letter is what started the entire process, but if the mediation is considered null and void, then that might void the entire process from start to finish. It's as if the slate were wiped clean.

fuddyduddy

And please...this is just an idea that came to mind. I'm not saying this is the way it is...just an idea, that's all.

Confused

Is bullinging extortion???

Confused

screwed up that spelling---bullying

Confused

Hey guys,

I'm very surprised that we are alone and it isn't Sat. or Sun. Are we being watched.

fuddyduddy

Can anything I say in mediation be used against me in court later?

No. Mediation proceedings are confidential. Anything said during mediation is not admissible in court and cannot be used against you in later legal proceedings.
________________________________________________________________

Maybe this is why OG is not worried about playing those tapes in mediation, or the mention of Mel's career being ruined. This also means that the demand letter (something in writing) would be even more important.

Whywhywhy

Posted at 3:18 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by fuddyduddy

Hi Fuddy, My view would be that just because the mediated contract/agreement would be set aside (in the discussed scenario), that does not mean that the extortion attempt never took place. Even if Mel files a civil case charging extortion, the demand letter should be viable as evidence as it represents the extortion attempt (and intent).

Curious

If Miss Oksana filed a formal complaint of assault with a deadly weapon, knowing it was false, surely they can do something about it.

Le Sigh. Really frustrating.

fuddyduddy

Curious...I'm with you. It's frustrating; it's maddening; and it's very wrong.

Again, OG said there was a weapon; Mel said there wasn't; hearsay -- can't do a thing.

Previous 15 Comments | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments