Michael Lohan Allegedly

Viciously Attacks Kate Major

3/22/2011 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ now knows why Michael Lohan was arrested Monday night on domestic violence charges ... and it involves his ex-girlfriend, Kate Major ... and it appears there was a violent confrontation.

Exclusive

Michael went to his apartment last night -- the one he shared with Kate.  She hasn't lived there for a while and she had dropped by to pick up some of her stuff.

We're told Michael became upset that Kate was packing up for good, and "went ballistic."  They started arguing, and Kate turned her back on him.  She told cops, Michael then grabbed her and threw her across the room.  Kate says she struck the bedpost with her left shoulder.

Kate claims she threatened to call the cops, and then Michael allegedly took a towel and began choking her.  She also claims Michael then threatened to cut himself with a razor blade and tell cops she did it -- if she called police.

Kate went to the Sheriff's sub-station, where cops photographed what we're told are "visible injuries."

TMZ broke the story ... Michael was arrested and booked on inflicting corporal injury on a co-habitant, false imprisonment, and preventing the report of victimization -- all felony charges.

Michael complained of chest pains after the incident and is currently in the hospital.

lou

@therock How was Texas??did you paint the town RED??

Posted at 2:14 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by sean

_____________________________

No doubt he did, as he was staring at the CLOUDS.

Vorlon

@therock How was Texas??did you paint the town RED??

Posted at 2:14 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by sean

_____________________________

No doubt he did, as he was staring at the CLOUDS.

Posted at 2:19 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by lou

And of course he had his girlfriend (I mean Lindsay lookalike blow-up doll) along for the ride.

Jaded

Can we please stop paying attention to this person?

lou

@ Lou and Grannycrackhead are just jealous cause when women are called whores it is more often than not, an accurate description. oh yeah, @LOu, is it true that you're a heshe???

Posted at 4:15 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by therock

__________________________________

Ah, the incredible illogic of the Trollhans. It never ceases to entertain, does it?

lou

Posted at 4:55 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by Vorlon

________________________

Tsk, he didn't beat up the doll, it attacked him savagely by blowing hot air at him. We know this is true because Michael Lohan said so.

cynic

HAHA! I'm a nurse and that's what ALL the inmates claim - chest pain, shortness of breath, etc. Anything to prolong going to jail. He's such a loser!

doglover

Why can't he just die??? A complete waste of human space. Looking forward to his obituary!!! All it will say is "Fame Whore". That's his legacy. Just die already will you???

Chaps

Blowhan needs to keep his hands to himself, and preferably the whole package can go back to NY and stay there!

DONT COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabinowitz The Hebe

I can only imagine the horrible violence that Lindsay and the other kids experienced. You really have to admire Lindsay for all that she has accomplished in life considering the horrible beatings she must have received.

The amazing strength and fortitude that Lindsay exhibits when confronted by all the haters on TMZ just makes me respect her even more. Lindsay and Dina should be spokeswomen for DV victims. I'm sure Lindsay and Dina would be looked upon as heroes and role models by other women.

Jennifer

That Kate isn't much better, she probably provoked the whole thing to get in the news. Why wouldn't she go there when he wasn't home? Why wouldn't she bring someone with her if she knew he would be there? If you are afraid of someone you don't set yourself up unless you want the press.

Posted at 6:34 AM on Mar 22, 2011 by RealityBites

RealityBites - Of course she would go when she thought he wasn't gonna be there...the whole point is to avoid him. I do agree she should have brought somebody with her (a friend or even a police officer) but I'm sure she didn't plan on him choking her and becoming violent. As bad as she comes off in public, I can't imagine anyone wanting something that disturbing to happen just for a few minutes of fame....

I do agree that she shouldn't go on tv shows and say she never expected it (which I'm sure she will do, as many other people's comments have said) given his history with women.

Chaps

Liho could be a spokeswoman like Whitney Houston on the evils of cocaine!

Cracka lack a whore lesbo!

Mr Baxter

Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

Something about the Lohans and not being able to stay out of trouble.

Grandma Cracker

ROCK....Seriously? Grandma Crackerhead? This is suposed to upset me? I think I'll file that one in my second grade insults file right between I Know You Are But What Am I and Poo-Poo-CaCa Face.
Geez......That's all the better you can do?

john smith

Wow looks like the rock drank some bad Jesus juice. I don't think half a dozen ladies would make stuff up. Michael has taken pictures with boxing gloves on and frequently makes a fist for photographs. Most fighters want to fight other men, Michael likes it a little easier. I think he was supposed to have a boxing match with some pseudo celebrity, I can't remember who. I have nothing but bad feelings about Michael wanting to speak to the media about a thousand times over the last 7 years. I mean I haven't heard Tom Cruises parents say anything or Brad Pitts or Robert Downey. Get a life, get a job, pay Dina the child support you owe and stay away from Lindsay. I am so surprised that Lindsay gives this guy 50 chances and he consistently does some major BS to hurt her career by talking away like a moron every chance he gets and consistently being in trouble. Lindsay didn't hire Michael as her publicist so he should feel no need to speak about her. The rock's excuses sound lame, and one can only think that one person would possibly be motivated to stick up for this guy. It may be someone being paid to blog or a close friend, not sure.

WatcherOne

3 felony charges... He's an unending source of pain to his children. Nice going, douche.