Whoopi:

I Smoked WEED

Before My Oscar Speech!

3/24/2011 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Whoopi Goldberg smoked a BIG, FAT JOINT before she won her Oscar in 1991 -- and was stoned off her ass during the victory speech ... so said the actress herself in never-before-seen footage obtained by TMZ.

Whoopi Goldberg

An unabashed Whoopi dropped the bombshell during a voice-over recording session for the movie, "The Pagemaster" back in 1992.

Whoopi explained how she smoked a "wonderful joint" to help calm her nerves before winning the Best Supporting Actress award for "Ghost" ... and was so high during the award show, she had to mentally coach herself on to the stage.

Whoopi Goldberg WeedAfter the Oscars, Goldberg says she got a call from her mother -- who could tell Whoopi had smoked weed because of her "glistening eyes."

Whoopi noted, "Just because I do it doesn't mean you should do it."

Check out Whoopi's speech -- can you tell she was baked?

Chaps

Big Whoopi, make it legal and quit getting wrapped up in the evils of mary jane. How many award attendees were drunk?

Me

Whoopi has always been like Willie Nelson. She always admitted to being a stoner and probably still is, she never hid it.

The question is why is TMZ talking about Whoopi so much lately? Does she call them every morning asking to be a headline?

DANA

worthless piece of she

SoThere

@ Dana --- my thoughts exactly.
I don't know WTF Ted Danson or Frank Langella
ever saw in her or worse want to hit that.

Laura Munroe

Whoopi was not "baked" talked fluently and made sense! So there!

GeneL

Whoopi is obviously high on something every time I (reluctantly) tune in to The View just to see those hags as they constantly interrupt each other, not allowing the other to finish a sentence.
[b]Sherri Shepherd...SHUT UP....JUST SHUT UP[/b]!

karen dapello

Right on, Whoopi...knew there was a reason I like her!

Prgy

I remember the time that Willie and I.... no, wait that was... oh hold on a second. I forgot who that was. Nevermind.

Made it Past 27

WHO IS THAT MAKING THAT FACE??? LOL @ 23 seconds into it!

JJ

What I always figured; an unclass, angry & ugly bitch.

Whip It

yeah ten yrs ago who cares. But what about NOW.
c'mon, when isn't she high! when i do watch the view whoopi aLways seems to be flying...lolZ

Whoopi Vs Trump
BTW Whoopi it probably is because Obama is Black that he "hasn't" had to show his birth certificate. Actually the BETTER argument would be who cares that he's not an American citizen running this country! And Trump wasn't referring to Hawaii not part of the U.S.A. but that probably went over your head since your aLways in a haze...

Perhaps Vladimir Putin can run for the Presidency in the U.S.A. MS. Goldberg since it doesn't matter, right?!

~whip it

GreenEyes

I believe it might be Angelica Huston.

Pimpcessa

Haha, look at some of the tight-asses on here whining because Whoopi smoked a little bud before she accepted her OSCAR. Yeah, she's such a loser and weed has ruined her life.....you must be joking!

Actually, I'm a bit of an insomniac and I went to my doctor to get some help. My doctor flat out told me, he would rather I took a few hits off a joint at night, instead of taking a sleeping pill that I could become addicted to.

Most people that are against weed are folks that haven't even tried it, and are petrified that they will take 1 puff and become hooked and eventually become addicted to heroin or something even worse.

And I also agree with the poster above that says, the only reason it's no legal right now, in the US, is because the cops won't be able to control people growing it themselves and the taxing of it. The government makes too much money from it being illegal. Wouldn't want to stop being able to confiscate someones home, car, airplane or boat, now would we???

chaz lane

She must have shared it with whoever was picking the winners...

LBjim

She is not high, just excited...