The Aflac Duck

Silent But Violent

3/22/2011 9:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

With Gilbert Gottfried fired for his tsunami jokes ... the people at Aflac found a clever way to keep their famous duck alive while they hunt for the replacement voice ... and it's the oldest trick in cinema.032211_aflac_v2_still

TMZ obtained a copy of the new Aflac commercial -- a re-edit of a 2006 spot -- and even though the duck gets hits by a frickin' train ... we're told he'll live on ... and a new voice will be selected soon.

Quack. Quack. Quack.

DaniB

Brilliant.

Stephen

This is hilarious! Check out this hilarious video too! It's not controversial though...

mannequin

It just doesn't seem right. Things will never be the same anymore. There's no use in watching TV, I think I'll have my cable turned off. I am sad for the duck, Gilbert and me.

reverbCubby

Duh, Winning... I'm sure Charlie Sheen is available, or kate Gosselin, or Sarah Palin

en Todo Momento!!

maybe they should have like a real sexy erotic sounding aflac duck voice next. i mean it might sell more than some stale ol man's grump.

brenda

Great use of a commercial already in the can.
A quick edit and voila!

BTW, Gilbert is and always will be the Aflac Duck
Accept no facsimiles, no matter how "good" they sound.

weird al yankovich

I lost all respect for aflac even though they're an insurance company meaning they're the enemy anyways but now I look at them as desperate for attention and that really is the only reason they did what they did. Those people can care less about Japan , they just saw an opportunity for free press.. Sorry not everyone in america is dumb aflac , you guys suck monkee d---k

Barbara Duck-Medical Quack

Since all this has happened and due to the fact that my real last name is Duck, I decided to mount my own campaign as a possible replacement. Normally I am a healthcare blogger out there to help folks understand the business of healthcare and have been around for 4 years now and thought, gee, the Medical Quack can "quack". I did a post with the old Weird Al song, "I want a new duck" and I have been quacking for years! So, "duck for a duck"..why not:)

Comment Ads Suck

People to replace Gilbert as the Aflac Duck:

Fran Dresher
Bobcat Goldthwait
Steve Buscemi
Christopher Walken
Arnold Schwarzenegger
undead Billy Mays

Superman

Afffffff laaaaaaaak

Did I get the job?

tabloid queen

Um...Ted "Golden Voice" Williams?? It's time that duck got a deeper voice--GG was annoying as all hell as the duck...it was funny for about a minute, then it was just annoying. Sick of muting the TV!

Notaparazzzi

Brilliant. Comedy that hurts people ain't comedy, Gilbert

Notaparazzzi

They should replace Gilbert with a Japanese actor.

jwoolman

Let me guess - he's going to wake up from an operation, throat heavily bandaged, with a voicebox transplant...

Brattboy

Who cares?? Gilbert is THE MOST annoying person there is. He tweeted AWFUL things about Japan. Firing him was perfect.. he's a nobody!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments