Chris Brown

Apologizes for 'GMA' Outburst

3/24/2011 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown finally apologized for his destructive behavior at "Good Morning America" -- but he made sure to take a few shots at the show at the same time.

Chris Brown Apology
Though Robin Roberts says Brown was aware she was going to ask about Rihanna, Chris told a different story on last night's "106 & Park" on BET -- where he said the talking points approved by his people were all about "positivity" and his new album.

Brown says he was "thrown off" by Robin's line of questioning -- and said she only brought up the Rihanna incident in an effort to "exploit me."

The singer says he then exploded backstage "to release the anger that I had inside me," adding that "I got very emotional and I apologize for that."

For their part, ABC News this morning said "Chris Brown was invited on 'Good Morning America' to perform and be interviewed. There were no talking points offered."

On this morning's "GMA," Robin added "It's time to move on."

Tiffani

Is GMA going to cover Liz Taylor's funeral and ask grieving family & friends how they felt when she stole Debbie Reynolds husband? Hmm...

messenger69

His face looks like my rosebud and I not talking about a plant in my yard well maybe my back yard.

YoHoHo ROSEBUD whats up!!!

Sherms

LOOOOOOSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Patty

Oh for goodness sake give me a break!!!!!!!!!! He could have seriously injured someone. What if someone was walking by when he smashed that window and got hit by the falling glass, what if a small child or a baby got hit. This was dangerous and shows that he has not learned a lesson and he does not have any regard for the safety of others or the property of others. I will never watch ANYTHING he appears on, ever!!!!!!! What a creep!!!! It’s an absolute travesty that he isn’t being prosecuted. People need to face the consequences of their actions. If a person off the street(not famous)did this they would be prosecuted; why is he being spared? It’s wrong and it conveys to him that he can do what he wants without consequences. The people who didn't report this to the police--how will they feel if he hurts someone in the future knowing they could possibly have stopped him by making him face consequences? Outrageous!!!!!!!

Myron

Primal brained ni99er

Posted at 6:55 AM on Mar 24, 2011 by Ken

_____________________________________________

Thanks, Ken for adding racism to the mix. Always helpful.

Myron

And yet none of you complain about Rhianna saying she likes bad boys, and is bored by nice guys......

Posted at 7:13 AM on Mar 24, 2011 by whatever

_________________________________________

@whatever: In your world, her alleged taste for bad boys may justify her getting beat up. But not in my world, or in most other people's.

Myron

Please. He was not exploited. He was asked pretty basic journalistic questions. He handled them OK and life would have went on if not for his outburst. He needs to be treated for his anger -- real treatment, not that little stuff he used to satisfy the courts.

GeneL

Another "hollow" and meaningless "apology" by some struggling law-breaking celeb trying to save his behind (and loss of record sales) after offending the masses with some offensive comment or action.

Why don't these idiots think before they act and avoid having to present phony, disingenuous and transparent apologies?

Marie

Poor Chris... I know a great kindergarten teacher who is AMAZING at helping little ones learn about emotions, control issues, and all that. Want her number?

Myron

You can take the "boy" out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the "boy." It's just a matter of time before he's beating women again.

Posted at 7:17 AM on Mar 24, 2011 by Roger

_________________________________________________

What "jungle" is Chris Brown out of, Roger? Thinly veiled racism is still racism. I guess people will one day learn that.

george clooney

typical brother....bottom line!

Bob

Committing hari kari would be a good way for him to atone for his actions!

annabelle k

oh....shut up freak!

dbag

I wish someone would smash his mothers or grandmothers face. Then take a Crap on their heads to boot.

messenger69

Lets just pray he dont marry a white girl. RIP OJ!!